A somehow uncommon destination ... part 2

Stillwater

OK mates, let us continue from yesterday´s trip http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/121514-a-somehow-uncommon-destination-part-1/#comment-1090829

Leaving Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon eastwards along the N10...

2016-9-12_20-25Yaounde.jpg
2016-9-12_20-27-6-486.jpg
2016-9-12_20-40-27-595.jpg

In Bertoua we strongly see the limits of default landclass. There is a village around the runway!

2016-9-12_20-43Bertoua.jpg

Next place: At least Batouri exists in the sim, though it looks like an Australian or European place.

2016-9-12_20-49Batouri.jpg

You need some evidence on the colours here? This is the road between Batouri and Yokaduma. Should be looking like the Australian north - surely Orbx has the best qualifications to upgrade this scenery ;)!

04Batouri-Yokaduma.jpg

The border between Cameroon and the Central African Republic. Looks a bit deserted...

2016-9-12_20-55ZARborder.jpg

... though it is a busy place in RL!

05Border.jpg

I went on to Berberati in the trusty Twotter...

2016-9-12_21-6Berberati.jpg

... and changed for something more flexible to continue...

2016-9-14_20-29Berberati.jpg

Tomorrow, and I promise to get you more "low & slow" then!

Wonderful post my friend , I loved the RL photo's . As far as Orbx doing anything in Africa , hopefully someday . But sadly the continent needs more

peace and prosperity and technology advances before any kind of customer base can flourish . :(:)

Cheers

John

Thank you, @Iain Emms, @Kasi31, @RJ, @gregmorin, @Lane Thomas Hewitt and @Jack Sawyer. I´ll try to show up our scenery (and, in this region, the lack of good LC) as an inspiration - may it be for flights or for upgrades.

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Wonderful post my friend , I loved the RL photo's . As far as Orbx doing anything in Africa , hopefully someday . But sadly the continent needs more

peace and prosperity and technology advances before any kind of customer base can flourish . :(:)

Cheers

John

I fear you are right with the customer base, John. We have first world problems compared to most of the people around.

But that won´t stop orbyfied customers from exporing the world out of our bedrooms, would it? 

7 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great shots, Gerold. You had to go there yourself in rl ? ;)

All these shots have been taken by a friend, sometimes on the move, sometimes with a mobile, sometimes with high-range equipment in difficult conditions. The highlight is the stories behind... 

15 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I know this ain't the place but stories like that are extremely interesting to me.

Keep the mix coming, I'm liking it.

Thank you, mate, will keep so.

15 hours ago, Voyager said:

Good! Excellent shots and photos.

Voyager

Thanks Voyager, more photos in the next part...

9 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I am enjoying this trip Gerold.

FTXG is just one step on a long FS journey. It will improve with every step.

... we already have the basic pieces with textures, vectors & mesh. The massive detail work with landclass needs is time, and will surely be customer-targeted.

Archived