Refuge Cove to Victoria Harbour

bernd1151

Could that be Larry, watching me preparing for the flight?

1.jpg

Lots of nice little details in this freeware gem by Larry

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

We hit Vancouver Island north of Comox

6.jpg

Now we have reached beautiful Nanaimo and will soon reach its picturesque waterfront, another

fantastic freeware scenery by Larry

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

At 10 o’clock one can spot Victoria Int.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Finally Victoria comes into sight. We swing around and prepare for our water landing

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Thanks gents for taking this ride with me

Really great shots Bernd! They bring back so many memories of flights to Refuge, Nanaimo and Victoria. Your shots are so realistic; that’s really the way it is.

Here’s an amusing bit of trivia; according to the Victoria Harbour regs, seaplanes must be off step by the time they reach Pelly Island, that little islet in center of the outer portion of  the Inner Harbour.  Jon Patch told me that some people in the condos on the north and south keep their binoculars trained on seaplanes as they takeoff and land and immediately report violators! (I guess that fills up one's days.) :)

It’s possible that I may be able to get back to Refuge Cove next year in which case I’ll get lots of photos. You can guess what I might use them for. :)

Thank you so much, my friends for your comments

1 hour ago, Larry_R said:

Here’s an amusing bit of trivia; according to the Victoria Harbour regs, seaplanes must be off step by the time they reach Pelly Island, that little islet in center of the outer portion of  the Inner Harbour.  Jon Patch told me that some people in the condos on the north and south keep their binoculars trained on seaplanes as they takeoff and land and immediately report violators! (I guess that fills up one's days.) :)

It’s possible that I may be able to get back to Refuge Cove next year in which case I’ll get lots of photos. You can guess what I might use them for. :)

Hi Larry, I guessed that there must be some harbour regulations for seaplanes, because when I looked at the charts prior to the flight I saw, where seaplanes were allowed to fly and where not. I am a little bit of course with my landing and I hoped that nobody would notice :)

Great to hear that you plan on visiting Refuge Cove again. It really is a superb package that you have put together for all of us to enjoy

Archived