I dare you ORBX Developers

I just stumbled upon this. Not only is this one hell of a difficult approach, it is also near one of the most beautiful moutainous areas of the world.

Unmarked private airfield. What more do you need?

So get your act together and develop this for P3D. ORBX style!

https://www.google.de/maps/place/Locher+Srl/@46.5977055,11.378161,1958m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4782a11373de7cdb:0xcfaf14142b0772be!8m2!3d46.5994495!4d11.3796902?hl=de

29 minutes ago, KVSandleben said:

I just stumbled upon this. Not only is this one hell of a difficult approach, it is also near one of the most beautiful moutainous areas of the world.

Unmarked private airfield. What more do you need?

So get your act together and develop this for P3D. ORBX style!

My goodness! Do it ORBX.

It is being done by a forum member on simouthouse as freeware.

Not Orbx.

Cheers Chris

16 minutes ago, glenecho3 said:

We haven't even mentioned the terminal that's built into the ground and the narrow path leading to it. Wonder why the hell someone decided to build this airport?

It is a private airport of this company http://www.locher.it/ in South Tyrol (Alto Adige), not far from the edges of Jarrad's LOWI scenery (hintB)).

Here is the link to another video about this airport (no pushback required ;)). The Pilot is one of the company's owners.

15 minutes ago, glenecho3 said:

We haven't even mentioned the terminal that's built into the ground and the narrow path leading to it. Wonder why the hell someone decided to build this airport?

From the little information I gathered this is where the company Locher SAS KG is situated. And either the founder or his son is so fond of flying that he decided to build and Airfield just right next to his company. Just because he could.

I've made several trips into the general area, although never to Sarintia Valley, and this company is really THE biggest one in the area when it comes to securing roads. You see them everywhere.

There are a whole series of youtube videos, featuring vacation flights with the PC12, wonderful stuff. I think one of them was to Courcheval, and others around the med! It is a unique airport and looks deserving of a scenery package. Looks scary (and is) but with a good pilot and a PC!2, its all doable.

2 hours ago, glenecho3 said:

That is undeniably very cool. Hopefully they illuminate "Cables 3" for night approaches!

I would also expect ILS (sarcasm).

Speaking as someone who can mess up a landing in Norfolk... it looks like fun!

EDIT - I checked after reading speedy70's post that "It is being done by a forum member on simouthouse as freeware." As of about two weeks ago a couple of their folk look like collaborating on it.

In the second video how is the aircraft taxying without props turning? I keep re-running the video and buggered if I can see a tug of any kind....Maybe I am just going blind or do not know the aircraft itself. Please explain?

Also, presuming one knows where the cables are, the approach and landing are not difficult at all. Lot's of much harder approaches in Canada and New Zealand. The taxi up and down the ramp are the problematic ones. Although again if you know your aircraft and can control revs properly and have serviceable brakes, no difficulty there either.

Says one who has never landed at Locher......

13 minutes ago, Scandinavian said:

Looks like a combination of a slight decline from the hangar and a guy pushing on the right wing.

8 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Thanks mate. Apart from magic you are probably correct. I did not realise that they rolled so easily.

Yes, it moves,because of the decline of the apron. That is, what I meant with "no pushback required" in my other post.

Archived