Walter Sutton to (almost) Portland

Thanks to Mr. Perk I bought Walter Sutton's.  Lovely area!  So I wanted to try his hangar trick, I did then wanted to go to Portland, circle the city and land at KPDX but P3D said, "I don't think so pal!"

Flew over the airport then it just quit on me.  VAS was 75% but then I was yet again fooling with settings so it's probably my fault.

I would absolutely love to work on a plane in this little hangar!

ZkvIeX8.jpg

fnQtMQk.jpg

Looks like a squirrel!  Never saw one before in Orbx-land, it's cool!

JazOE0d.jpg

sC1DjlN.jpg

Beautiful area!

R9ricCD.jpg

qs2iAmk.jpg

There it is...

Km6DljM.jpg

Coming around...

SKygIpR.jpg

Let's do this!

ygsjMZm.jpg

0o2UuGh.jpg

qkij7PB.jpg

It's comin', ya know it's comin'.....

KkzorDU.jpg

MN0SdUc.jpg

o3aoT6r.jpg

N4ML8Xm.jpg

UPds9cJ.jpg

NqoDups.jpg

j3QAleF.jpg

eAJAXG4.jpg

9ttpeac.jpg

O774mmp.jpg

I love this!

khpsdH9.jpg

JUKAxm5.jpg

Then....:(

Just now, olderndirt said:

You know, of course, that aerobatics (especially negative G's) increase VAS usage. ^_^

:lol:  I thought I detected a drop in VAS when I did that OnD!  Thanks!

And here I was thinking VAS would increase because I was inverted but Down Under I'd be right side up so it all evens out, wait, what? 

4 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:lol:  I thought I detected a drop in VAS when I did that OnD!  Thanks!

And here I was thinking VAS would increase because I was inverted but Down Under I'd be right side up so it all evens out, wait, what? 

It's that pesky Coriolis Force again - VAS is probably zero at the Equator. 

Nice pics!  I think Walter Sutton is the one I could not find.  Not sure though.  There are two very close to each other and I don't remember which, it's been a while.  I even went slow in a heli and no go.  Found it only by starting there.  Btw, what airplane is that?

1 minute ago, Geezer said:

Nice pics!  I think Walter Sutton is the one I could not find.  Not sure though.  There are two very close to each other and I don't remember which, it's been a while.  I even went slow in a heli and no go.  Found it only by starting there.  Btw, what airplane is that?

It's the Carenado Cruz Piper Sport.  It's nimble and fun to fly.  As for finding t, I use the GTN750 and create a waypoint in it and when I want to fly to it I get in the area and find it.  I do this with all myself small airports.  Makes it easy to find.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

It's that pesky Coriolis Force again - VAS is probably zero at the Equator. 

:lol:  Cool!  Quick, what's a good place to live on the equator?  Easter Island maybe?  

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's the Carenado Cruz Piper Sport.  It's nimble and fun to fly.  As for finding t, I use the GTN750 and create a waypoint in it and when I want to fly to it I get in the area and find it.  I do this with all myself small airports.  Makes it easy to find.

I have the coordinates to put the GTN750 in the panel if you'd like.  I fiddled around with it awhile ago and it actually looks really nice in the panel.

4 hours ago, BradB said:

I thought you were going to go thru the hangers inverted

Oh John, John, what have you done! It's only a matter of time now . . .

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

It's the Carenado Cruz Piper Sport.

Nice pix Jack, and thanks for the reminder about this airplane. I ought to get out in it more, it's a fine beast. Shame about Portland - haven't tried there yet with my new found OOM reduction scheme so I'll have a visit and see what happens. Oh yes, and nice catch on the squirrell

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Some great scenery there Jack! :)

I need to have another look at the products list and get a few more airports before the sale ends. Now is the time to buy!

Thanks Paul!  It's a tough call isn't it?  Orbx or planes? :)

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Oh John, John, what have you done! It's only a matter of time now . . .

Nice pix Jack, and thanks for the reminder about this airplane. I ought to get out in it more, it's a fine beast. Shame about Portland - haven't tried there yet with my new found OOM reduction scheme so I'll have a visit and see what happens. Oh yes, and nice catch on the squirrell

Thanks Andy, yup, it's a matter of time.  :lol:  Yeah, as much as I like Iain's settings I'll have to dial back some heavy hitters as the sliders are all the way to the right but it sure makes things look good!  And that squirrel, he was all squirrelly on me, I didn't want to Taki over the poor little guy and I'm astonished to actually see it!

4 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Top-flight shotz Jack and some nice unusual attitudes and aerobatics on the way!

Thanks Erik, it's the wanna-be stunt man in me. :lol:

4 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice shots Jack - I thought the same as John!.........By the way, that squirrel moves under its own steam too!  

Kev

Thanks Kev!  Soon....soon. :D

4 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi Jack every time when you dig a hole , you find gold in scenery ORBX

Patrick

Patrick, what a marvelous turn of phrase, I love it!  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Nice ones Jack... that barn fly-through just has to be done :D

Thanks Mark, you know it!  It's very difficult in that plane because Carenado must have designed it correctly because when inverted you lose fuel, maybe next time with fuel pumps on? 

9 hours ago, iflygary said:

I have the coordinates to put the GTN750 in the panel if you'd like.  I fiddled around with it awhile ago and it actually looks really nice in the panel.

Yes, please PM me and go easy because I'm not the sharpest bulb in the knife drawer :lol:  I'd love it in the panel!

Archived