5:22

Jack Sawyer

P3Dv4 - Orbx Global - NA L/C - Trees - Vector - AS & ASCA - Chase Plane - PMDG 747 - Ultimate Traffic Live - and everything else Orbx has made available for V4.

Another successful long flight.  LAX to PHNL.  Los Angeles to Honolulu in real time.  Five hours and 22 minutes.  Thank the divines, no CTD, no BSOD - Suspect it might be Track IR, not sure.  Had it turned off.

Sorry for so many, it was a long flight but rewarding.

Finally, Im not lonely in my little slice of Orbx-land

LcKDpqh.jpg

G3UgUur.jpg

waF4Hil.jpg

Following the SID - On the way up to FL360

MFwltoq.jpg

dYfAond.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the captain has turned off the fasten seat belt sign

BDDRkS6.jpg

Finally, Hawaii!

XMv3GkI.jpg

uE2zNV6.jpg

What a beautiful place.  If I ever get the chance to go...

7dE8q0D.jpg

h94dK6y.jpg

mpHBWRs.jpg

Ywhv9ri.jpg

XpE8DVe.jpg

Y7eKMRo.jpg

txkktHw.jpg

62fPPaJ.jpg

vgCN3rc.jpg

66VRA3K.jpg

agXVQIF.jpg

tMS8JHr.jpg

ToykgIq.jpg

Excellent set of views from your long flight Jack.

You have mastered the 744 very well and isn't it a buzz when it all goes to plan especially the landing.

I doubt if either of us will ever get to Hawaii but this is surely the next best thing!

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set of views from your long flight Jack.

You have mastered the 744 very well and isn't it a buzz when it all goes to plan especially the landing.

I doubt if either of us will ever get to Hawaii but this is surely the next best thing!

Thanks Martyn, long way from mastering it.  I have a lot to learn yet about the FMS.  But yeah, it is a huge buzz when it autolands perfectly.

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

One of your best post's ever Jack , I applaud you for sitting for over 5 hours + . Hopefully the FA brought you a tasty crew meal . :rolleyes:;):lol:

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I sat there out of the time but got up for dinner.  I was afraid to leave as I didn't know if I'd get a BSOD or CTD.  I had to make my own dinner though. 

4 hours ago, ruudmeij said:

A great set of shots Jack and I supose you did everything by the rules this time.^_^

Cheers,

Ruud

Thanks Ruud.  Yes, SID, STAR, weather, all of it.  I like to be serious now and then and this was then.  It made a perfect autoland with the ILS and as always, even in real life when I sat in the cockpits on many an autoland flight it never ceases to amaze me.

1 hour ago, Sammy H said:

Jack my friend you have officially spread your Wings and qualified as a Long Haul Captain.....time to join me on some 12 hour legs :o

A wonderful set of shots.

Thanks Sammy, I have a working PC to thank, still don't trust it but it was wonderful to fly to Hawaii in real time, with good slider settings, and Orbx everything including Vector.  12 hours!  I'd have to leave the PC and go for a hike, come back, take the wife grocery shopping, and still wait.  I like these study level planes but I also like Orbx low and slow and sight seeing.  Can't wait for my MV choppers.

1 hour ago, PDX Flyer said:

The under carriage shots are to die for.  Great job Jack.

Thanks PDX!  Chase Plane is an amazing piece of software.  I can even use it to explore inside Orbx's terminals.  Love it!

1 hour ago, magic1 said:

Very Nice Jack

Thank you Magic kind sir!

Very nice set Jack!

Did the same trip several times and it always feels very rewarding when finally the mountains of Oahu come into sight. 

Feels like coming home somehow :wub:

Gosh, I probally spent too much time there :D

12 hours ago, adambar said:

Outstanding shots of your long haul flight Jack, I don't know how you do it! :)

Thanks Adam, patience my friend, lots of patience :P

7 hours ago, PupaZebu said:

Very nice set Jack!

Did the same trip several times and it always feels very rewarding when finally the mountains of Oahu come into sight. 

Feels like coming home somehow :wub:

Gosh, I probally spent too much time there :D

Thanks PZ!  I thought the same thing, like coming home.  After so many miles of open ocean to see those Hawaiian mountains was a thrill.

7 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Really supper shots Jack nice 2 of the undercarriage regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart!  I like those kind of shots too in real life.  They always amaze me.  When I was a kid and saw shots like that it was a huge thrill to see.

4 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Absolutely fantastic, Jack. I love it!

+1

Thanks Bernd!  This is why I like Chase Plane.  It's excellent.  I too like those shots, I mean you have the dramatic look of the gear and the hills in the foreground to round it all out. I always get a thrill seeing real cameras mounted on real planes like this.  So I wanted to do it too.

4 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Shot #3 looks majestic, Jack, as well as your approach to Hawaii. Isn´t it a pleasure to master these complicated planes?

Thank you Gerold.  You bet it is!  It's a real thrill to constantly learn and improve with each flight.  I grew up working these in real life so it's like home to me, I spent years and years in these cockpits.

My only wish is that Orbx would someday consider doing Hawaii but I'm not sure if I remember correctly that Mr. JV or someone said they couldn't so it for legal reasons or something?  Not sure, it was a while ago and I'm probably worng.

Archived