Dr Jeckyll's only hurrah

VH-KDK

Last night I finally got the DC-10 into the air for a 15 minute before bed time.

Beautiful inside and out I was very happy with it.

Today even bigger problems so it has been consigned to the darkest, remotest corner of my hangar, an expensive white elephant for me.

I shall try again in the future.

Good luck to all of you who have managed to get this plane working.

1.DC1A.jpg

2.DC2.jpg

3.DC3.jpg

4.DC4.jpg

5.DC1.jpg

Many thanks to those of you who have come up with suggestions to try and get this plane into the air on a regular interval.

One quick suggestion - I noticed here and in the other set that you are using the Northwest livery...

Have you given - for example - the FedEd Cargo version a trial? Or any of the other versions of the plane? There might just be something buggy with the 10-30 model. So far I only used the 10-10 and 10-10F myself.

Cheers

Mallard

PS - nice pics :)

PPS - sorry - I just saw in your overstressed post that you did indeed try the Cargo versions. But was it the 10-10F or the 10-40F?

Sorry to hear of your troubles their is nothing worse than getting an aircraft and then finding you have nothing but trouble with it I have done this many times over the years, But a nice set of shots these.

cheers

Iain

Thank Iain. These thing happen, adds to the fun of FS.

At least you have tried everything you could before filling the dark corner of your hangar...

Thanks Gerold. Strange how it worked once but now different problems.

Anyway you get great shots from Pago Pago with this creature! LoL

Voyager

Cheers Voyager. Started off without ASN to try and have the fewest programmes running but it ran well when I turned ASN on soon into the flight.

One quick suggestion - I noticed here and in the other set that you are using the Northwest livery...

Have you given - for example - the FedEd Cargo version a trial? Or any of the other versions of the plane? There might just be something buggy with the 10-30 model. So far I only used the 10-10 and 10-10F myself.

Cheers

Mallard

PS - nice pics :)

PPS - sorry - I just saw in your overstressed post that you did indeed try the Cargo versions. But was it the 10-10F or the 10-40F?

Thanks for the suggestion Mallard. Tried the Gemeni DC-10-30F, Continental DC-10-30 and the white DC-10-40. These three really buggared thing up resulting in an Appcrash.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions folks.

Nice shots Martyn. Sorry the plane turned into a brick, looks nice.

Don

Thanks Don. It is nice when it works.

Sorry about your troubles Martyn , maybe it's time for a nightcap :

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqZ0yFqY04

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Brad. Nice clip too, I wondered what happened to Donny Osmond. :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :wacko:  

Rise and fall of power, sorry buddy!

That's life Sammy, you win some , lose some.

Up for another nice trip Martyn,  lovely shots!

Thank you Dolf, that's as good as it got.

In P3Dv2, I found this aircraft to be a total framerate killer - and plagued by constant OOM's. Wasn't too bad in FSX.

Adam.

You too Adam. Funny, it  never said that on the advertising blurb >:(

Beautiful shots Martyn!

Cheers Karsten.

Oh well, that was it. Bottom line don't buy this one for P3D.

Many thanks for your comments folks.

Archived