Messerschmitt over Dover

Great shots of an interesting plane. Though, very difficult to find an appropriate location for these old birds...

2 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Amazing shots Ebo, you better wach out for that Spit from Iain, might be hidden behind those clouds somewhere ;) 

+1!

4 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Amazing shots Ebo, you better wach out for that Spit from Iain, might be hidden behind those clouds somewhere ;) 

+1 - Outstanding shots !! .

John

Awesome shots Eberhard!  I don't think they wanted to see that in WWII approaching the white cliffs.

That is what happened with this specific one. It is a hi res paint I did for the a2a 109 of group commander Franz von Werra. There is a great movie about him available. It is called "The one who got away".

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Eberhard Haberkorn said:

That is what happened with this specific one. It is a hi res paint I did for the a2a 109 of group commander Franz von Werra. There is a great movie about him available. It is called "The one who got away".

Wow!  I didn't know this Eberhard.  I never knew a German plane got so close to the country.  I knew about those nasty V1 and V2 missiles but never knew that. I'll have to read up on it. 

Horrible English weather but beautiful English countryside and a glorious German plane, top class set.

I have seen the movie a couple of times and a amazing achievement to have escaped.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow!  I didn't know this Eberhard.  I never knew a German plane got so close to the country.  I knew about those nasty V1 and V2 missiles but never knew that. I'll have to read up on it. 

Plenty of German planes made it over the Chanel Jack. My dad used to tell me many stories about the war especially The Blitz and also when he was stationed at Exeter working on searchlights. I was told that two V1s come down in the village we lived in, one destroying  a house and killing a sailor home on leave.

5 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Horrible English weather but beautiful English countryside and a glorious German plane, top class set.

I have seen the movie a couple of times and a amazing achievement to have escaped.

Plenty of German planes made it over the Chanel Jack. My dad used to tell me many stories about the war especially The Blitz and also when he was stationed at Exeter working on searchlights. I was told that two V1s come down in the village we lived in, one destroying  a house and killing a sailor home on leave.

Amazing.  Those were terrible times.  God rest all their souls.  All of the millions and millions.  I pray to God it never happens again.

Archived