Mt. Adams and Mt. Rainier

PDX Flyer

I was gonna say Piper J3 but somehow I just felt that wasn't right :lol:.

Paul beat me to it, god on ya Paul!  I've always thought it cool that they had a plane with both props and jets and always wondered how they could control it.  I mean it has jet engines which have a heck of a lot of thrust and props which don't want to be moved through the air too fast.  

I wonder if there's any still flying.

Wonderful shot, just half the plane and 5 engines!

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I was gonna say Piper J3 but somehow I just felt that wasn't right :lol:.

Paul beat me to it, god on ya Paul!  I've always thought it cool that they had a plane with both props and jets and always wondered how they could control it.  I mean it has jet engines which have a heck of a lot of thrust and props which don't want to be moved through the air too fast.  

Jack, there was me thinking it was a Jabiru but along with the Piper they are both high winged.

There are none flying Jack and just 4 in museums. There is also one privately owned and in pieces.

50 minutes ago, BradB said:

Too bad Mt.St.Helen's blew her top of , she is sorely missed in this shot . She would have been the Mt. on the far left . :o:(:D

Cheers

John

I wonder what it would take to have an option for PNW to have the top intact. It guess would be a tougher task to also have to backdate the acreage around the mountain along with spirit lake.

7 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

You Sir are so correct.  Good job.

Thank you PDX. Not a difficult quiz really. BTW, I still have a 1/72nd scale model (unbuilt) insulating my loft somewhere. It is huge!

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Jack. Now there's a new challenge for you. Taking one off from an orbx grass strip! :)

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Thank you PDX. Not a difficult quiz really. BTW, I still have a 1/72nd scale model (unbuilt) insulating my loft somewhere. It is huge!

Thanks Jack. Now there's a new challenge for you. Taking one off from an orbx grass strip! :)

Don't have the plane Paul but if I did you know I'd do it.  I'm crazy like that, maybe not crazy but test pilot crazy.  :lol:

11 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful shot, just half the plane and 5 engines!

Jack, there was me thinking it was a Jabiru but along with the Piper they are both high winged.

There are none flying Jack and just 4 in museums. There is also one privately owned and in pieces.

That's a shame that they're in museums.  I know mechanics at the American Legion that can take any, and I mean any plane in the world and get it in perfect, legal flying condition.  Davis Jonathan in Arizona has tens of thousands of planes but they hold on to them like they're gold.  Like someone is ever going to take up a P-38 against a Mig.  Right....

32 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Don't have the plane Paul but if I did you know I'd do it.  I'm crazy like that, maybe not crazy but test pilot crazy.  :lol:

Hi Jack, I believe that it is freeware. Have a look at (probably) either avsim or simouthouse if you want to try it.

Yes, I am sure that you were born to be a test pilot! :D

Cheers Paul

Archived