First flight

Jack Sawyer

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack but doesn't the non OLC scenery look sad.:lol:

We have been spoiled.

Skilful flying in the 777 and some impressive looking scenery in the distance coming into Dubai.

Thanks Martyn, yes it does but even if Orbx did a LC here, I don't think there's much to work with as it's all sand!

Yeah, this plane is amazing.

Going to do some South American flying with it but I need to find a good city pair down there, I don't know much about South America.

Nice pics.  I remember that trip well.

Miami-Bogota.  :-)  Can fly the LAN Cargo freighter on that route.  I'm looking forward to Addis-Jo'burg in the Ethiopian 77F when OLC Africa comes out.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, yes it does but even if Orbx did a LC here, I don't think there's much to work with as it's all sand!

First, nice shots again :-) I fly around there quite often too. Just recently got HEMA Airport in p3d v4, wich is really neat and not far from Dubai.

I thought the same about "only sand there" hehe. Until i bought the Drzewicki Baku scenery. Its baically in the sand too, normally the surroundings look like the ones in Dubai. 

But then i saw that even in the desert, there seems to be a a lot of terrain variations and other things that are basically worth a look or 2. Sadly ORBX global only has a sand layer in these regions. There would e potential to imrove, tbh :-)

Some examples 

Dubai

ua4kVvH.png

Baku

3oR4PAT.png

Near Abu Dabi

MxGloO6.png

Abu Dabi

HHUvJtt.png

9 hours ago, Mickel said:

Nice pics.  I remember that trip well.

Miami-Bogota.  :-)  Can fly the LAN Cargo freighter on that route.  I'm looking forward to Addis-Jo'burg in the Ethiopian 77F when OLC Africa comes out.

Thanks Mickel!  Sounds like a plan!

8 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

Nice shots Jack and it is a desolate area with most of the sand and dust so even ORBX can't do wonders here.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud, maybe someday, I'm sure it'll be as good as SA.

8 hours ago, Senchay said:

First, nice shots again :-)

Thanks Senchay!

8 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Nice shots Jack and a supper aircraft regards stewart

Thank you Stewart.

4 hours ago, JohnnyJohnJohn said:

Awesome shots. Yes, Orbx does improve everything that they make new sceneries for! :)  Well done.  I need a nice 737 but I don't want to spend that much for one. :(  

Thanks JJJ!  I know they're expensive but amortize it out per day.   I think it's less than one penny a day. :)

18 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Love this contrast between ocean and dry country and the plane on top!

Thanks Erik.  I wish I could have shown the landing but it's not Orbx so such is life.  I'm sure they could do a great job in this area like they did in South America.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

I don't think there is much room for improvement with just sand, other than cities and towns. But great shots nonetheless Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, I almost missed your post.  If Orbx touches it it will have the Midas touch to be sure.

Archived