English journey continued

Mr.Mugel

So I did a shorter hop today with the old sheet metal collection. Southampton to Leeds Bradford, trying my skills with VOR navigation. Also had some tough weather, selected one of the ORBx weather sets and lowered the visibilty a bit. Quite shaky air, Stewardesses didn´t like it much, crew liked the landing though ;) Had to impress, with General MacArthur flying in the rear...

Loading at Southampton

20170406222506_1.jpg

Liftoff, still some wasted part of runway ahead ;)

20170406224014_1.jpg

Cruising at a requested FL120 to get above those turbulences. Pax could stretch their legs for some minutes.

20170406225021_1.jpg

Back further down, heading towards Leeds

20170406233014_1.jpg

Turning in, controls on manual, smooth ride even with that bumpy air

20170406233156_1.jpg

Approach config, runway in sight

20170406233642_1.jpg

And the gear reaching out for the runway

20170406233913_1.jpg

Shut down, another job well done

20170406235246_1.jpg

I really like the aircraft, nothing better than some pistons chuggin' along, smell of oil, vibrations and the feeling of raw power. Flies like a dream, though. Landings are very easy to get right but still rewarding. The simulation is awesome too, I just don´t have a lot of fun with non Accusim birds anymore, it lacks so much of the aviation experience.

The scenery of England is still very good, too. I´m looking forward to Germany as soon as the southern part comes out. And maybe some day (Shouldn´t be too long now) I can afford the Global package, too. Flight simming isn´t the best hobby for a student, it seems :D

Hope you enjoy the shots.

Thanks!

Forgot to add. I am hugely surprised how well the ORBx regions run on my PC. With the default areas, I loose texture focus easily, and even Autogen stops following me eventually, as it did yesterday when flying out of Germany with the Connie. I even turned Autogen quite far down but it didn´t help.

When I approached England, the scenery was mostly loaded, Autogen was fine, textures weren´t allways fully there, but I was on descent, going at close to 250 mp/h there, so that´s fine. On final, textures were fine.

So it doesn´t only look better than default by margins, it runs better for me, too. Happy guy here.

Great shots of a beautiful plane & good scenery,

20 hours ago, Mr.Mugel said:

smell of oil,

And maybe some day (Shouldn´t be too long now) I can afford the Global package, too.

How did you get the smell, did you place a can near your PC or it is THAT old?

The biggest price you have to pay with the global package is the time you need afterwards to fly to all these satisfying places. Be warned!

13 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Great shots of a beautiful plane & good scenery,

How did you get the smell, did you place a can near your PC or it is THAT old?

The biggest price you have to pay with the global package is the time you need afterwards to fly to all these satisfying places. Be warned!

The oil smell is still part of my imagination. You can find those, though:

https://www.amazon.com/COMBO-Octane-Racing-Country-Candles/dp/B01C1PS6NY

81S6-L2CwmL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, one day I´ll get that stuff, but a couple of months will have to pass first. So I have something to look forward too, just as well.

Archived