Australia SP4....what is your user opinion?

Orbx Flyer

Thanks for that........interesting comparison. My fsx pics fro the same locations  [Global 2010 mesh & Holger's mesh both activated]

cCsJiT.jpgtXohHW.jpg

HiBruce

..you probably see no difference...because you can not have both activated at the same time.  Being that Holger's is higher...that is the only mesh that will load out.  Go into your Scenery Libarary, and uncheck Holger's mesh...then check Oceania in the Pilot's lineup. Then you should see a most notable difference in the rolling hills, elevation etc.

Also..here is the exact spot where, when I had Vector turned on...a vector golf course plopped down upon the burned in (which is much nicer!)  Aussie SP4 golf course, you see in this pic.  Also, again, I have no squared off, looking urban inhabitation tiles rendered. Everything is softly done. I will always have Vector unchecked for Aussie flying.  Here's the pic:

golf.png

Interesting---exact same spot with Vector "ON" (using FSX)

41R8bF.jpg

and same spot with Vector "OFF" (using FSX)  

V2amdl.jpg

we seem to be having opposite effects re ON/OFF

Just a thought, have you repositioned the Vector entries in the Library?

Cannot imagine it is just a P3D thing. Anyway enjoy Oz!

Interesting---exact same spot with Vector "ON" (using FSX)

41R8bF.jpg

and same spot with Vector "OFF" (using FSX)  

V2amdl.jpg

we seem to be having opposite effects re ON/OFF

Just a thought, have you repositioned the Vector entries in the Library?

Cannot imagine it is just a P3D thing. Anyway enjoy Oz!

Hi Bruce, actually, we show the same thing...with Vector off, the SP4 golf course shows up properly...with it (Vector)as on...anomalies.  Yours shows as no golf course with it on, and mine had one of the Vector golf courses, dropped right over the burnt in one.  Stuff like that...Vector screws with the Aussie scenery. With both of our Vectors as off line...Aussie scenery and what should be, where it should be...IS there.With it as on...Vector bastardizes the scenery....  I have Vector where is was initially installed in the mix.  Yes..enjoying oz very much.  A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig place...for months of exploration!

Regards SP4 and Vector.

I have been unable to locate the abovementioned thread can someone provide a link ?

How do you  switch Off  Vector for when flying in SP4  ?

I have had all sorts of anomalies with Australia since installing Global and Vector.

I do hope ORBX   fix Vector .

Cheers

Karol

Hi Holger

Thank you  for the link.

I've been deeply buried in a new instrument creation , so I hadn't bothered much with my scenery , time for me to attend to such chores.

Personally , I cannot recommend  FTX Australia highly enough , it's absolutely stunning .

Cheers

Karol

Archived