FSS Website incredibly slow

Der Flieger

Hi,

I was just trying to access the Flightsimstore website to check out the newest ORBX product, FTX Trees HD, but my browser seems to be loading the FSS website very slowly. Been waiting over 5 minutes now to access just the main page. All other websites are running fine.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Cheers,

Sebastian

Its just not me then.  I have been trying to install my past purchases on my new rig today and at validation point it says it cant connect, check internet connection.  Driving me nuts since this is the only day I have free to do this.  UGH!

Jim 

Same here, finally got the the main page, clicked on 'My Account' and got this:

Unable to connect to database server!

Have been drooling over all the great HD Trees screenies all day and couldn't wait to get home to buy and download them. Now sitting here not being able to get in to the store, oh well!

Simon

Managed to purchase HD Trees, but since my payment hasn't been confirmed I can't download!

You know you've made it as an addon developer when your release can crash an entire store! I think even PMDG can't do that! :D

The "problem" is high demand on the server with purchases of Trees HD... You've waited this long, another day won't make much difference.

To be honest I actually wasn't planning on purchasing the Trees anyway. I only wanted to visit the store to check out the pricing and some screenshots. 

But if this problem is always occuring with new releases, maybe the FSS should think about upgrading their servers. If my store-doors get run down every time I start selling a new product, it is only logical to improve the throughput of my door-system in order to accommodate more customers. ;)

The reviews on FSS aren't very promising so far.

I see only one "review" and,  to be charitable, that review is hardly definitive.   My own review is simple:  Buy and install FTX HD Trees.

C.

I assumed I would be dealing with a professional organisation; they are quick enough to take the money.

Has nothing to do with professionalism or lack thereof... When you have that many people trying to download at the same time, you're going to run into issues, regardless of how big your internet pipe is.

right Bruce ... not only is this for Orbx customers but anyone who has fsx..... so naturally the servers ar overwhelmed .  if anything it is a test for the servers and JV s marketing letting it out at this time  in the week is genius.

I finally got it and with a manual vector config to 108 mile I flew from there to cav3 and could smell the pine trees through an olfactory bulb "hallucination"... is worth the wait...  I used the trike with x dense scenery at 6.5 LOD and never dropped below triple digits in fps

Hi guys,

This release is the first one since FTX: AU Blue where the main FSS website servers have had major issues keeping up with the load. We have had the odd content server overload here and there but the store has always been able to handle anything that was thrown at it until this release. It has been very popular indeed.

I am looking into other hosting solutions to mitigate these load issues but any move or migration of the store at this stage is a huge project that will require much planning and preparation, not to mention the expense. When considering the direction to take I will have to weigh up the real costs against the returns, taking into account any down time and disruptions to the customer experience.

Thanks Adrian, my downloads are now able to get past the verification stage. Bad timing on my part to reinstall my rig today...oh well, sometimes life bucks you a bit. Said my fair share of bad words till (thinking something was haywire on my rig) I found out the HD trees were released and causing the slow down. Once I get sorted I will deffinetly get that package as well.

Jim

Hi,

I must really lough, when I read things like ... " I want to have my trees...", "I thought I deal with professionals".... and so on...  :blink: Hey, are we kids?? I also was looking for the trees-release, but to complain about the server, which is working fine for 99,9% of the time? No, in my opinion there is no reason to do either that, nor to rebuild the whole system....

Cheers and happy landings in the new woods! 8)

So many times when a popular title is released I have to wait maybe a day or two until the demand has died down. I am not worried as it is not the end of the world to me if I don't get the new release straight away, just happy for ORBX that their products have such an eager and loyal following.

Yesterday night around 7pm EST in Australia from paying, to end of installing and ready to run on my system took 10 minutes. That is pretty good considering the internet system here in Oz is, putting it politely, crap.

Thanks for providing us with FSS Adrian, a great means for us to buy our ORBX products. You are doing a fantastic job which I and most of the regular users thoroughly appreciate.

Yes sometimes things are a tad slow when there is exceptional demand but in todays world patience is something that appears to diminishing by the hour.

If this is our only problem in life then we are very lucky.

Keep up the good work Adrian

Hi

So far I have downloaded  for about hundred times and found no problem, very fast in deed(see below), at least 3Mb/sec. Please correct me if I am wrong, you need to pass your local server before reaching FSS server, the problem might be on your local server. Any expert can advise this.

Hi,

I must really lough, when I read things like ... " I want to have my trees...", "I thought I deal with professionals".... and so on...  :blink: Hey, are we kids?? I also was looking for the trees-release, but to complain about the server, which is working fine for 99,9% of the time? No, in my opinion there is no reason to do either that, nor to rebuild the whole system....

+1

So many times when a popular title is released I have to wait maybe a day or two until the demand has died down. I am not worried as it is not the end of the world to me if I don't get the new release straight away, just happy for ORBX that their products have such an eager and loyal following.

Yesterday night around 7pm EST in Australia from paying, to end of installing and ready to run on my system took 10 minutes. That is pretty good considering the internet system here in Oz is, putting it politely, crap.

Thanks for providing us with FSS Adrian, a great means for us to buy our ORBX products. You are doing a fantastic job which I and most of the regular users thoroughly appreciate.

Yes sometimes things are a tad slow when there is exceptional demand but in todays world patience is something that appears to diminishing by the hour.

If this is our only problem in life then we are very lucky.

Keep up the good work Adrian

+1

Has nothing to do with professionalism or lack thereof... When you have that many people trying to download at the same time, you're going to run into issues, regardless of how big your internet pipe is.

Agreed - slow yesterday, normal this morning....... FSS has been good overall                 Howard

I have to agree with that, but... ;)

... that's not a line I thought I'd ever hear in an aviation-related topic... :D :D :D

Cheers :)

Tym

Downloaded 7-00pm Monday in under 2 minutes so was very pleasantly surprised, expected some delay as it was obvious the demand was going to be high.

I think it is unrealistic to expect any business to make large expensive upgrades to their systems to cater for the odd rush like this.

Don`t get me wrong, I get frustrated like anyone else when I experience delays but in the cold light of day FSS seem to have done pretty well. [count the number of complaints above and then estimate how many folks must have purchased this addon in the first 24hrs].

cheers Reg.

I think it is unrealistic to expect any business to make large expensive upgrades to their systems to cater for the odd rush like this.

Although this may start to become the norm for Orbx products, especially since FSX Steam is enlarging the pool of potential Orbx customers.

Adrian is absolutely right that this may now be the time to research and/or design a load balanced solution.

Archived