FTX Central v3.1 Released

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of FTX Central v3.1. This update fixes issues that some customers have experienced with FTX Central in the past.

Major changes:

• A new CDN is now used for all downloads in FTX Central. We believe this will provide a better experience to all customers. You can see the results of our speed testing here.
  • FTX Central can now use multiple connections to download files. This results in speed increases across the board. You can see the results of the multi-threaded downloads in the same thread I linked above. This feature is still in beta, the download speed reported by FTX Central needs some fine-tuning. You can enable this feature from the settings page.
  • Customers who own FTX Global openLC NA Alaska/Canada and YMML Melbourne International Airport v2 can now install their products via FTX Central. If you have the newer openLC North America or YMML v3, you will not see the old products as these have been superseded. If you cannot see openLC NA AK/CAN or YMML v2 and you should, please make a new topic in our OrbxDirect and FTX Central v3 support forum.

Minor changes and bug fixes:

• Fix some files remaining when uninstalling a product.
  • Fix concurrency issue when adding a lot of new products.
  • Fix settings page breaking when clicking the settings button multiple times.
  • Fix dialog crash when using Windows Vista.
  • Fix issue with Prepar3D v2.4 not appearing. If you were experiencing issues with this in the past and it's still not working, please create a new topic in the FTX Central support forum.
  • Fix rare crashes when saving and loading application settings.
  • Show a more helpful error message when the terrain.cfg cannot be found.
  • Fix file duplication issue when updating FTX Global VECTOR.
  • Fix crash when cached categories are corrupt.
  • Added some tools to the settings page:
    • Reset the unified lclookup from within FTX Central.
    • Clear partially downloaded products.
    • Open the Vector configurator.
  • Some small tweaks to ensure FTX Central is compatible with upcoming simulators.
  • Prevent "start migration" button from being pressed multiple times.

To get FTX Central v3.1, simply start FTX Central then click the "apply update" button at the bottom left when it appears (this may take a minute or two).

If you have any questions about this update, please post in this topic. If you have a technical support issue (e.g. FTX Central is crashing), please use the FTX Central support forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/218-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-3-support-forum/

16 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:
  • Fix dialog crash when using Windows Vista.

Wait. What? Someone out there is using Vista?!!!!!!

Vista support should have dropped off the radar loooong ago... imo

15 minutes ago, jpreou said:

Wait. What? Someone out there is using Vista?!!!!!!

Vista support should have dropped off the radar loooong ago... imo

I agree, supporting Vista shouldn't be necessary. However, it takes minimal effort on our part to make it happen. Vista SP2 supports up to .NET Framework 4.6, so it's still got a bit of life in it yet ;)

It's for a similar reason that we still support Prepar3D v1.x (which only 0.1% of our customers use). It effectively just uses FSX files, so requires barely any extra effort on our behalf to add P3Dv1 to the installers.

I think you've nailed it Ben. Total download and installation time for all seven Regions in Europe and the Libraries was only 17 minutes. And I'm one of those who've had a really tough time with downloads. Thank you, thank you, thank you.....you've made my day.....Doug 

The download speed is much improved except for the constant pauses to extract? Why not let the download complete and extract and install all at once? This should also allow the next in queue to begin downloading while the previous is extracting and installing?

Thanks

Terry

Hi Terry, thanks for the feedback, that's something Ben may take into consideration although the overall installation time would equate to be exactly the same since thousands of small zip files would be extracted after the download completes anyway.

But we're constantly working on improvements to the code so ultimately the downloads will be as optimal as possible.

Hi All

the first thing that happened was that it migrated all of my Global files, which took about 45 seconds!

I'm hoping this resolves the issues i have been having with incorrect scenery tiles overlaying.

I've looked through several posts and have hopefully made some progress to resolve the issue.

can anybody advise me on the correct scenery order i should be seeing in the scenery library please?

cheers

Pat

5 hours ago, John Venema said:

Hi Terry, thanks for the feedback, that's something Ben may take into consideration although the overall installation time would equate to be exactly the same since thousands of small zip files would be extracted after the download completes anyway.

But we're constantly working on improvements to the code so ultimately the downloads will be as optimal as possible.

Hi John

I am sure you are correct for a single product but am pretty sure it would be faster for multiple products in the queue?

Also I think it would be great if we could check off the products we want to download and then enter the installation method and backup directory, and have licenses checked all at once. Sure would save a lot of clicks. 

Thanks

Terry

• Orbx unpinned this topic

Archived