A post of the coast

Stillwater

I wanted to do just a quick evening hop down the coast from Brisbane, so I chose the Lancair - in a colour that will be welcomed by some.

2017-11-5_16-52YBBN.jpg

A little look at the fabulous detail of the YBBN scenery...

2017-11-5_16-54-55-399.jpg

... before turning towards the M1 Gateway Bridge.

2017-11-5_16-58Jack1.jpg

The obvious, part 1.

2017-11-5_16-58M1GatewayBridge.jpg

The obvious, part 2.

2017-11-5_16-59Jack2.jpg
2017-11-5_16-59-33-524.jpg

And now down to Gold Coast, just OZxed, despite of current rumours there might be an update in the making...

2017-11-5_17-9GoldCoast.jpg
2017-11-5_17-12-34-994.jpg

But just after spotting the runway...

2017-11-5_17-15YBCGOOM.jpg

... my FSX hung up. OOM, the first after a long time. Reminds me of two things:

1) Never fly Brisbane with more than default planes in FSX.

2) Quickly proceed installing last weeks purchase, which runs in 64 bit.

Good motivation! But for the sake of this post, I just restarted from a tiny airfield nearby, YSPT Mason Field, flew downwind...

2017-11-5_18-4downwind.jpg

... and enjoyed the massive AI traffic at YBCG.

2017-11-5_18-31YBCGtraffic.jpg

Glorious set Gerold and nice to see some of your frivolous moments on here.

Beautiful water at your restart point and excellent overall images.:)

A shame about your oom though.:(

35 minutes ago, BradB said:

I can understand Jack and Martyn doing stunts like this , its in their DNA . But you Gerold , a fine and proper German business man ; what is this forum coming too . :wacko::o:lol:

Cheers

John

The forum is degenerating into an unruly mass of enjoyment and enthrallment.:o

I just hope that no authoritarian stuffed shirts put a stop to it.;)

Personally I like them Gerold.  It shows you have real taste in liveries, an adventurous spirit, and aw heck, maybe John's right.  It's in our DNA but a fine German businessman, hey wait, we all need to unwind right, yeah, that's the ticket, you were unwinding from a challenging day at work! :lol:

3 hours ago, BradB said:

I can understand Jack and Martyn doing stunts like this , its in their DNA . But you Gerold , a fine and proper German business man ; what is this forum coming too . :wacko::o:lol:

Cheers

John

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

You guys are making me literally laugh out loud. Robin had to ask me what was so funny.  She laughed when she read these gems!  :lol:

Gosh, I hope not Martyn, we make Orbx look good don't we?  I mean don't we?  I, ah, hope we do. :huh: :P But Orbx had terrific DNA in their products!  Top shelf!  :D

Well Gerold that has surprised me I did not think you would go inverted like John said it may be in our dna  and there also is the dreaded moth disease which is very contagious

and you may catch it  like you have from Jack going inverted .

and what super set of screen shots and a yellow aircraft  Jack will be going inverted in his next lot of shots regards stewart    

Thank you for watching & commenting, @Iain Emms and @adambar!

On 7.11.2017 at 8:20 PM, paulb said:

Excellent series of shots Gerold! :).

As you say, one of the joys of P3Dv4 is the absence of OOM's. 

As expected and hoped. Besides the new effects the OOM avoidance is a good motivation.

8 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Well Gerold that has surprised me I did not think you would go inverted like John said it may be in our dna  and there also is the dreaded moth disease which is very contagious

and you may catch it  like you have from Jack going inverted .

and what super set of screen shots and a yellow aircraft  Jack will be going inverted in his next lot of shots regards stewart    

Kudo for naming the newly discovered "dreaded moth disease". Seems to be widespread currently, and probably very infective to people who fly yellow or blue planes and inverted.

23 hours ago, BradB said:

Cheers

John

Thank you for your kind words, Mr. John. This forum is already having a bad influence on some of the initially serious simmers. But, with all these great screenshots, is there any immunisation against it?

19 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Personally I like them Gerold.  It shows you have real taste in liveries, an adventurous spirit, and aw heck, maybe John's right.  It's in our DNA but a fine German businessman, hey wait, we all need to unwind right, yeah, that's the ticket, you were unwinding from a challenging day at work! :lol:

I was somehow confident that you would like my livery. And my little unwinding moves...:D

23 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious set Gerold and nice to see some of your frivolous moments on here.

Beautiful water at your restart point and excellent overall images.:)

A shame about your oom though.:(

You got it Martyn, this forum is degenerating. But I am very confident the moderators will do the opposite from stopping this :D!

PS: No trouble with the OOM, like I said nowadays we can just take it as a motivation. You´ll see...

22 hours ago, jmbiii said:

And you know who started it all.

Correct, jm. And we will not accuse them...

Archived