An Islander for Samoa

After purchasing ORBX's newest release today in the morning, I had to find out that there are no Samoan repaints available for the great Flight1 Islander. Therefore I fired up Paint Shop and quickly painted a nice Samoa Air livery for the BN-2. It is 100% handpainted and the best I could do with the limited photo material available online.

compress_00067wk53.jpg

compress_00057vjgn.jpg

compress_000412kds.jpg

Should be available on the Avsim library in the next few hours, filename is Flight1_Islander_SamoaAir.zip

Hope you like it!

Cheers,

Sebastian

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I appreciate it! :)

Tim, unfortunately I don't have a Cessna in my aircraft collection yet, but I might do a Polynesian Airlines repaint for the Islander or maybe even a fictional one for the PMDG Jetstream.

Also let me add: Thanks for this great Experience! I really love the scenery! :)

Thanks for the comments everybody! :)

Glad you like it, Ken! Especially the tail was a bit of a pain, as there were no good photographs of it on the internet, so I had to handpaint the logo.

And let me also thank you for this great scenery, benn flying there the whole afternoon and I'm still finding new details all around! :)

I'll take them all!!! Many thanks for the Islander repaint. We already have Twin Otter's covered. So I am thinking: alabeo Cessna 404, RealAir Duke, and why not A2A 182. I would love to be part of the repainting swat team, but that's just up my sleeve....

Great Job, Der Flieger! Impressive!

I would love to have the BN 2 also in the colours of Polynesian Airlines, that you mentioned, so if you happen to have the time... ;D

http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/Airlines-Oceanic/Polynesian-Airlines/i-KjDmzJr/0/L/Polynesian%20BN-2A%205W-FAV%20%2800%29%28Grd%29%20APW%20%28CL%29%2846%29-L.jpg

http://hawkseye.bravepages.com/samoa/fgi/5w-fav.jpg

Archived