Ever been to Romania?

bernd1151

After having enjoyed parts of northern Germany, I wanted to see some real mountains again. Not the alps this time, it had to be something different. I got the idea actually from “PNW User”, when he showed us around Tivat, Montenegro.

But I wanted to go further east, to be more precise, some 900 km further north-east into the Carpathians (Wikipedia: The Carpathian Mountains or Carpathians are a mountain range system forming an arc roughly 1,500 km (932 mi) long across Central Europe, into Eastern, and in Southeastern Europe, making them the second-longest mountain range in Europe (after the Scandinavian Mountains, 1,700 km (1,056 mi))

The highest peaks with slightly over 2,600 m (8,500 ft) are in Slovakia. I opted for this flight for Romania, with its highest peak “Moldoveanu” being 2,544 m (8,346 ft) tall. As there is no airport close by, I took off from Sibiu and headed east along one of the most beautiful mountain ranges I have seen in a long time.

Before you reach Brasov (an airport for this area is presently under construction I think), you turn south and bingo: Moldoveanu! (Romania is covered by OLC Europe and if you have a nice mesh, I use Global Ultimate, you are covered). Please click on a picture, if you want to see it in a larger size.

0.jpg

It’s still very early, when we depart Sibiu

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Moldoveanu dead ahead

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

And this is how it looks in the real world, so we aren’t too far off.

16.jpg

My next trip in this region will bring me into the High Tatras of Slovakia.

Thanks for viewing

Thanks a lot, gents

7 minutes ago, PDX Flyer said:

Is that the Carenado C208B GRAND CARAVAN EX HD Series?  If so, how do you like it?  How are the frame rates?

Yes PDX, it is. And it's one of the better Carenado planes on offer and fps wise I have seen no issues so far, meaning it's easy on the frame rates

Thank you all very much

7 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Great flight, and - for us from lower saxony - also a great livery! Where did you get it? 

Thanks for liking the livery, Gerold, I did it myself and it is based on one that was done showing REX. I liked its colours. Btw, the horse is actually the Westfalian one. You have tried that one before with me  :D:D

Archived