User Airport Voting Trial

Alex Goff

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the votes, among others is voted for EGSC...

Well that's two votes it's got, then. :lol:

Old Sarum and Norwich too, then Edwards AFB and Chino in California, plus a few in the north and west of Australia, including Kalgoorli. :)

RPLB Subic

RPMD Francisco Bangoy International Airport

WBKK Kota Kinabalu

WBSB Brunei

WIII Soekarno–Hatta International Airport

PGUM Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport

WASS Dominique Edward Osok Airport

ROMD Minami-Daito Airport Okinawa Prefecture

These fill the gaps between Australia and Asia

Hm, nice but... you should develop Germany as a full fat region first. And then some more German airports or airfieds!
You have lots of airports in America, UK and Australia. But a there is a big hole in the heart of Europe.
Ok, there we have Aerosoft. Poor (in fact no) compatibility with P3Dv2, old data, expensive and a focus on mega hubs.
But we definitely need more locations for GA pilots!
Thank you! 8) 

Thanks a ton, Alex! My votes have been cast. I have a feeling a couple of mine are on your list for Socal already  ;D

I really hope you guys have a go at Catalina KAVX, even though Aerosoft has made it available as freeware. It deserves the Orbs treatment for sure. Maybe include San Nicolas and San Clemente Islands in the same pack?  ???

But my #1 is certainly KSMO Santa Monica. I have spent a ton of time working in 1 particular hangar at that airport (non-aviation related.) Next choice would be anything in the Joshua Tree area. KTNP by 29Palms is spectactular, and I hope we eventually get a smooth, photoreal transition between that airport and KPSP. Autogen just doesn't cut it in the CA desert.

Cheers.

I'd like South End too, it was part of my qualifying cross country along with Norwich.  So all 3 would be rather nice :D

Mine was Norwich to Cambridge, and then Nacton. Now, I haven't checked your profile to ascertain your age, but I'm betting you are wondering where the hell Nacton was? :D. It was a small grass field alongside the river Orwell in Ipswich. I'm now going to cast my vote for Cambridge and Norwich, but even though the map is still showing RAF Coltishall and Swanton Morley as options (both long since closed), I bet even THAT doesn't show Nacton! >:D

Mine was Norwich to Cambridge, and then Nacton. Now, I haven't checked your profile to ascertain your age, but I'm betting you are wondering where the hell Nacton was? :D. It was a small grass field alongside the river Orwell in Ipswich. I'm now going to cast my vote for Cambridge and Norwich, but even though the map is still showing RAF Coltishall and Swanton Morley as options (both long since closed), I bet even THAT doesn't show Nacton! >:D

I know of Nacton only through driving past :lol:  My age is "relatively" young lol.  Or should that be old enough to know better, young enough not to care lol.  RAF Coltishall was a nice place, did a few AEF flights there when I was in my teens during an annual camp at Swaton Morley, which was possibly the worst annual camp every.  Old leaky MOD tents with 58 pattern down filled sleeping bags.  Suffice to say I didnt sleep much on that annual camp as I'm allergic to down :lol:

My 10 votes did not take long to fill up. Top of my list is KPVF (Placerville, CA) as it is a wonderful location and fits the FTX mould nicely. Others I chose were spread around the regional FTX world.

I assumed that there has been no change in International Airports being off interest to ORBX, so I did not include any even though there are many that are really only Regional Airport size.

I really hope you guys have a go at Catalina KAVX, even though Aerosoft has made it available as freeware. It deserves the Orbs treatment for sure. Maybe include San Nicolas and San Clemente Islands in the same pack?  ???

SIM720 already has payware airports for Catalina KAVX, along with Santa Barbara KSBA.

hey guys thank you so much for making the airport in san carlos flew out there in real life.now only if you guys can make a cuple more in the bay area. KRHV and KPAO this would make a lot of flight sim users from the bay area extreamly happy. and if you guys do take this into consideration then thank you so much.keep up the good work. ::)

I realize that I am a bit late here, but it only occurred to me yesterday that one of the last major ports and airports in Aus has been totally forgotten.. Port Hedland in WA.. a major shipping port due the massive salt production, and the fact that it is the gateway for all the iron ore produced in the Pilbarra.. Just a thought.. otherwise is anyone prepared to create a decent PR of the area. Teecee.

The user voting trial has concluded, voting is being disabled shortly.

With the data we've collected we'll look at how the polling was run and use that to potentially conduct future polls for regions, airports, and more. Thanks for participating!

Archived