ORBX Ship Simulator?

bernd1151

This of course is a joke, but I wanted to take the great photo of Julio with the “Bounty” in Nanaimo a step further. I hope Julio you allow me, that I have copied your original idea (admin, if you think that ships don’t belong in here, please move this post to any location you deem more appropriate).

The “Passat” you can see here in Nanaimo instead of Julio’s “Bounty” is a four-masted steel barque, launched in 1911. She was decommissioned in 1957 and is now anchored in Lübeck, Germany, where she serves as museum and youth hostel.

1.jpg

2.jpg

We slowly maneuver our way out to sea with a large ferry in the background

3.jpg

4.jpg

I have to admit that motoring along the coast of Vancouver Island with all the lights in the background was something special. You sit in the evening in front of your PC, have a glass of decent red in your hand and enjoy the scenery slowing moving by. In the background you hear the rumbling sound of a big, old, slow turning ship diesel. It seems that you have all the time in the world

5.jpg

6.jpg

Sun comes up and it’s time to set sails

7.jpg

8.jpg

The occasional visitor wants to take a closer look

9.jpg

10a551e.jpg

11.jpg

Next stop Valparaiso/Chile

Are you kidding me???  These are unbelievabley nice!  It not only shows off the ship but in the beginng shots the close up of the scenery which is incredible.  I HAVE to spend more time here.  That second one just makes me want to enter the picture, walk into the pub and have a beer and relax watching the ship and water craft traffic.  I think these are wonderful!

This is great Bernd,

Maybe the captain would like to take a little sail from Nanaimo across the Strait of Georgia, heading up Malaspina to Desolation Sound and Refuge Cove. He or she will be tempted to 'cut the corner' of Area WG on the aeronautical charts. (It's so tempting.)   Except that's not a good idea. It's a major torpedo test range in cooperation with the US Navy. The torpedoes are fired from underwater tubes on the Ballenas Islands.

A friend of ours did that once when the range was active and on Channel 16 they were told 'shut off the engine, turn off everything that makes a sound and don't say a word'. You are not even supposed to fly over the area when the range is active!

Thank you all very much for your kind comments. Much appreciated

10 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Second, I´d like to know where you found this plane... ;)

Gerold, the "Passat" and some similar "planes" you'll find here:

http://simviation.com/1/browse-Misc-58-6

4 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Maybe the captain would like to take a little sail from Nanaimo across the Strait of Georgia, heading up Malaspina to Desolation Sound and Refuge Cove. He or she will be tempted to 'cut the corner' of Area WG on the aeronautical charts. (It's so tempting.)   

Actually Larry, I was thinking of doing exactly that. But isn't she a bit too big to enter Refuge Cove? And thanks for the warning, when passing through that area I'll switch off the engine and shut up :)

Archived