Further S Italy

dolf8857

Excellent series Dolf.

2 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Another gorgeous set, Dolf. You really are getting some wonderful light in your shots - crisp and yet subtle (damn! I sound like a poncey wine waiter)

Oooooh sooooo fruity with a nice boquet.:rolleyes:. Don't forget the 9" white plate with about six pieces of microscopic food artily arranged and the smear of brown sauce that looks like some one has trodden on a runny dog t*rd, all for $100 a serve. Why not if the punters are prepared to part with their hard earned for the experience.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent series Dolf.

Oooooh sooooo fruity with a nice boquet.:rolleyes:. Don't forget the 9" white plate with about six pieces of microscopic food artily arranged and the smear of brown sauce that looks like some one has trodden on a runny dog t*rd, all for $100 a serve. Why not if the punters are prepared to part with their hard earned for the experience.

The catering not to your liking where you're staying, Martyn?

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2560 at 2:55 AM, andy1252 said:

The catering not to your liking where you're staying, Martyn?

The catering here is excellent Andy. We buy from the many steet stalls or go to a restaurant to eat. The family I am staying with know all the best places to eat.

As you may well have guessed I am not a fan of this poncy arty food, I like mine served up with a spoon, not with tweezers and a microscope. There is nothing miniscule about the price they charge either. When I lived in Mildura, friends of mine went to the restaurant of a famous TV chef in town and paid $140 a head. When they finished it was straight over the road for a pizza as they were still hungry. Empty stomachs and empty wallets!:lol:

8 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I like mine served up with a spoon, not with tweezers and a microscope

My sentiments entirely. I'm a Sarfend boy - it took me years to adapt to using cutlery once I'd moved away. And I can't go more than a couple of days without red meat. Strangely enough though, I can't stand whelks and the like. Probably over-exposed to them as a kid.

And Dolf, apologies for the off-topic nonsense <grin>

Archived