Australia SP4....what is your user opinion?

Orbx Flyer

Before the sale runs out...I was wondering about this product.

But...the fact that it still hasn't been ported over to P3D v2.x is the one downside for purchase. This is where I'd like to predominately, use this package....

Anyway...after you, the user,  having flown the land-mass down-under...are the visuals worth the cost in FSX?

Thanks for any user opinions...

PNW 

Its Excellent, been busy formatting and installing after a new PC Build here and going to FlightSim Store to download all my ORBX purchases again to make sure they are up to date, the wonderful new FTX Central 2 should let you know if something is out of date though.

Although I dont do P3Dv2 I'm pretty sure it gives a triple installer now for latest download as with NZ North and South.

If you go to Flightsim Store and look up the product description it should say what sims it covers.

I think Australia was one of ORBX's first ventures and with Australia an all in one package now latest version is a no brainer, treat yourself while sale is still on.

EDIT: sale runs out today, Flightsim store is based in Australia or NZ I think, so if the sale ends their time, you'll need to be quick :)  Might grab one more airport myself.

If anything, buy it. You literally get a whole entire continent, that by itself is worth it. Throw in the OZx fields and you are seriously getting enough to last you months. 

The visuals are great, and even though AUS is ORBX's first region, you can expect quality that I'd still consider far greater than FTX Global, which by itself with Base, Vector, and LC is amazing. My favorite part about AUS is how you can go from flying over a crowded city like Canberra to jungles, and then to the Outback, which looks incredibly awesome!

If you have the money, buy it! It will not disappoint!

Hi PNW

I can definitely recommend Australia SP4, and it does have an installer for P3Dv2- see: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/australia.

My personal favourite airport is CYNK - Cessnock. In fact that whole area of NSW is great to fly around and barely scratches the surface of what Australia SP4 has to offer.

Buy it, you won't regret it - especially with 37% off!

Cheers

Colin

EDIT: sale runs out today, Flightsim store is based in Australia or NZ I think, so if the sale ends their time, you'll need to be quick :)  Might grab one more airport myself.

Yup, just over two hours left by my watch. All of the sale stuff on the Orbx website will turn itself off at midnight tonight - get in quick! :)

1/ It has been ported over to P3DV2.X, you 're misinformed

2/ It is a great scenery, in my opinion, I like it a lot but none of the airports have been upgraded so you need to get some of the OrbX payware or freeware airports and/or the wonderful five freeware packages from OzX (hundreds of airports)

Not only buy AUSP4 but all the other Aussie airports as well . Throw in all the freeware scenery from OZX and you can spend the rest of your day's just exploring the great country of Australia . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

Australia SP4 is P3D enabled, as are all payware airports except for Canberra, Brisbane, Alice Springs and Tamworth.

All freeware airports and the mesh are also P3D enabled.

AU Sp4 is a huge bang for the buck, so go for it.

Thank you very much guys, for all your opinions. They were what has me ready to fly the skies of Aussie Land.

I am downloading right now...but the store page, still has it only showing as FSX and P3D v1.x  Maybe I read it wrong..so you can load it into P3D v2.x?  Wonderful!  Makes it all the more a good deal...

Thanks again, for all your positive comments...and am looking very forward to some flights...being that I am not familiar with Australia at all. I guess that makes for more exploratory fun...

Soon the signature is going to have this added as well....

Cheers!

PNW

Not only buy AUSP4 but all the other Aussie airports as well . Throw in all the freeware scenery from OZX and you can spend the rest of your day's just exploring the great country of Australia . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

So...the OZX scenery plays nice with Aussie SP4?  Very..cool!  I will do that....search them out...

Wow..their servers are getting hammered right now....

my download time just climbed to over 2 hours for a 4.4 GB download!

Perhaps, everybody is jumping on  SP4 as well, lol

PNW

As the others have said, it's amazing!!

Just finished of the Aus. And NZ collection along with the Ozx and Ants airports, well worth it imho!

Am downloading it right now...and all your opinions on this thread, influenced me to drop the hammer...

Cheers!

Glad we could help and you managed to make it before closing time.  ::)

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Man..Jack...barely, it seems...I just doubled clicked on the now finished,  zip file..and will install in both FSX and P3D 2.x

Pretty pumped about this...looking forward to a whole rainy Sunday afternoon of flying above the Land of Foster's Lager! :)

Cheers, and thanks for your input.

Man..Jack...barely, it seems...I just doubled clicked on the now finished,  zip file..and will install in both FSX and P3D 2.x

Pretty pumped about this...looking forward to a whole rainy Sunday afternoon of flying above the Land of Foster's Lager! :)

Cheers, and thanks for your input.

Make Broome International the first airport you buy, trust me, it's my favorite ORBX airport of all time. Hope you enjoy Australia!

Make Broome International the first airport you buy, trust me, it's my favorite ORBX airport of all time. Hope you enjoy Australia!

Sorry, I am sure that Broome, being  one of Jarrad's, is wonderful but the aiport is out in nowhereland : no airport near and a mildly boring landscape around for thousands of km . If one doesn't fly tube, it is not a good first choice    ;) ! 

Just took my first flight over the land of Foster's...the word is:

WOW!

Now...THAT was a good decision to get in on this...as the door to the May sale barn was closing!

WOW......months and years of flying----------------------------------->here!

PNW

PNW user,

You are in for the treat of your life. Good luck. Sorry to say but installing that scenery will make deep holes in you wallet!!!! I know, I have ALL released ORBX sceneries.  ::)

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Oh good...the wife will want to read this over my shoulder, Jack...LOL.   I haven't purchased (obvious reason until today) any airports for the Land of the White Pointer (Great White)...but I know that that will be happening.  Like I'm going to populate North America...but leave Australia barren?....NOT!   John V. has to rubbing his hands in glee..."..hey guys (said to the ORBX dev's)...we have another Australian ORBX virgin taking his first flight......and you know what THAT means...............>cha-ching!"

I'll go to the FSS store and check out its blurb on Broome.  Thanks for the tip!  Had my first flight...Great Barrier Reef...wow....the flight made my last minute sale decision, seriously..a no-brainer!

"Well..here is my initial mini-review of flying in Australia, as compared to North  America.

The visual experience is nothing aligned to flying in North America. In other words, you are not duplicating the flight sim experience, by buying and installing Australia SP4.  There is a definitely, sub-tropic feel to the topography, the colorization of the terrain...it is a truly premium, lush, warm ORBX class,visual experience. Do I recommend to others that live in North America like myself, to purchase this entire continent. I absolutely do...for again, you are not duplicating the expected experience.  I am definitely going to enjoy discovering for the first time, the ORBX jewels of this continent...and as one user pointed out to me..(and I went and took a look at it..) YBRM will be on my next to-buy list, as soon as a sale equaling 37 % off, or better...rolls around once more.  I recommend, at that time...that anybody that has not yet placed the Australian Continent on their hard drive...and who does NOT live in that part of the world (so would be inclined naturally to do so), to seriously give this ORBX product some thought, to purchase and download.  Ok...off to explore!"

PNW

There is a definitely, sub-tropic feel to the topography, the colorization of the terrain...it is a truly premium, lush, warm ORBX class,visual experience. Do I recommend to others that live in North America like myself, to purchase this entire continent. I absolutely do...

PNW

Ah, I know what you are experiencing right now, I remember quite well when I first flew in the ORBX'ed Australia. It's amazing :)

I've seen the other users' hints for further free OZX and RTMM enhancements.

One thing I'd like to add:

ORBX has got many very good freeware airports for Australia too. Make shure to get them, they are great starting points to explore this incredibly interesting country:

https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware

Hi,

Iam a bit confused about Ozx installation procedure. Do i have to install Ant's sceneries before installing Ozx v3 series ? Where are the Ant's sceneries ? Can't find those on Ozx web site...

Thanks !

Hi Mike

. Do i have to install Ant's sceneries before installing Ozx v3 series ? No you don't, the OzX packages wil create their own folder like OrbX sceneries do. Ant's sceneries will go to Addon scenery.  

Where are the Ant's sceneries  ... Search in 3rd Party Downloads

Welcome to Downunder PNW don't forget to check out the bikini babes on the GoldCoast LOL. And make one of your early flights to the Red Centre - Ayers Rock , Alice Springs, an amazing sight.

Don

Thanks Don...will take on your tips!   So...Ayer's Rock is rendered?  Cool!  Know about it, through National Geographic! :)  I have never been a tourist, to Australia, as of yet...   Flying in simulation, can be a precursor...lol.

Cheers!

Vector....all four (4) entries in the Scenery Library must be un-checked!

The VECTOR product totally messes up the Australia SP4 product, by placing elements where they should not be...causing tile mismatches...

I took off just now from YLIL, and headed out over the town. I saw a few roads, here and there...and then in the middle of a beautiful sprawling town...was this golf course...mismatched.  I then went into my Scenery Library and un-checked all four (4) VECTOR entries...pressed OK...and what a difference to the scenery. The town completely changed...and there was a golf course, not placed by vector, but was there by AUSSIE Sp4 that was even better, and fit in, perfectly. 

So...the bottom line to users...is, if you are flying anywhere over AUSSIE SP4...turn off all four entries. Not sure if this is required for New Zealand...but for sure...for Australia!

P.S.  "Oh...and Australia SP4 is a gorgeous product!  It looks nothing like anything you fly over in North America...is totally unique on its own.  Just beautiful...and I'm going to spend some time over this continent, for sure.  Like I said, it has a 'lush' sub-tropic feel to the flights...and that is so cool, to view!  Back to YLIL, and on towards the coast....so cool!"

PNW

Well..I'm sort of blogging...

Another observation...

I was having problems correctly getting YMUI Murray Island to display without my being in a crater. I got that resolved...but whilst doing that, a user suggested that I might need Holger's Australian Mesh as part of the rendering solution. 

I already had Pilot's Mesh Global 2010 installed, but was willing to try anything, so downloaded the freeware Holger's Mesh for Australia and fired up P3D. I then ticked off Oceania in the Pilot's Scenery Library listing, as Holgers Mesh was higher in the FSX section of my Scenery Library and would be the mesh product P3D would first find and use.

Well...as I was flying around some lake lands near and about YLIL...I saw a lake with a high cliff, that well...wasn't too well defined, truthfully.  Hmmm..I thought...let me see what shutting off Holger's Mesh did...and allow Pilot's to now supply the mesh underlay, that I was used to visually enjoying world-wide.

Wow...what a difference, P3D rebuilt the graphics..and low and behold, what was once a single large cliff...now had many, many details and elevations to it..as well as the rest of the shoreline around the lake.  So...my suggestion, is that if you have Holger's Mesh installed (and thank you Holger for giving this free solution...for many are using it!), I would  most strongly suggest that you disable it, for then to use your Pilot's Global Mesh 2010 product to supply the mesh underlay. If you (Jeff...) don't have Pilot's Global Mesh 2010 (the one compatible for use with ORBX/FTX)...you should think about purchasing, and installing. You will see much more detail in your Aussie flying!   Blog over...back to the flight.... 

Wow..ok...seriously folks..now I know just how good a product Pilot's Global Mesh 2010 (for ORBX) is...

If you run Australia SP4 without it...(even with freeware mesh)...I'll call it for a baseline...as:

Australia SP4 'Standard'

If you give this product, the task of mountains, hills, valleys, lowlands, rolling hills and terrain, lake shores, ocean shores...and on and on...

Then now...you will have ORBX Australia SP4 'Deluxe Edition'.

It is that stark, the difference in 'feel/rendering' of AUS SP4...it is brought to life.

For instance, in an area that under freeware mesh, I had predominately mostly flat, to a slight rise in the terrain around an inhabited area just outside YLIL...after engaging Pilot's once again...low and behold..I had rolling hills...where there was a lake...it had a sense of depth, and dimension...as it rested lower nestled by rising elevations of shoreline.

I highly recommend you pick up Pilot's Global Mesh 2010, if you love flying over Australia.  It is a game changer. I now truly understand, how critical are all elements that go into the final rendering of what you see in your fly over.  It looks like a new product, (deluxe) since I have re-enabled Pilots as the mesh driver...

Would you post a pic showing lat & long because I have Vector selected & & have no problems at all.

Is this what you can see of Lilydale, if not something is screwed in your library

et8SM8.jpg

Nope..nothing is screwed in my setup. I had a Vector tile of a golf course squared where you could see plainly there should not have. There is a thread on this site that a user shows many such examples of Vector messing with  AUS SP4...and Holger himself, commented on that thread..and stated they are totally aware of it...and he suggests you turn off Vector whilst using AUS SP4.  Check that thread out...with pictures and many examples of what Vector is doing, if active.  I will post a pic when I get back to the area that I saw the obvious Vector golf course tile being overlain on top of what was there, hard-baked into AUS SP4.  If not today, later..but I shall.  Again...there is a pretty good thread already in play about AUS/Vector anomalies. I also suggest you PM Holger directly, as he can also give you more information regarding Vector as active, in conjunction with running Australia SP4.  

Ok..around the area..here's an example. In his pictures, just like yours...inhabited areas were chunk..and squared off, like tiles...while my picture without any Vector play...is blended out to the rural lines...I have no square-looking towns tiles such as you are displaying. In this guy's pics..he also had tiles that seemed to be mismatched....  Look particularly at the field/house-property lines of your example..and then look at mine...as there is a sweeping variance to where farm field touches urban property. Of course, you have some sweeping property-to-fields examples in your pic...but I have none of your square inhabited sections to be seen in my flights. Again...check out the thread that Holger put me onto...as ORBX knowing and acknowledging...there is a Vector/AUS SP4 incompatibility issue. They just haven't posted a sticky..and banged a drum to let others generally know about it.

blended.png

test.png

Cheers!

PNW

Thanks.......unable to check like for like as no Lat and Long info, would like to do a direct comparison. So if it's not to much of a problem would you provide the L and L, curious to see the difference but don't worry if you cannot

Thanks.......unable to check like for like as no Lat and Long info, would like to do a direct comparison. So if it's not to much of a problem would you provide the L and L, curious to see the difference but don't worry if you cannot

No problem...what I'll do...is fly out in the general direction and look to see where I was..and match as close I can, if not exactly. Would be happy to do that for ya!  I am finding (as a Aussie SP4 Virgin)...that this product is quite sophisticated...I am so enjoying gawking at the detail..that I have the flight set on a what-ever path...at 3,500 ft...and am just enjoying the straight line, diversified changes...as you go.  Very happy with this purchase...man..a whole continent, for the price of what was two sale price airports. What a dummy I was for seeing this in the line-up...and clicking it by. Glad that I had a second look...but about only five minutes before they took down the sale....LOL!

Here's where I am....and so enjoying what's below me...

beautiful.png

Archived