I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone, as it were ...

dubbo_02_817_1280.jpg

dubbo_03_980_1280.jpg

Resisted the JF Fokker for a whole day. At least I saved money on the (excellent) freeware Dubbo (YSDU). Not sure whether linking to it is allowed here, but it's on AussieX.

Above shots in P3Dv2.5 with FTX AU.

Too early for a review from me on the Fokker, but watch this space!

Adam.

Looks good Adam.

I downloaded Dubbo yesterday and it fits nicely into the AUSSP04.

But yours is the second screenshot I have seen..and like the first one I saw..no cars in the car park.

Mine has that car park half full of cars...

I'm FSX..you P3D guys missing something ??

Great shots Adam.

Looks good Adam.
I downloaded Dubbo yesterday and it fits nicely into the AUSSP04.
But yours is the second screenshot I have seen..and like the first one I saw..no cars in the car park.
Mine has that car park half full of cars...
I'm FSX..you P3D guys missing something ??

Missing quite a bit Stu. Even so it is still a great looking freeware, well the bits I have got so far are. :lol:

i have some issues in FSX DX10 ,some trucks and a Hangar are not showed.

I'm in the lucky position of having FSX/DX10 and P3D side by side on the same system, so was well placed to do some tests. There certainly is a problem with some objects not displaying in P3D - and the developers were trying hard to put things right.

This is freeware scenery - created for us by a non-commercial group of enthusiasts - most of whom will be doing this in their spare time on top of their "day job", so I expect these issues will get addressed, but may take longer than if it were a commercial product.

I do know that they're aware of precisely what's missing - and they're working on it! I think the good reception they've had so far will cheer them up somewhat.

I ran it in P3D without knowing what I was missing and it still looked damned good to me!

Adam.

EDIT: I didn't want to turn this into some kind of a support thread - particularly in a *screenshot* forum (mods, please advise!!) but if anyone wants to compare, here are a couple of test shots:

dubbo_a_fsx.jpg

dubbo_a_p3d.jpg

dubbo_b_fsx.jpg

dubbo_b_p3d.jpg

Happy to remove these if required.

Hi Adam,

I am far from criticizing work of freeware developers. I am very grateful to all freeware developers for their work.

I am not one of those people who can  afford any payware.

it should only be a question of whether others have the same problem also.

thanks for your response and your comparison test shots.

Cheers

Bluebear

I am far from criticizing work of freeware developers. I am very grateful to all freeware developers for their work.

Arrrgh. Just reading my post - it reads as if I was criticising you (for being critical :lol:). Sorry if that's the way it came out. I know that's not what you meant at all!

Adam.

Scenery aside, I'm looking forward to your opinion of this offering.  Recalling your comment about 'baked on shadows like Virtualcol', I'm noticing the same shadows in the same spots - seems a bit amateurish for the price.  The scenery is nice though.

Scenery aside, I'm looking forward to your opinion of this offering.  Recalling your comment about 'baked on shadows like Virtualcol', I'm noticing the same shadows in the same spots - seems a bit amateurish for the price.  The scenery is nice though.

I think I may post a mini-review in "General Discussion" after I've given it a bit more "air time". In the meantime though ...

Self-shadow works on all parts of the aircraft in P3D - though they're a little crude/jagged. In FSX/DX10, no shadows appear on the fuselage. Haven't tried in FSX/DX9.

The overdone soiled/black nacelles aren't part of the model shadowing - just on the liveries. I've looked at the paint kit and burned in shadows are on a separate layer, so it's up to the repainter to decide whether or not to use them.

Adam.

Archived