RAF cosford museum

Excellent Stewart.  What a beautiful museum with some gorgeous planes.  I wish I could buy them all for myself!

I grew up in these kinds of places, both museums and real hangars where I worked real jets and I miss it so much I'd do it for free!  Argh, do I miss it! 

22 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent Stewart.  What a beautiful museum with some gorgeous planes.  I wish I could buy them all for myself!

I grew up in these kinds of places, both museums and real hangars where I worked real jets and I miss it so much I'd do it for free!  Argh, do I miss it! 

I have been to the flightsim at cosford for 5 years running the museum is fantastic I will have a good next Saturday looking round regards stewart

34 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Wow Stewart thank you for the interesting tour. May  i assume the lady in your video is " she who must be obeyed"?

Glad you liked the video I am going there next week for a flightsim 207 it in that hanger looking forward to meeting John and the team from orbx  ,

I will leave on Friday staying in a hotel Friday and sat night go back home on Sunday I is a long train ride to Shrewsbury from Cornwall going with my friend he lives in near London he is a developer for fsx and p3d looking forward to meeting him    we have not met since last year at cosford  we shall have a few beers over the weekend I am looing forward to

flightsim 2017 regards stewart

1 minute ago, stewart1 said:

Glad you liked the video I am going there next week for a flightsim 207 it in that hanger looking forward to meeting John and the team from orbx  ,

I will leave on Friday staying in a hotel Friday and sat night go back home on Sunday I is a long train ride to Shrewsbury from Cornwall going with my friend he lives in near London he is a developer for fsx and p3d looking forward to meeting him    we have not met since last year at cosford  we shall have a few beers over the weekend I am looing forward to

flightsim 2017 regards stewart

Stewart, you are one most fortunate guy, I’d love to do this!

Be safe in your travels and post pictures if you can or send some to me.  I’d love to be there.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Stewart, you are one most fortunate guy, I’d love to do this!

Be safe in your travels and post pictures if you can or send some to me.  I’d love to be there.

Hi Jack I will be taking my camera I will take some pictures and post them on when I come back regards stewart 

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

This really looks like a grand time Stewart, enjoy yourself :) 

Thanks sniper yes I am looking forward the museum is fantastic plenty to se and the flightsim 2017 being there is a added bonus  and also meeting John and the team from orbx

and also the team from dovetail games that have done flightsim world ect through my friend that a developer for fsx and p3d I now that team very well regards stewart

5 hours ago, paulb said:

I might now get there Stewart. It depends on my wife and someone looking after Charlie (our dog). :)

That would be nice to meet Paul would you be driving there I am going by train on Friday  and staying in Shrewsbury Friday and sat night at the premier in

well you know what I look like by my picture could meet at orbx stand if you go Paul look forward to meeting if you decide to go regards stewart    

30 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

That would be nice to meet Paul would you be driving there I am going by train on Friday  and staying in Shrewsbury Friday and sat night at the premier in

well you know what I look like by my picture could meet at orbx stand if you go Paul look forward to meeting if you decide to go regards stewart    

Thanks Stewart. Sure, if I do go then we can meet up. I will see how things go with the wife and dog over the next day or two! :). I will pm you if I am going.

BTW, I don't look like my picture.....:D

I missed this post before, hope you are having a great time Stewart.

Interesting video too, only seen the first 5 minutes shall watch the rest later.

What a wonderful collection of aircraft, didn't realise any TSR2's has survived.

Yessir There are 2 whole TSR-2's one at Cosford and one at Duxford, there is also a cockpit section somewhere at Cosford but i dont knw if thats for public access as the Cockpits have never been made public. I would assume that the first draft of the MRCA - which became the Tornado would have been similar to the TSR-2 cockpit despite it being around 20 years earlier.

The show was terrific, I met with John and Richard, and it was lovely to speak to them, Saw Germany South in all its glory, ended up using the Rift and leap motion on a stall and now practically salivating as I have mine all waiting for the release of flyinside on Thursday this week for P3D v4 and accidently - If my wife asks wink wink, brought myself a CH Combatstick from the JF stand. So all in all it was a great day.

Archived