Downloaded, installed, and have flown; NSTU Pago Pago...and....well...

Orbx Flyer

...just have to say it;

If it were not for the ORBX umbrella group, which formed out of the equally impressive John V's initial Oz, and have been repeatedly responsible for publishing simply stellar, and raise-the-bar-over-stellar, scenery software for the flight simulation enthusiast, I probably would have moved on (been doing this since the late 1980's in one form or another...) to other projects of recreational and instructional venues, long ago.

It was/is ORBX that keeps my flight simulation interest sharply keen...and probably will until they carry me out the door.

Yep...calling it, what it is....in my flight simulation 'world'...ORBX (and umbrella), is the premiere, and prime residency, within FSX and P3D.  Hand's down...

Pago Pago (NSTU)

"....beautiful....simply....for the island-loving flight hopper, like myself....simply....beautiful. Congrats to the Dev's...."

John V...you have one HELL of a talented base of scenery architects and artists....congrats for putting together, and umbrella-managing such a talented team, named ORBX/FTX. Simply congrats!

PNW User

Very nice.  Who's Cessna is that?

C.

It's the Carenado Cessna 206 Float in the Amphibian format.  If you buy the Cessna 206 II,  I believe that you get all wheeled, pontoon, and amphib versions for the one price. It has been so long...but I believe myself to be correct.

The best island hopping amphibian around...

It will get you there at 130 knots...if you are in a hurry...and float you right down to the water, or hard-to-land, island landing strip jewels...

Meet the ICON A5:   It will truly land you anywhere you want in the Samoan Experience package!

Search it out on the Net...as it's freeware!

Here's a tease... :)

------------------------------------------------------------------

plane2.png

plane1.png

plane3.png

plane4.png

plane6.png

Great shots and I definitely think this is one of there best sceneries to date - Absolutely love it :)

Cheers,

Craig

I think so, too!  I am finding that ICON A5...is a real beaut, for those tight, against-the-mountain-side landing strips.  It's a blast to fly...very nimble handling, and you can take her down to almost 40-45 knots before stall.  I totally forgot that I had this...and then yesterday, was doing a collection inventory of all my float/amphibs, and there is was in the line up.   This plane is probably all that I could ever afford in real life, to pony up the coin....and even then...I probably doubt it, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful shots!  I'm tempted to get this one.  But, I tend to take short hop flights when I have an hour or so.  This is large area, correct?  Do you know how far apart the included airports are?  Thanks, Rick

Just installed Pago Pago and about to do some exploring! I love the bush flying and island hopping. PNG is my favourite at the moment, I just love the challenge of the small airstrips in the highlands. Here are a few screens of the trip I just done from Emo Mission, Kokoda and then on to POM. (Port Moresby) :)

2n19pvc.jpg

Ready to say "seeya" to the kids at Emo Mission.

209nhb7.jpg

Collecting the tourists from Kokoda.

2jxr84.jpg

Might need a tractor with a slasher up here soon!

20gdyra.jpg

Letting down from the Owen Stanley Ranges.

21prwj.jpg

Setting up the approach into Port Moresby.

2j4uavn.jpg

Final approach into Jacksons Int. (AYPY) RWY 32R.

25ztkrn.jpg

Back home again...and now onto the Royal Papua Yacht Club to do what we do best! O0

I guess I'll have to take a look at PNG now. I never thought I'd be interested, but I'm finding the Samoas to be my favorite place to fly lately. Lovely scenery and short flights in an immersive self-contained environment. I feel as if I really am isolated from the larger world and having my own little island experience. I think this "experience" thing is a good idea.

Great screenshots and totally accurate praise for the Pago Pago package. I've just finished flying back and forth among the seven spots and enjoyed the experience immensely. Too much so...now I'm headed from Pago Pago to Fiji and thereafteron west across the whole region. Darn you, Ken and Tim, for hooking me on island-hopping!

I keep going over the island of American Samoa and I keep finding new things. There are tons of tiny things just here there and everywhere.

and the colorful huts add a great deal. Today I found one lone palm tree on a well designed rock.

Some truly wonderful screenshots here and that ICON is an interesting looking aircraft.

great shots fellas and thanks for the kind words, Tim and I love this stuff and have many more experiences planned.

cheers

Ken

Just letting you into a secret, there are a few of us that like this stuff too that you and Tim are producing :lol: .

I for one can hardly wait for the next of your sceneries to come out.

How much will I be missing if I get PNG before getting global?  I've read a couple of posts by you Tim in a couple of threads saying some autogen will be missing, and some texture calls.  Will it look very different from the videos you've got posted on the FTX webpage for the scenery?  

(I'm cursing myself for not getting Global in the last sale...I got a bunch of airports instead....had it in my cart, though, for a while....)

FTXGlobal is keeper, I simply wont use FSX/P3D without it, but thats my own opinion and I am of course supplied with a free copy

PNG and Samoa Experiences:

- The official line is: they are FTXGlobal airports and are tailored around a user having FTXGlobal, this is for photoreal coloring purposes as we dont color match our photoreal sections to the washed out default FSX palette 

- The unofficial line is: they work OK-ish without anything else installed, but if you have FTX Australia for instance and use the PNG/Samoa Experience packs in [Oceania] mode its not much different to [Global] mode, (FTXGlobal uses a lot of the FTXAustralia ground tiles for the pacific), just make sure you have the latest Orbxlibs and have applied a region afterwards, you should then have the correct autogen entries

On another note I have to actually remove FTXGlobal to test a project I'm working on atm, and I'm not looking forward to how it (FSX) used to look...

Thanks, Tim. I fly Samoa with Oceania active. I think Western Samoa looks pretty decent (way, way better than default) and American Samoa looks gorgeous!

I have pretty much all Orbx regions and most airports. I guess I'm an Orbx region and airport snob. I prefer the most detailed packages. I always thought of Global as a package for those new to Orbx to get something way better than default. But since I have so much of the world in full Orbx glory, I have been thinking I'll never fly anywhere other than those regions.

Then you guys start doing these very interesting "experiences"...

:-)

I'll get PNG and see what it looks like.

Thanks again for the Samoas. They are truly beautiful and an "experience" indeed.

Archived