GEN

RTK1972

17 minutes ago, Triplane said:

At that price, I'll pass.   -   Doug

honestly i thought the same. nearly 70 Euro for GEN and GES is quite expensive.

But on the other hand i think it will be worth it.

At least i am happy ORBX did germany after all this DEX (or what was the name) desaster in the past

12 hours ago, Triplane said:

You realize that ALL the regions have that price tag now!? So it has nothing to do with the development of german regions. ORBX announced that there would be a price increase and I would expect that every future region will cost that much. 

13 hours ago, Triplane said:

12 hours ago, RTK1972 said:

honestly i thought the same. nearly 70 Euro for GEN and GES is quite expensive.

But on the other hand i think it will be worth it.

The price might be high, but if you compare it with other products that cover various countries in Europe, I consider it reasonable. Have for comparison a look at Swiss Professional X, which costs 110 € w/o VAT. As it is fairly old, it does not compare quality-wise with GEN/GES and Switzerland is much, much smaller in size. The same goes for Austria Professional HD. Both east and west parts together retail for some 89 € w/o VAT and they offer only one season! Again the size of the country is much smaller.

Considering the huge amount of work that went into GEN and GES, I believe that the price is more than justified. Just my 2 cents

Same here. The full set of VFR Germany costs 200 €. It was not bad years ago, but now with the sparse autogen, missing Prepar3d installer etc. it just can't compete with GEN.

And yes, the new price tag for all fat regions was announced months ago, just before the latest sale. I still think the fat regions are well worth the money.

Kind regards, Michael

I'm repeating myself here; the price is still very similar to the prices I had to pay when regions were still made available on DVDs:

I paid 40 EUR for a DVD here in Germany, including VAT, and shipping. Download prices at that time converted to about 33-34 EUR.

The current exchange rate suggests 37-38 EUR for what probably is one of the four most detailed FTX regions ever.

Regions still provide the best value for money of all ORBX products.   B)

23 minutes ago, Wolter van der Spoel said:

roughly converted the price is approx 36,80 Euro :rolleyes:

I've just bought it to prove you wrong, Wolter.   :P

37,53 EUR charged by PayPal after redeeming 125 FSS rewards points; would have been 38,40 EUR without those points.

Still feels like a steal.   :lol:

EDIT: A search engine is quoting 36.85 EUR, though.

EDIT II: PayPal adds 4% to the official rate - 1.48 EUR going to PayPal; neither to ORBX, nor to FSS ...   :wacko:

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.......I give...I give...I give.....I'll buy it.......I'll buy it.....I'll buy it.....Doug

(In hindsight, it's priced fairly...I'll just have to have a cheaper bottle of wine with dinner.......):lol:

Update:   OK, OK, OK.....I bought it.....I bought it.....I bought it.........

54 minutes ago, Triplane said:

OK, OK, OK, OK, OK.......I give...I give...I give.....I'll buy it.......I'll buy it.....I'll buy it.....Doug

(In hindsight, it's priced fairly...I'll just have to have a cheaper bottle of wine with dinner.......):lol:

:):D:)

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

Update:  Installed it.....and.....I like it....I like it.....I like it.......

Doug

3 hours ago, Triplane said:

2 hours ago, Triplane said:

Update:  Installed it.....and.....I like it....I like it.....I like it.......

Doug

:) Good on you to admit defeat...never easy for any person. Most importantly, you are now enjoying a wonderful Orbx scenery! :D

5 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

:) Good on you to admit defeat...never easy for any person. Most importantly, you are now enjoying a wonderful Orbx scenery! :D

It's not so much that I've admitted defeat. It's more like I've been beaten into submission :). But, I really like what I see with GEN. The guys have raised the bar again. It's simply outstanding...

Doug

Speaking of FSS Reward points, I understand the ORBX Direct will not be converting those over to their exclusive source on Nov. 1st.  I just used all my several hundred points with the North Germany Purchase as I doubt there will be few ORBX products forthcoming at the FSS with a month and a half before the big switch.

Aaah, now the installer runs. Have to think about a new SSD for flightimming - mine hosts only FSX and has now just 40 GB left of 250 GB :o

The ORBX folder alone has 140 GB - this is another measure of what quality increase we got since the fresh FSX installation in 2006, when all those yellowish destert textures et al took just about 15 GB.:D

But, maybe better I transfer the region packages to my 2 TB HDD and hardlink them at their original place in the FSX folder.

Archived