The Illinois Food & Flight blog, part xx

Stillwater

Let´s move on northwards from Kankakee, crossing the big Warmart store just north of the airport (well, not present in our landclass product, but fully stocked in RL)...

2016-8-28_21-50K3HiltonWalmart.jpg

... and crossing the famous Homestead restaurant in Kankakee city. Famous it was, currently it is closed...

2016-8-28_21-51Homestead.jpg
2016-8-28_21-52rl.jpg

So we move just a little north to Bourbonnais, where we find a good place to refuel.

2016-8-28_21-54BrickstoneBrewery.jpg
2016-8-28_21-55rl.jpg

The serious pilot goes on to the suburb of Midlothian (do the also have a Heart of Midlothian here?), ...

2016-8-28_22-2Midlothian.jpg

... and towards Chicago CBD. Great views.

2016-8-28_22-3ChicagoCBD.jpg
2016-8-28_22-8-23-697.jpg
2016-8-28_22-9-49-697.jpg
2016-8-28_22-14-13-117.jpg

Getting down along Millenium Park...

2016-8-28_22-15MilleniumPark.jpg

... into Meigs. And, after cooling down, for a drink and a burger into town. 

2016-8-28_22-19Meigs.jpg

Indeed, we did have a burger there, just after seeing they serve tons of Sauerkraut, Bratwurst and even Grünkohl (before November - blasphemic!). What a surprise for the unprepared German traveller.

2016-8-28_22-20Berghoff.jpg

Thank you, @Iain Emms, @Republic DC-9 and @RichardLouis!

On 2.9.2016 at 9:08 PM, Voyager said:

A bunch of fantastic screenshots... and photo mixing!

Voyager

9 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Always love your mix of real and sim and your descriptions are terrific.

The Orbx world is big enough to have some photos matching the scenery... but now I have to change areas...

On 2.9.2016 at 10:18 PM, VH-KDK said:

Shots of Premier League quality Gerold, said from the Heart!

Sure you mean the Scottish Premier League, I just remember their name from the times they were regularly present in European Cup challenges.

On 2.9.2016 at 11:24 PM, RJ said:

Fantastic shots and great refueling stop. :D

... and I can recommend that place not only for liquid energy.

On 2.9.2016 at 11:56 PM, BradB said:

Just remember Gerold - 8 hours from bottle to throttle . :o:D:lol:

Cheers

John

Does this also apply if I only take glasses?

On 2.9.2016 at 11:56 PM, Ripcord said:

Gerold I beginning to think you have seen more of my home country than I have -- and I've seen quite a bit of it!

I am quite sure I do not play in that league, Mark.

It is such a pleasure that with open_LC we now have a good scenery package to revisit all the places in the US I have seen over years - and virtually we can do this within quite a short time.

20 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, @Iain Emms, @Republic DC-9 and @RichardLouis!

Sure you mean the Scottish Premier League, I just remember their name from the times they were regularly present in European Cup challenges.

Sadly the SPL has been a little too predictable for the last few years, your shots are far from that.

Great shots....I have KUGN as my home base, which is less than 20 miles from my real life home and where I took some basic flight training at Stick and Rudder. Sadly, could not get past medical, but anyway....btw, if you get a chance, please fly N along the Chicago North Shore suburbs. I have hunted for the Bahai Temple in Wilmette, just across from the Wilmette Harbor which is well depicted in the new NALC. but, the Baha'i is nowhere to be seen in the sim scenery, at least I could not find it..anyway, again a great set of shots.

Sherm

4 hours ago, shermank said:

Great shots....I have KUGN as my home base, which is less than 20 miles from my real life home and where I took some basic flight training at Stick and Rudder. Sadly, could not get past medical, but anyway....btw, if you get a chance, please fly N along the Chicago North Shore suburbs. I have hunted for the Bahai Temple in Wilmette, just across from the Wilmette Harbor which is well depicted in the new NALC. but, the Baha'i is nowhere to be seen in the sim scenery, at least I could not find it..anyway, again a great set of shots.

Sherm

Great suggestion Sherm, with Meigs being a good starting point for such a flight...

Archived