GEN EDLE to EDLV

Jack Sawyer

This time in the An-2, real-time season and weather.

But, I found a building anomaly.

9kxUPA5.jpg

FqrRTch.jpg

SXZZ5rk.jpg

fUGZXyQ.jpg

LrDztOQ.jpg

kebYR84.jpg

uc2oapz.jpg

xXOjOfK.jpg

mgujQiP.jpg

Does this look normal to you guys?

nZRD44V.jpg

PAppEWo.jpg

4brcTCQ.jpg

YmhH2UD.jpg

9hACmod.jpg

nXTv3zJ.jpg

yApidcQ.jpg

VPHxbfO.jpg

oPE23lX.jpg

cJLQNoZ.jpg

IsZyMrs.jpg

You almost have to force this plane to land

lL2URg7.jpg

But it lands like a dream.

vL5BGe1.jpg

Very nice set Jack (love your Berlin shots, too).

39 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Does this look normal to you guys?

Normal? Hmm.. Compared to the "daring" combination of colours and architecture in RL, it looks still almost a bit "unobtrusive" ;) :

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EKK43D/steel-location-duisburg-hamborn-thyssenkrupp-steel-front-green-gas-EKK43D.jpg

http://img.fotocommunity.com/hochofen-nr-8-thyssen-in-duisburg-8acf6f44-9e3f-4759-80dd-d1a442337712.jpg?height=1080

Excellent set Jack, some wonderful views from your old plane.

Just warming up at Essen too and went for a close up of Thyssen Krupp.

1.kj2.jpg

2.kj1.jpg

Looks about the same as yours. Maybe Gerold could see what he gets next time he is in the area.

2 hours ago, Frank Schnibben said:

Very nice set Jack (love your Berlin shots, too).

Normal? Hmm.. Compared to the "daring" combination of colours and architecture in RL, it looks still almost a bit "unobtrusive" ;) :

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/EKK43D/steel-location-duisburg-hamborn-thyssenkrupp-steel-front-green-gas-EKK43D.jpg

http://img.fotocommunity.com/hochofen-nr-8-thyssen-in-duisburg-8acf6f44-9e3f-4759-80dd-d1a442337712.jpg?height=1080

Thanks Frank, so it's good to go.  You and the team did a wonderful job on GEN, I LOVE it!

3 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Looks like you are having lots of fun Jack with that new GEN scenery.  And someone from Germany would have to chime in on the building texture.  Who knows, they may really look like that?

I am PDX, it's terrific, I'm glad I could it, so now more exploring.  Man I have SCA yet to explore, Norway, GEN, Australia, and finish exploring NZ!

2 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Jack,

I think that is an oil refinery piping if you look closely, but with a black surface on top of it - some sort of an anomaly for sure.

Kev

Yup, it's been confirmed Kev, thanks, it's really cool isn't it

1 hour ago, RJ said:

Tremendous post! :)

Thanks RJ!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack, some wonderful views from your old plane.

Just warming up at Essen too and went for a close up of Thyssen Krupp.

1.kj2.jpg

2.kj1.jpg

Looks about the same as yours. Maybe Gerold could see what he gets next time he is in the area.

Thanks Martyn!  Man do I appreciate you guys!  It looks exactly the same so my mind is at ease and now for some more tours.  Thanks to you And Gerold and others all I gotta do is ask for some routing and I'll be happy.  Kind of like Adam and you giving me route/tour suggestions in NZ!  :)

1 hour ago, BradB said:

No anomaly with this post , all great shot from GEN . Have fun exploring Jack !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, when you look real close at it you can see all the intricate piping, cool ain't it?  As my 18 year-old son would say, Orbx rocks.

3 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Ah, I see your great number two here, and again the German landscape looks like in RL. I was also confused by your textures, until Martyn convinced me. Let´s see if I also give it a try...

Thanks Gerold.  It's a very nice country.  I want to see if they included the Air Force base at Jever so I can relive my month I spent there.

2 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Jack, actually definitely go have a look at Jever.  They did a fairly decent job with the military bases in GEN, even some new object models for hangars and hardened aircraft shelters which I had not seen before.

Thanks Ripcord!  I'm doing an Acronis backup up now but when it's done I plan on having a look.  Also, I can't believe how many airports it came with in that long list!  Terrific!

They pretty much do them all, Jack, in every FTX region (save AU, which has OzX to lean on).

Somebody here recently in these forums noted how they dropped in at Eggebek AB only to find out it has been closed, with a solar panel farm built right on the runway.  So they even went to that level of detail, which impressed me. 

32 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Somebody here recently in these forums noted how they dropped in at Eggebek AB only to find out it has been closed, with a solar panel farm built right on the runway.

You were too polite to drop the name of that guy, but I admit I know him since over 50 years, he lives nearby and had never heard of that conversion before. Really good learnings we get from flying here...

Archived