OLC NA North - more comparison shots

I made some more comparison shots beginning with Niagara falls area.

This is a very interesting area to make comparisons because we are at the border between Open Landcalss and Global

The new textures are really impressive on this shot. Note the streets alignments on the left and the amount of trees much more realistic than with global on the right. 

tpZVeoxU7NwuegM55c1da9b89416.jpg

Same shot with real world comparison

gp7LVkIaXYn0Adi55c1daae75d53.jpg

Niagara
Ug8osBAmwycPM1X55c1dabec3758.jpg

V4ulhnXiwQuMR5k55c1dacb8f033.jpg

7n3ST6zEOWPBmpv55c1dad510325.jpg

Another comparison:  no need to show the boundary between OLC and Global, it's clearly visible

NEnWkrO4p6q2bpO55c1dafe029bc.jpg

A few hundred mile to the west, we find Winnipeg, Canada
aboQO3SmnYLPzr255c1db1c217db.jpg

Note here the new textures underplaying the large railroad area. No more town crops without autogen between the rails. We made the same with highways crossings.
6rW28cpMfkCtatL55c1db2e2d598.jpg

Winnipeg by day
RzBd1iUE2nNt6OE55c1db3ce4a9d.jpg

and by night
r5mTV5rQZqWtX6U55c1db497cfc2.jpg

Good shots and very useful comparsions. I'm happy to see that Orbx turned the cities up north into cities like they're supposed to look. The old landclass made had way too many trees in those cities, it's good to see that they've fixed that issue.

Thanks Sylvain!

Thanks for your purchase Marvic.

Here is a shot of your home airport to say thank you. See how the airfield blends nicely in the landscape.

k2TuQRmJzcit5av55c1fcf92b30a.jpg

Thanks so much Sylvain.  Finally it looks like Steinbach. Merci.

Born, raised and living in Winnipeg, I am very impressed with the way Winnipeg looks with OpenLC.  Very accurate and looks like all bridges, all the main rail yards, and even where I play golf out is of depicted very well and located exactly where they should be.  If I were to be picky, the only thing I can see missing is that Center Port is not depicted at all in Open LC which is provincial HWY 190.  It is located Northwest of the airport.  It's a fairly new road so no big deal.  Keep up the great work!!!

Sean C

Archived