Sitka, Wrangell, and some examples of "The Gap"...

As requested by Dominique,

I just happen to be doing my testing within "The Gap"... That famed area inbetween SAK and PFJ full regions, so here are some examples. First, some shots of Wrangell and Sitka:

e6ff12b7c8a80eafdde7c69e61a58b6a.jpg

36a1f77c6eac1c1b3b747ecf06ba55d2.jpg

8f1efd96db45be8100f6a3a504e08a9d.jpg

9ce1bb5f0a28781563724f561da6cbf3.jpg

d9b9d5a0c402ce185c3713b3148d8173.jpg

Next, here are some shots from "The Gap":

de712bafb5bc5865296b1e433a7415cb.jpg

d50c6b9cd5cbe483fb5406b5d65636b9.jpg

368198999ee2d62e1a74a23f985f93a0.jpg

c4d4fb1c9f1f39676a09cd167e6342b5.jpg

1097dabd8e933852ce7434b88625ba2e.jpg

And finally, the view from FL420 through the seasons, for all you tube fliers out there...

524036ae878b318d7a84be15f2a22247.jpg

eb3b0bcc79a7cf881b31cb8432a4871b.jpg

abff1547949674e691cc6262a6c91434.jpg

77cf938933fdd0f8d638dc2ff6b7da1e.jpg

How well will this work with Tongass X ?

Martin

If you have Tongass X, it is as if you have an existing full region for that area.

As such, it will essentially "override" the Landclass provided by OpenLC with it's own custom landclass. In other words, you wont see any improvement to Tongass X when installing OpenLC NA

Finally I will be able to fly over "the Gap". Up until now I've refused to, which is a bit sad since it's such a stunning area in the real world. With OpenLC NA Alaska/Canada it will be stunning in the sim as well. :)

Hi Rep,

Only an information.

Tongass X is not only landclass. Certain airports or airstrips (many actually) has an improved treatment. 

Take the case of Sitka, I think Dominique asked these screenshots in hopes of seeing better Sitka (tidy). But Rob did what is relevant to him, shows the landclass. 

The airport and Sitka's marinas, I think, haven't been fixed. With Tongass X all this (and others) is very beautiful. 

I'm not do propaganda, I resist as I could to get Tongass X, but in the end I realize that this area wouldn't be touched by Orbx: now, fortunately, we have the landclass! LoL

No ofense, Sitka's marinas today with Tongass X:

2015-8-6_11-4-53-704SitkaTongass.jpg

Cheers,
Voyager

As Tongass Fjords owner I can say that OpenLC NA hills surrounding to Sitka looks better for me. There will be dilemma. Use Tongass or OpenLC... for flight over "gap" I will choose to deactivate Tongass Fjords, for flights from/to gap I will use "gap scenery" :)

As Tongass Fjords owner I can say that OpenLC NA hills surrounding to Sitka looks better for me. There will be dilemma. Use Tongass or OpenLC... for flight over "gap" I will choose to deactivate Tongass Fjords, for flights from/to gap I will use "gap scenery" :)

As a TongassX  non owner, the ground in Sitka itself looks more natural (as far as I can tell) in NAN than in Voyager's pic where it is rather whitish like in a overexposed photo. 

Is there no chance that ORBX would eventually "fully integrate" Tongass Fjords X, possibly as a new FTX Explorer Region, to fill the gap, provide full integration with FTX Central, full P3D2.5 compatibility and become an instant bestseller? I would love if this could happen at some point. For now the new LC looks great to jump through the region but the best of both worlds would surely be my preference. ::)

I

If you have Tongass X, it is as if you have an existing full region for that area.

As such, it will essentially "override" the Landclass provided by OpenLC with it's own custom landclass. In other words, you wont see any improvement to Tongass X when installing OpenLC NA

Rob,  a question about the marinas. I 've quite a lot of piers and leisure boats in my default Sitka (no TX, no addon at all but Global and Vector) which are partially messed up by Vector (I suppose, in red).

I do not see any in your pic. Has NAN deleted them (hope not !) or have you lowered your scenery complexity slider. 

PASI.jpg

Great thanks!

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

Tongass X is my 'church', I go there in FSX/P3D to get spiritual help and I get it. ;) However, it will be even more fantastic now there's coverage directly to the east of the TFX region, specifically The Northern Rocky Mountain's which currently has no LC coverage.

Archived