FSS Wrapper

Double J

I realize that this is a FSS issue but if anyone has any ideas as to get this to work it would be much appreciated as I wait for them to respond.

Been trying all night to get the wrapper to open..

Did everything as recommended, used a downloader and WinZip to extract it. Plenty of room on my SDD.. 75%.

The wrapper gets to 75% than stops. No error message no nothing. downloaded it three times from three different servers antivirus off when trying to run it.

I use the task manager to stop it. When I restart I get the agreement message then it goes right to the wrapper and starts over getting stuck at 75%. If I could get it to restart from the beginning I might have some luck. Downloaded it three times from different servers too.

Firewall off, antivirus off

Same problem for me with the Sedona unwrapper. Please check and inform about solution.

Thanks and regards,

Edward

Good, I am not alone. I have emailed FSS and have had a chat window open all day but no response.

Hi, Double J.

I finally got the FSS un-wrapper working, but only after one hour or so of waiting time. Something should be wrong anyway. I've got also another error with the FTX Configurator and had to add the KSEZ new scenery manually to the scenery.cfg and at this time I cannot open FTX Central because it stopped working. Hope to get some support from ORBX for this.

Edward

FWIW, I've always used WinRAR to unzip, all my unwrappers completed unwrapping within several minutes.  Only reason I mention this is whether the various unzippers (7zip, winzip, etc) may be a factor...

Another thought is to verify the MD5 checksum of the download....

I experienced this issue for the first time when I installed KRDD Redding as a triple installer last week. I had to wait about 50 minutes for the wrapper to complete its process after being stuck at @ 75%. It isn't anything to do with space on drives but a peculiarity of the wrapper mechanism which seems to have crept in. I did not have the same problem on the many previous ones.

FWIW, I've always used WinRAR to unzip, all my unwrappers completed unwrapping within several minutes.  Only reason I mention this is whether the various unzippers (7zip, winzip, etc) may be a factor...

Another thought is to verify the MD5 checksum of the download....

What is the MD5 checksum?  I also tried two different unzippers and two different downloaders, downloaded 7 times from 6 different servers. Same thing every time.  The unwrapper runs till the same point than stops but the window stays open. I can verify through the task manager that nothing is going on at that point.

I experienced this issue for the first time when I installed KRDD Redding as a triple installer last week. I had to wait about 50 minutes for the wrapper to complete its process after being stuck at @ 75%. It isn't anything to do with space on drives but a peculiarity of the wrapper mechanism which seems to have crept in. I did not have the same problem on the many previous ones.

Left it on all night  ...nothing.

As for the MD5 checksum, on the FSS download page (where the 6 severs are listed), at the middle of the page is the file size and MD5 checksum.  For KSEZ, it would be:

File size: 858,332,621 bytes
MD5: 4f87b4a82f99815ce144f8445869dd1e

There are various MD5 checksum verification tools out on the Internet, but Microsoft offers a command-line tool.  Google on "md5 checksum windows".

I have absolutely no idea whether this is even a factor in the hung unwrappers, but wouldn't hurt to verify the original download is correct.

As for the MD5 checksum, on the FSS download page (where the 6 severs are listed), at the middle of the page is the file size and MD5 checksum.  For KSEZ, it would be:

File size: 858,332,621 bytes

MD5: 4f87b4a82f99815ce144f8445869dd1e

There are various MD5 checksum verification tools out on the Internet, but Microsoft offers a command-line tool.  Google on "md5 checksum windows".

I have absolutely no idea whether this is even a factor in the hung unwrappers, but wouldn't hurt to verify the original download is correct.

Thanks, I'll check that one tomorrow.

G'day DoubleJ,

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help on this issue - the FSS wrappers are definitely outside of my area of expertise. The best way to get a support query up at Flightsimstore is to start a support ticket by emailing them (which I see you've done) - let me know how you get along with it. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I have also had this problem recently, trying to install KTVL a few days ago it locked at about 75%. I eventually got it done by changing from WinZip back to WinRAR and it worked although it did hesitate at 75% for some time.

Last night I experienced the same hesitation whilst installing Sedona. This seems a recent problem, never had it before.

It may be worth trying WinRAR and letting it run. No doubt FSS will sort it soon.

Cheers Reg

I don't want to put cold water on the boil - just want to help, if I can!

You see, mate, I downloaded and installed yesterday Sedona using the tools previously mentioned.

The HD system has 2t capacity - only FSX and P3D and utilities.

My CPU is Z87, memory 16 giga and GPU 770 4giga.

Three years ago, before I upgrade the system, my HD system was small SSD 128: as was to be expected, I had issues similar to yours. That's when everything changed!

Cheers,

I don't want to put cold water on the boil - just want to help, if I can!

You see, mate, I downloaded and installed yesterday Sedona using the tools previously mentioned.

The HD system has 2t capacity - only FSX and P3D and utilities.

My CPU is Z87, memory 16 giga and GPU 770 4giga.

Three years ago, before I upgrade the system, my HD system was small SSD 128: as was to be expected, I had issues similar to yours. That's when everything changed!

Cheers,

The wrapper actually works off the OS drive which mine is 2Tbs and is currently 75% empty. My PC is an empty box housing only FSX of which is on its own 250 GB ssd which has only 60 GBs used.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you ran disk cleanup and deleted all your temporary files?

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you ran disk cleanup and deleted all your temporary files?

Last week..and again yesterday.

Hi guys,

To complete Holger, I guess it's probably a Windows issue on your machine. To investigate that, just open Event Viewer (see tutos here) to see what happened during wrapping. Investigate into the Windows logs subfolder to identify which process hang the wrapper.

I realize that this is a FSS issue but if anyone has any ideas as to get this to work it would be much appreciated as I wait for them to respond.

Been trying all night to get the wrapper to open..

Did everything as recommended, used a downloader and WinZip to extract it. Plenty of room on my SDD.. 75%.

The wrapper gets to 75% than stops. No error message no nothing. downloaded it three times from three different servers antivirus off when trying to run it.

I use the task manager to stop it. When I restart I get the agreement message then it goes right to the wrapper and starts over getting stuck at 75%. If I could get it to restart from the beginning I might have some luck. Downloaded it three times from different servers too.

Firewall off, antivirus off

Just one question: did you execute the wrapper as Administrator ? In fact unwrapping is similar to unzipping. Your process hung at 75% because it was certainly trying to go on but Windows told it wait. So that sometimes looks very long or an eternity.

I just executed the wrapper as Admin and it took me 5/7 min before the installation process started.

That may worth a try

Just one question: did you execute the wrapper as Administrator ? In fact unwrapping is similar to unzipping. Your process hung at 75% because it was certainly trying to go on but Windows told it wait. So that sometimes looks very long or an eternity.

I just executed the wrapper as Admin and it took me 5/7 min before the installation process started.

That may worth a try

That may worth a try

Yes, I've done everything mentioned in this thread multiple times. This wrapper ran all night twice and never opened.

What about your Windows, which version ? Did you also check all critical and security updates with Windows update ?

Probably not relevant here but occasionally I get a hung routine and only realise something's wrong when I close open windows on the desktop, and sometimes there's a warning or pop up window sitting there that has been hiding behind whatever was open.  Just a thought.

Yes, that's certainly the popup of midsecurity mode asking user if he's sure or not to execute the program and indeed sometimes it's hidden or out of screen range. It can be inactivated by lowering user's exec restriction allowing execution without asking permission

This makes me wonder whether giving the unwrapper process higher priority in the Windows Task Manager would make a difference....

I do believe I tried to change the priority but was unable to. If nothing else is running it shouldn't have any effect on it .

I just unwrapped the Harvey triple installer and it took an hour and a quarter. I have had the same problem with all the latest installers and contacted Flightsim Store mid February and was told they were aware of the problem and were looking into it.

Michael.

The wrapper needs a live internet connection for it's validation, as mentioned if the net down Under is a wee bit on the slow side and multiple connections to the same IP, in this case the FSS, it could be a miss or hit thing, not very much the FSS can do about as they are dependent on their providers network and capacity, alas sometimes our virtual life's can be a bit of a bitch as well

Here's another "me too" with KSQL.  I've been trying off and on for a couple weeks.  I also have downloaded it from three different servers using two different PCs.

Order Number: FSS0364363
Order Date: 2015-04-03

Glenn

Have had this problem with all installers after the repack of Concrete (dated 23 Jan, I believe).  From Feb on the installers work extremely slow.  If I run an intaller that is dated before Feb 2015, it runs quickly as usual.  But if I run any of the post Jan 2015 installers, there is a very significant lag time.  Was the FSS installer changed after Jan?

Will

Too many

Last one: FSS0367462 FTX HD Trees

Archived