The Last of the Old West Returns: Jackson Hole Triple Installer On The Way!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent news!

Interesting to note the difference in appearance between the P3D mountains (Tetons) and the FSX versions: the FSX versions are much clearer, crisper, and just more real looking.

I know that P3D has some LOD issues, but sheesh, this is really troublesome!

John

Can one of the devs answer this? I was waiting for KJAC before I dove into P3D, but the Tetons look less than stellar. Of course, this may just be a zoom issue, but it'd be nice to have a definitive answer.

Ron

I think I'm missing something. I just purchase KJAC to take advantage of the sale and the compatibility with P3D v.2 Downloaded the file but it is v.1 not v1.1

Am I missing something or the triple installer is not release?

No, Bozeman (KBZN) and West Yellowstone (KWYS) are not yet available in P3Dv2, and there is no time estimate for that availability.  

See Jarrad's comments earlier in this thread on Bozeman:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98236-the-last-of-the-old-west-returns-jackson-hole-triple-installer-on-the-way/?p=889688

Only two weeks later and we now get West Yellowstone! What a treat... I take my hat off for you guys and almost hope for a rainy summer to enjoy more my sim  :smile:

Only two weeks later and we now get West Yellowstone! What a treat... I take my hat off for you guys and almost hope for a rainy summer to enjoy more my sim  :smile:

That's great! Many thanks for the heads up, Brian! I would have overlooked this release. It came all of of a sudden, without any preview shots and announcements. ???

Actually I saw the release of KWYS and I thought that was what this thread was about.  Then I went back to this thread and noticed that this is all about KJAC. 

Odd.  Why would Jarrad suggest that these others are so far out, and then KWYS comes out before even KJAC, the subject of this preview thread...?

Either way I'll take it.

Actually I saw the release of KWYS and I thought that was what this thread was about.  Then I went back to this thread and noticed that this is all about KJAC. 

Odd.  Why would Jarrad suggest that these others are so far out, and then KWYS comes out before even KJAC, the subject of this preview thread...?

Either way I'll take it.

Yeah. Too bad. If anyone would have indicated that KWYS was just around the corner, I would have bought during the sale. Now, the dollars go elsewhere...

Some of us play our cards stealthy, keeps everyone on their toes :)

No, really, its just how it happens, different developers, different situations, different compatibility fixes etc

I thought as much -- though it has become something of a tradition to 're-tease' us on the triple installers.  You guys did yourselves a minor disservice in the eyes of your admiring fans.

Anyway, THANKS GUYS -- it is going to be really cool to have a KJAC and KWYS in close proximity in P3D v2.5. 

... You guys did yourselves a minor disservice in the eyes of your admiring fans...

Yes, I think a few preview shots and an announcement of the imminent release of the triple installer could have created some extra sales of this fabulous airport during the May Sales. 

Triple installers for this and KWYS were the last ones I needed to get all of my Orbx back up and running since my switch to P3D.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Lucky you. After KWYS, I am down to 13 remaining. Much progress has been made though.

Anyone? Has KJAC triple installer already been released? am I an idiot thinking it has not been released? Please answer!

Matthew

No not released, this is just a preview thread, keep an eye on this section of the forum: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/77-release-announcements/

Yes, I think a few preview shots and an announcement of the imminent release of the triple installer could have created some extra sales of this fabulous airport during the May Sales. 

Yes indeed maybe, but we also get to develop without any stress and complaints about it not being released! :) you'll notice with our Experience packages we just hit you with it out of the blue, this is by design.

Well Tim I think the experience packages did have a couple weeks of previews - sure you might have finished it up by then, but it was not at all out of the blue, by any stretch.  But I do get your point.

There will be other ORBX sales, for those that aren't quite ready to pay full price. For the amount of rework that Jarrad puts into these P3D triple intallers, I would feel bad about even wanting to the sale discount. By the thing at the regular rate and it is your way of buying the guy an extra couple of beers (along with a pint for JV).

Personally I now find that I have so much freakishly incredible places to fly that I only miss the other places when I allow myself to think about it. I have a probably a dozen ORBX airports that I have flown in or out of only twice. So when I get bummed that I cannot RIGHT NOW TODAY fly at ORBX airport X/Y/Z, then I just have to remind myself about the underutilized treasures I do have installed, and I go fly at one of them to get the feeling back. Usually this only happens when I am here scrolling thru the preview threads on these forums and not 'out flying' like I should be. As Sheryl Crow once put it, it's about wanting what you got, not getting what you want.

Anyway, no complaining should be tolerated in this thread -- when it's done, full stop.  Jarrad has as good a track record as anybody I can think of, in terms of quality and cranking out volumes of work, one after the other.  If the worst we can say here is they dropped a preview thread on us a little bit prematurely, then I am sure his stature around here will hardly be tarnished.  Indeed, he's doing rework for us, with improvements, at no extra charge.  Probably they just found some little items that needed another coat of paint, to meet the exacting eye of the author.  So we'll just let the paint dry and stand by.

• 2 weeks later...

mmm Very soon?

About KJAC, no news means good news? or no news means delay?

Is astonishing see how released other products and the KJAC "soon triple installer" is still on the "box".

I can wait, of course, but is a little confus see more releases, but not KJAC.

Working on KJAC triple installer? ok. thanks.  

But not for announce a "soon release".

Maybe buying the West Yellowstone (KWYS) on MAY It would have been a better choice.

But not problem on wait. Only a little confused about your timing.

Miquel

Excellent news!

Interesting to note the difference in appearance between the P3D mountains (Tetons) and the FSX versions: the FSX versions are much clearer, crisper, and just more real looking.

I know that P3D has some LOD issues, but sheesh, this is really troublesome!

John

Can one of the devs answer this? I was waiting for KJAC before I dove into P3D, but the Tetons look less than stellar. Of course, this may just be a zoom issue, but it'd be nice to have a definitive answer.

Ron

Jarrad, can you please answer the above quotes?

Bring it on!  You are killing us.

As for the unanswered stuff, wow......  let it go guys.  It will be better than the first release.

BTW, I bought this one on the first release and have moved it over from FSX to P3Dv2.5.

It does well and looks good.  A lot better than the stock KJAC airport you are using now.

Nice to see KWYS in Tripple Installer.  Like to see KBZN, but as with KJAC it is moved over and love flying the area.

As for the Mountains LOOKING REAL?  Well, they want be real, but as close as any of their other mountains due to available scaled mapping and the amount of scale your PC can deliver.  Why build a program that our PC'S can not scale.

I have worked with a lot of computers with the military which does 3D modeling to less than a meter and you do not own a computer that can render it.

Archived