Thanks to Andy and Paul.

VH-KDK

I have not brought any new planes recently, well not since the last one and I was a bit dismayed to think that I had missed the DA-42 in the Alabeo sale.

I was very happy to be told by Andy and Paul that the sale was still on.

So after weighing up the pros and cons for the fraction of a nanosecond I brought the DA-42 from FSS.

Here is my first short test flight from Dubbo to Narromine in NSW.

FTX AU, OZx YDDU, FSX, Alabeo DA-42, ASN, REX TD EE. (Warning. May contain traces of FTX Trees and peanuts):o

1.yd1.jpg

2.yd2.jpg

3.yd3.jpg

4.yd4.jpg

5.yd5.jpg

6.yd6.jpg

7.yd7.jpg

8.yd8.jpg

9.yd9.jpg

10.yd10.jpg

Lovely addition to hangar 5, a bit skittish on the ground but that is due to my poor skills.:lol:

I bought this plane the other day.  I really feel that it's one of the best twin props around to fly.  I am extremely glad I  went ahead and purchased it particularly at that price.  I know you will enjoy it.

Jim

21 minutes ago, JimNZ said:

I bought this plane the other day.  I really feel that it's one of the best twin props around to fly.  I am extremely glad I  went ahead and purchased it particularly at that price.  I know you will enjoy it.

Jim

Thanks Jim, my early impressions are totally positive.

I own many of the Alebao planes and they sell themselves, always top class.:)

Goes well in FSX and later I will give it a go in V4 along with the TB10/20 which I believe is now V4 compatible.

Well done Martyn! I agree with you, it is pleasant to fly.

I tend to get most of the Alabeo offerings. They are generally decent value (especially in a sale :D ) and many of them will take the Flight1 GTN 750 in the VC panel, which is a nice plus point.

Great series of pics. It looks like an enjoyable flight :).

1 hour ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! I agree with you, it is pleasant to fly.

I tend to get most of the Alabeo offerings. They are generally decent value (especially in a sale :D ) and many of them will take the Flight1 GTN 750 in the VC panel, which is a nice plus point.

Great series of pics. It looks like an enjoyable flight :).

Thanks Paul and I agree with everything you say about Alabeo but I am not into the GTN750 though.:mellow:

5 hours ago, BradB said:

(Warning. May contain traces of FTX Trees and peanuts)  - I had a physical reaction to your post Martyn , I smiled . :o:)

Cheers

John

Making people smile for the right reasons makes me happy too John.

Glad I could oblige.:)

4 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Good that you did the purchase after a long and difficult decision-making process.

And... isn´t the OZ scenery still brilliant after all these years?

Cheers Gerold. You have to give these things the appropriate amount of time when decision making.

We are only on this planet for a short time which is running out fast,so may as well make the most of it.B)

It did look dated around Hamilton Island, in my last post but inland really stands up to the time doesn't it.

There again it was certainly my settings that made it look ordinary.

55 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Good ones Martyn!  It looks like you found yourself a very nice twin, I've always liked the looks of this plane.  And that's some beautiful country you're flying over.

Thanks Jack, it is a great plane which I shall look forwards to flying again today.

Pretty flat out that side of Dubbo but it still comes up well in FSX.

3 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Great shots,  Martyn !  

I love this DA42,  had my eyes on it for a while,  but heard the G1000 can sometimes adversely affect (lower) fps  ... (remember the Carenado Phenom ?)  ? 

How do you find it ? 

Thanks and it is a very nicely done plane too.

I have had no experience with the Phenom but the FPS has certainly dropped with this plane, only in the teens taking off from Dubbo.

Not sure if this is the plane or the OZx scenery.

Archived