NZPP fix requested

Jon Clarke

Adam is this with the migration or had you been to this airport before migration, if so was it OK then? Trying to find out if it is migration related or the problem was always there? I know you fly NZ most of the time. I don't believe I had been to this airport before migration.

1 hour ago, jjaycee1 said:

Adam is this with the migration or had you been to this airport before migration, if so was it OK then? Trying to find out if it is migration related or the problem was always there? I know you fly NZ most of the time. I don't believe I had been to this airport before migration.

You may want to search the forum for this. I don't honestly remember seeing the problem before, but I do vaguely recall someone mentioning something similar a good while back.

Either way - it certainly is a problem now! ;)

Adam.

I was reluctant to even visit this location for fear of finding yet another area that's been compromised due to the migration.  Yep, I'm seeing the same problems.  I would have thought Ben's fix for the NZ texture morphing problems would have addressed this but apparently not.  So there is no misunderstanding, this is definitely migration related, at least in my case.

I'm using FSX.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115997-ftx-unified-lookup-messed-up-textures/?page=1

Acknowledged.  There were many other areas heading north from NZWN that were also afflicted but corrected with Ben's fix so I thought perhaps it may have applied to the entire island.   I may have stumbled onto something however:

12 minutes ago, fuzz1 said:

Acknowledged.  There were many other areas heading north from NZWN that were also afflicted but corrected with Ben's fix so I thought perhaps it may have applied to the entire island.   I may have stumbled onto something however:

Some files needed to be migrated, some did not.

At NZPP, I have the same concern with the textures of water and terrain that come and go one over the other :

(And I have re-run the FTX Central migration as advised by Ben in his message and install the fix for NZ.)

NZPP.jpg

I am having the same issues at NZPP (and other places).  I have re-run the FTX Central migration per the command line instructions.  I am unable to find Ben's fix for NZ.  Could someone point in the direction of what or where that is specifically?  Thanks and sorry for not finding it on my own, I tried.

hank

Nevermind, I found the fix. 

I'm sure we'll get there in the end, Ben! Just a shame so many things conspired to happen all at once. It's been a hectic week for you all, I'm sure! There've been a few pretty impatient users out there, but (as I don't have Global) I think I got off lightly - and have used the "down time" to fiddle with my P3D Tweak Assistant settings. I'm still a happy camper!

Adam.

The fix works great Ben, thanks yet again for your continued attention to these issues.

One thing that puzzles me.  This fix appears to install files into the target folder that were initially missing, not actually overwriting anything that previously existed.  So the two possibilities appear to be that either the migration code did not initially flag the relevant files for migration, or, for other unknown reasons the files were properly picked up but never made it to the migration target folder.    As such, would this not be a situation where every single Orbx NZNI customer should also see these problems with NZPP?  I can't quite wrap my head around why some people would have the missing files in question properly migrated, while others don't. 

Would appreciate any insights you could offer.

I installed the fix - many thanks to all concerned!! NZPP looks great now! I'll keep an eye out for any more "rogues"

As a matter of interest (and I don't think this hasd been covered in any "sticky" ... yet) ...

In the case of these "problem" areas (NZNI, for instance) ... what's the scenario if you reinstall tha area from a previously downloaded archive: up-to-date, but dated prior to migration? Would a re-install have included all these new files - or is it something missing in the migrator script?

Incidentally (wrong thread I know) there are still problems in NZSI (near Westport).

Adam.

20 minutes ago, capt sl said:

where abouts near Westport Adam? .  would like to check if I get it

I went to the airport and checked around the area there , couldn't see any

It's just a littkle SW of NZWS:

I'm wondering whether the LCLookup thread should be split into separate FTX areas ...

Adam.

17 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

For those with issues at NZPP (or NZNI in general), please try applying the hotfix attached to this post.

Let me know if that works for you all. Thanks to Eugene for the fix!

orbx_unified_lclookup_nzni_nzpp_fix.ZIP

Hi Ben,

I had no issue with the migration which went smooth and nice in my P3D v3.3 but I did notice some odd textures at NZPP when trying it out after seeing this topic thread. I tried the hotfix that replaces textures in FTX_NZNI_08_CUSTOM but this was apparently not a good idea. I see flickering textures land / water on the left hand side of runway 34 that only turns into proper LC when flying very near (see below image). I think I will hold on with further experiments until ORBX releases a general hotfix for this airport as this may not be a problem of the migration itself, I'm not sure.  Thanks for all the hard work put into the migration and FTX central, which is really great and causes no other problems for me.

Brian

NZPP odd textures.jpg

Archived