Pago Pago or Tapini

gord96

Hello all! 

Looking for a 'large scale' ORBX airport package with lots of airports and bush strips. Seems like the best 2 are either Pago Pago or Tapini. Any suggestions which one to pick up? They both look awesome! :D

Thanks!

I would also recommend you look at AYPY as well.  It generally has more challenging strips than TAP (which is relative since TAP are more challenging than many out there... ), if that's your thing.  And there aren't open spaces of water to cross from one to the next.

Pago Pago is beautiful island hopping to varied prepared strips, whereas Tapini is challenging mountain flying to bush strips.  As Mickel says, AYPY is recommended too, which gives you Port Moresby's international airport as well as a bunch of mountain and regional strips, and Tapini is really an extension to the AYPY package with more mountain strips.

If it were me, I'd go for AYPY first, though really I'd say get all three as they're excellent :) I've still not managed to land at all the TAP strips yet...

1 hour ago, jabble said:

Pago Pago is beautiful island hopping to varied prepared strips, whereas Tapini is challenging mountain flying to bush strips.  As Mickel says, AYPY is recommended too, which gives you Port Moresby's international airport as well as a bunch of mountain and regional strips, and Tapini is really an extension to the AYPY package with more mountain strips.

If it were me, I'd go for AYPY first, though really I'd say get all three as they're excellent :) I've still not managed to land at all the TAP strips yet...

I second all what Jabble is saying, and would suggest to begin (!) with AYPY.

Basically all 3 packages are excellent, and we on this forum are all biased...

Mmmm... I have been there for the past 3 weeks, on TAP first because it was new and back to Pago Pago.

I can't tell you witch one. But been flying more on TAP. I think that there is a bit more detail on tap.

Here is a video that I did lately

Ben

I would like to fly the Papua New Guinea Orbx scenery packages and Pago Pago but I don't want to spend $100 on FTX Global scenery that I am not going to be using. Is FTX Global needed or is there some alternative so that I can fly the PNG packs without FTX global? Is FTX global also needed for Pago Pago? I have the Australian and New Zealand scenery packs already installed and am happy with those.

Thanks for any help

14 hours ago, gord96 said:

Thanks Ben. Good info. Also enjoyed your video! 

No problem but I made a mistake in my post, I meant AYPY and NOT Pago Pago. I thought you where asking between the 2 PNG package.

Pago is quite different compare to the 2 PNG mini region. PNG strip are more crazy and challenging. Pago is more tropical and in a way more beautiful to fly over.... anyway something like that. Very different. Both are a must have and are worth the actual price 2 time (IMHO).

To Glider1001, I bought Global because ORBX is making more and more mini region for it, I think that the upcoming Nice will be one of them. 

Consider that those mini region are giving you (IMHO) a lot more then a single airport for the same price... sometime.. so investing in Global is a must in my opinion.

Take the late Telluride, it's BIG, and Beautiful. A lot of work went into it.

I would bet that most of those Global airport and mini region sell good.

Ben

Kind of depends on whether you want to fly over water or land. The PNG package out of Port Moresby has great mountain scenery. Add the Tapini package and you have a truly spectacular variety of mountain air strips and scenery. The Pago Pago package has great island scenery and really well-developed air strips, but these are islands so there is a lot of water out there. Just as in real life, flights between islands can get a little tiring as mile after mile of water slides by. I like the PNG? Tapini set a lot because there is so much to explore. But I also like the Pago Pago package a lot too--these are South Sea islands, after all. What's not to like?

Archived