My GTX 1080 is not yet arrived,but...

FILOU

Dunno if your 1080 will give you better visuals than what your are showing in this shot but,  what it will allow is higher slider settings with a smoother flying experience.  I am very happy with my GTX 1080 which allowed me a more realistic overall flying experience and fabulous visuals.  

Beautiful FILOU... I really love your sky colour.

I really want a new card, but cannot afford a 1080, or even a 1070... but I am looking at the 6GB version of the GTX1060 which I'm sure would give me a reasonable boost over my current 2GB 670.

Anyway, good luck with your 1080 FILOU... look forward to seeing some screens with it soon.

5 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

Dunno if your 1080 will give you better visuals than what your are showing in this shot but,  what it will allow is higher slider settings with a smoother flying experience.  I am very happy with my GTX 1080 which allowed me a more realistic overall flying experience and fabulous visuals.  

Thank Robert.

I was with a GTX 970. I wanted the GTX 1080Ti but I'm staying reasonable :)... I can not wait anymore and the GTX 1080 is strong enough!

I am very happy to have positive feedback from you.Thank

5 minutes ago, Mark Abdey said:

Beautiful FILOU... I really love your sky colour.

I really want a new card, but cannot afford a 1080, or even a 1070... but I am looking at the 6GB version of the GTX1060 which I'm sure would give me a reasonable boost over my current 2GB 670.

Anyway, good luck with your 1080 FILOU... look forward to seeing some screens with it soon.

Thank Mark.When I see your pictures i tell myself that you do not need a GTX 1080 :rolleyes: Your eyes are amazing!

GTX 1060 6go can be a very good option it is the equivalent of a GTX 980.It will be the night and the day compared to your 670!

Before the 1080 I had a ATI R9 290 which was over 3- years old.  So, for me the 1080 was a great improvement.  The 970 card is still a very nice and I can think many would enjoy having one. Hope you get a smoother flying experience.  You can always check out my latest video in the video section called Hooching 8 miles high.  

It was done using the 1080 and full  sliders except for buildings it was set to normal. 

2 minutes ago, FILOU said:

Thank Mark.When I see your pictures i tell myself that you do not need a GTX 1080 :rolleyes: Your eyes are amazing!

GTX 1060 6go can be a very good option it is the equivalent of a GTX 980.It will be the night and the day compared to your 670!

Thank you for the compliment FILOU :) a true master yourself B)

It would be nice to have better performance, although I seem to do suprisingly well most of the time... the GTX1060 does seem to give a good 'bang for buck' and would go well with the rest of my PC, which is getting on a bit. I'll have to see what santa brings ^_^

8 minutes ago, FSRobert said:

Before the 1080 I had a ATI R9 290 which was over 3- years old.  So, for me the 1080 was a great improvement.  The 970 card is still a very nice and I can think many would enjoy having one. Hope you get a smoother flying experience.  You can always check out my latest video in the video section called Hooching 8 miles high.  

It was done using the 1080 and full  sliders except for buildings it was set to normal. 

I will go watch your video for sure!

I think you can increase the sliders building.Have you tried this settings and you can check also in P3D Settings Scenery " Reflections" Terrain and vegetation+in P3D Settings Lighting " Objet Type" vegetation cast and receive.

To be honest turning the building count up  on my rig does not effect the FPS to damage the performance of the flight.  It's just the type of bush flying I do gives the simulation a unreal look with too many buildings. Maybe one day cabin type buildings will be available in rural areas. Reflections I have them all turned not full but in the middle with the shadow quality set to max.  And I use dynamic  reflections that is set to max. I am sure you will play around with everything and find your sweet spot. The thing is not to get fixed on the FPS. I have great performance and brilliant graphics and FPS in the mid to high 30's.  Over all ORBX regions and airports.  I use vector and all landclass programs Orbx offers. I can be flying in Alaska and get FPS in the 50's.  The  GTX 1080 has really made my P3D yummy good :D

1 minute ago, FSRobert said:

To be honest turning the building count up  on my rig does not effect the FPS to damage the performance of the flight.  It's just the type of bush flying I do gives the simulation a unreal look with too many buildings. Maybe one day cabin type buildings will be available in rural areas. Reflections I have them all turned not full but in the middle with the shadow quality set to max.  And I use dynamic  reflections that is set to max. I am sure you will play around with everything and find your sweet spot. The thing is not to get fixed on the FPS. I have great performance and brilliant graphics and FPS in the mid to high 30's.  Over all ORBX regions and airports.  I use vector and all landclass programs Orbx offers. I can be flying in Alaska and get FPS in the 50's.  The  GTX 1080 has really made my P3D yummy good :D

It is good to know this!Thank again Robert and fly like you like!This is the most important thing.

Archived