Duplicate dll.xml entries after FTX Central upgrade

GeorgeM

I deleted all the lines concerning Orbx which have been added in my dll.xml file since migration, whether or not duplicate.
Would you nevertheless my file ?

The added lines do not always concern the same airports, it's random.
Often a new line for the libraries is added.

3 minutes ago, Handie said:

I deleted all the lines concerning Orbx which have been added in my dll.xml file since migration, whether or not duplicate.
Would you nevertheless my file ?

The added lines do not always concern the same airports, it's random.
Often a new line for the libraries is added.

If you are still experiencing the issue where new entries are always added when you start FTX Central, please send your file :) 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Because they don't seem to make any difference and I run FTX Central more often

than most while trying to help customers with their problems.

Exactly, same here. So far it does not cause any problem, but as the dll.xml is a critical file withing FSX and you never know what happens next time when FTXC multiplies certain entries, a fix for this problem is highly appreciated.

It appears that every Orbx airport that still contains an "ObjectFlow_xxxx.dll" file in it's "scenery" directory will cause FTX Central to duplicate the entry in the "DLL.XML" file every time FTX Central is run. If you rename the DLL file to something else (I named them "Old_ObjectFlow_xxxX.old") and then remove those entries from the "DLL.XML" file, the entry duplication will stop.

Not sure what that does to PeopleFlow, etc. at those specific airports, but if you find something is amiss, you can always just rename the DLL file back to it's original name, and it will appear back in the "DLL.XML" file every time you run FTX Central (and so on, and so on, and so on...)

3 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Testing has begun of the latest FTX Central version and it

appears that this problem has been solved.

Thanks for the update Nick, but am I correct that in any case we have to remove the multiple entrries manually?

There is nothing to stress with duplicated entreies into dll.xml. This file is normally hidden by Windows. The only case to report anomaly is when the called dll makes an hang of FSX/P3D or/and a CTD

7 hours ago, MotoDave said:

I'm mildly curious why my DLL.xml is normal, without error.  In any case, I always check it and back it up after the latest whatever installation.

Most likely  is  that  your migration all went well on your pc

1 minute ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

Fixing the landclass issues was our top priority for the latest release of FTX Central, so the fix for this was not included.

The workaround from a few posts up will still work until a fix for this issue has been released:

Oh, my expectation was raised by Nick's response which stated that the FTXCentral update in beta had fixed it?  Happy with the fix however.

17 hours ago, pete_auau said:

Most likely  is  that  your migration all went well on your pc

My migration initially looked ok, but after checking hot spots that others reported, I found that I had just as many errors.  I just never had any DLL.XML errors or duplications.

8 hours ago, Ken Terry said:

I also seem to have lost the script that controls the PMDG HUD.

Recovery soon please.

Thanks

Ken...

Ken, I'm not sure if this will work or not but here is my PMDG dll.xml script for the HUD.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

Add it using notepad and save, it may fix it, I've done this before in the past with other scripts and other products to no ill effect. If it doesn't fix it just delete it.

Archived