Trees HD: New Zealand

Hot off the press!  I just finished up the replacement tree textures for NZNI and NZSI regions, and they will be sent to our testers shortly!

The New Zealand textures were the last ones on my 'to do' list, so this concludes my major development work, and we will now enter a full-blown beta testing period.

It's getting closer, guys... :D

ce004decadf49ee1c0e7602845997417.jpg

78ed05375140de70c8abd23aa4048d00.jpg

cccf5c24ae17c6fe3508110b45d8b7a9.jpg

bc90ab8c34f493128f886aaeba73530b.jpg

20ec6685186d57ce569002bcf32517b7.jpg

0d2016c58ea8707863af76387567fec2.jpg

2afa60948a59127e8621cb8bae85b2ae.jpg

efe6ac0696ebb506878a8e634458ab4f.jpg

a313e7c61c8cbc3a6a1d5e9c07fbc120.jpg

065e71bccfd0b16910ace5454415335f.jpg

f5dcda23f36d48816e80c8ded2bfb602.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

great shots...FTX trees HD is for the entire ftx products right?? global base, regions also??

Correct, I believe Scott is also working on making it compatible for users without any Orbx products too (but I'll let him chime in here and provide more details)!

great shots...FTX trees HD is for the entire ftx products right?? global base, regions also??

Correct, I believe Scott is also working on making it compatible for users without any Orbx products too (but I'll let him chime in here and provide more details)!

Yes, you are both correct! We've decided to add a replacement texture set for the default FSX autogen tree textures as well. This means that Trees HD will now upgrade ALL of your autogen trees worldwide, no matter what ORBX products you have, or even if you don't own any at all! So Trees HD really is an addon for everybody, no prior ORBX purchases required :)

However, owners of FTX regions will have the added benefit of new custom trees for their FTX regions, too. The trees shown above would only be seen by owners of NZSI or NZNI, for example.

Hope this makes sense, and if anyone needs clarification please feel free to post your questions. But this new feature makes it very easy to understand where you will see the new tree textures:

*EVERYONE will get ALL of their trees upgraded WORLDWIDE, regardless of whether you own Global or not!

*Owners of FTX regions will also get upgraded custom trees for their regions.

Cheers,

Scott

How will FTX owners get this new HD trees? Will the HD trees be included in individual new FTX SP´s (for free?) or will the new payware set of trees automatically improve FSX default, Globals, FTX sceneries and local airport sceneries in one loading step? 

*EVERYONE will get ALL of their trees upgraded WORLDWIDE, regardless of whether you own Global or not!

Forgive me - I'm OLD and sometimes don't understand my own language :lol: ... but ...

Would I be right in thinking that the above means ALL your trees get upgraded, but FTX region owners get an ADDITIONAL/EXTRA upgrade (to the upgrade) that applies to custom trees specific to that region?

Adam.

How will FTX owners get this new HD trees? Will the HD trees be included in individual new FTX SP´s (for free?) or will the new payware set of trees automatically improve FSX default, Globals, FTX sceneries and local airport sceneries in one loading step? 

The latter; Trees HD will have one simple installer and a single option in FTX Central V2 for turning them on and off.  Nice n' simple :)

Will deciduous trees have more than just "gold" color in fall, where applicable (NE USA, for instance)?

The NE US will use the Global / Default FSX tree textures, which will have some nice variation of fall colors, yes.

Forgive me - I'm OLD and sometimes don't understand my own language :lol: ... but ...

Would I be right in thinking that the above means ALL your trees get upgraded, but FTX region owners get an ADDITIONAL/EXTRA upgrade (to the upgrade) that applies to custom trees specific to that region?

Adam.

That's exactly right :)

Thanks Scott (not that I needed more convincing)! Those NZMF shots say it all!

Are any of those "custom" trees likely to be animated? There are a few tests dotted around NZNI that look amazing (I thought I was hallucinating)!

Adam.

Thanks Scott (not that I needed more convincing)! Those NZMF shots say it all!

Are any of those "custom" trees likely to be animated? There are a few tests dotted around NZNI that look amazing (I thought I was hallucinating)!

Adam.

Sorry, no animations, this is a texture replacement only.  Animated models on AGN would kill framerates, and as you can see, it looks pretty darn good anyways ;)

That looks really great, wonderful stuff Scott!

Having a close look at shot #1:

Do I see also some grass next to the trees? Does that belong to the package as well?

The NZ regions already have grasses and bushes on the ground as part of the autogen, so that is already present.  But Trees HD does upgrade their textures, so they look much better when flying down low or exploring an airport (such as Milford Sound).

Keep in mind that Trees HD won't add any trees, grasses, etc, where there weren't any before.  Where you're seeing vegetation with your current setup, you will still see the same basic types of trees and plants in the same locations.  However, with Trees HD, the resolution and appearance of the texture will be much improved.

Hi Scott, great shots and looking forward to it. Just a quick question though. When I'm flying around tropical areas (New Guinea, Amazon etc.) the default Orbx trees have a kind of light-shaded orange/brown hue compared to the deep emerald green you see in real life. Will the new trees correct that?

Archived