Blenheim over ... Blenheim!

Adam Banks

Outstanding Adam!  Outstanding.  I'm just now exploring the South Island but my shots never looks like yours.  I have all Orbx stuff, NI, SI, Global, Vector, Trees, and all graphics slider scull right and on and on but you're look terrific.  I think it's because you that PTA and HDR?  Anyway, need a little while since you posted some, would like to see some more.

16 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I think it's because you that PTA and HDR?

PTA (Prepar3D Tweak Assistant, for those that haven't heard of it) is a great tool and provides most of the "realistic" effects I really like. Unusually for me, these 3 pics were taken with HDR enabled. I don't always like it - but in this case it does seem to add a little atmosphere.

P3D lighting effects are superb - especially for terrain with loads of vegetation. NZNI/NZSI do a great job of placing the green stuff very convincingly. Of course, you pay the penalty for all these maxed out GFX settings - but I've always loved slide shows :lol:!

Adam.

21 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

PTA (Prepar3D Tweak Assistant, for those that haven't heard of it) is a great tool and provides most of the "realistic" effects I really like. Unusually for me, these 3 pics were taken with HDR enabled. I don't always like it - but in this case it does seem to add a little atmosphere.

P3D lighting effects are superb - especially for terrain with loads of vegetation. NZNI/NZSI do a great job of placing the green stuff very convincingly. Of course, you pay the penalty for all these maxed out GFX settings - but I've always loved slide shows :lol:!

Adam.

I see, well, New Zealand is a stunning country Adam, I was just flying the Staggerwing in the mountains and meandering through the valleys.

When I looked in the list of NZ airports I was astonished to see how many small ones there are.  It would take a long time to fly to all of them.  I'm flying to the ones on my real Jeppesen map and what's in the GTN and will have to go back to the list in the airport load screen for more.

Archived