Murray Island - YMUI

So I finally had a chance to fly tonight and decide to check two of the. new Oz airports.

In this set I flew around Murray Island, it's very tropical and green and has beautiful colors.

Orbx Aus, Global, Trees, YMUI, AS16.

And yeah, I know, yellow, another set after this but not yellow. :D

Have any of you fellas from Oz ever been to Murray Island in real life?  It looks beautiful and I would be willing to wager that it's only for the very well heeled.

4iG1O2u.jpg

MAeiBWn.jpg

8Bd0Vee.jpg

ejsX3Gw.jpg

h1Dytf1.jpg

Looks like a former volcano

ziUhGPp.jpg

EnEl5E7.jpg

I love the photoreal rocks.  Nice!

YfNU8vl.jpg

uCLWQt6.jpg

d6GXrML.jpg

2 minutes ago, adambar said:

Your shots look marvelous, simply marvelous Jack! :)

Thank you Adam!  I appreciate your kind words.  This was one heck of a fun flight and the vegetation reminds me a lot of PNG.  This is one island I'd love to live on.  Seems to be halfway between Australia and New Zealand.  I like it a lot.  $ well spent!

Excellent set Jack and so happy you are enjoying the Oceanic scenery.

I have never been to MI as it is up the top end and I have onlybeen around theDarwin area.

Like most places all is not as Paradise looking as it appears.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack and so happy you are enjoying the Oceanic scenery.

I have never been to MI as it is up the top end and I have onlybeen around theDarwin area.

Like most places all is not as Paradise looking as it appears.

Well, it sure looks paradise-ish to me compared to where I live now.  

7 hours ago, BradB said:

The heat and humidity would be much worse than your home in GA Mr Jack . Anyway you captured the Island very well my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Might be John but there's always an ocean breeze or a dip in the water.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Really great shots Jack! I like the plane. Yellow is beginning to grow on me! :D

Thanks Paul.  You need to update your fleet with some yellow paint. :)

5 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thans Iain!

1 hour ago, Mark Abdey said:

Let me dive in to that sea... keep an eye out for shakes though :unsure:

Lovey shots there Jack.

Thanks Mark, sharks with lasers too!

59 minutes ago, gumbypickett said:

Nice shots Jack, I haven't been to Murray Island either I have it

installed but still haven't explored it properly, you've probably seen more

of it than what I have, it looks inviting though.B)

cheers

Gumby

Thanks Gumby!  It's beautiful in the sim.  Like I said, it looks like its halfway between Australia and NZ.  Nice.

3 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul.  You need to update your fleet with some yellow paint. :)

LOL Jack! :D. I never looked for yellow liveries before I became friends with you!

2 hours ago, paulb said:

LOL Jack! :D. I never looked for yellow liveries before I became friends with you!

Very good my Welsh friend!  Now John will have to wear sunglasses for all the yellow planes!  :lol: 

Just kidding John, not ALL my planes are yellow.  But don't you think yellow "goes really well with" Orbx sceneries?  My wife thinks so. B)

1 minute ago, Stillwater said:

You are getting around in Oz, my friend.... with great tropical shots here. Just send some 10-15 degs up to us here in Europe, we´d be happy.

Thanks Gerold.  More to come.  right now in Atlanta it's a freezing 63 F, last week it was in the 90's.  We have a huge storm, all rain and flooding.  Nasty weather at the moment.  Wish I was in Australia.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gerold.  More to come.  right now in Atlanta it's a freezing 63 F, last week it was in the 90's.  We have a huge storm, all rain and flooding.  Nasty weather at the moment.  Wish I was in Australia.

A great place to be Jack, you would be more than welcome and it is so easy to get in for some.

Go to Indonesia, get on a boat and burn your passport. Then you when you arrive you can go on the dole for the rest of your life and let the Australian workers support you. Simples!

4 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

A great place to be Jack, you would be more than welcome and it is so easy to get in for some.

Go to Indonesia, get on a boat and burn your passport. Then you when you arrive you can go on the dole for the rest of your life and let the Australian workers support you. Simples!

Huh!  Sounds like the good old US of A!  I could never do that, I'd hate to be a burden and my conscious would never allow it.  I'll hopefully make it there someday, you know who willing...

Archived