User Airport Voting Trial

Alex Goff

4S1 GOld Beach Muni, NCA

A small-town airport at the mouth of a river that flows down from rolling hills. Pretty area with photoreal potential. VFR only.

KMYL McCall, CRM

A good starting point for those Idaho back country airstrips with 'Bar' in the name. Local lakes for floatplane access, neaby NDB & VOR.

Stupid of me, I forgot KMYL ! Yes indeed, you need MCall if you're any serious about bush flying ! Punching it in now.

I hesitated to add Goldbeach because I already voted for Brookings but is is indeed a great little airport !

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hesitated to add Goldbeach because I already voted for Brookings but is is indeed a great little airport !

Indeed I thought about Brookings, also a very pretty setting, but the small-town intimacy of Gold Beach won me over.  Perhaps a little like Sekiu's higher detail distribution, there are a few spots nearby that would be worthy of attention, such as the Pistol River mouth and the offshore Needle rocks.  I've never been to either town in real life, so I'm basing this on P3D/PNW and Google Earth :)  Doubtless a bit of local knowledge would much more valuable.

So far for me.....

YWLM    Williamtown      AU             (Regional Airport come RAAF base on the beautiful NSW coast)

YPKS     Parkes              AU             (Country NSW and home of the famous radio telescope)

YSCN    Camden            AU             (Good sized GA airport on the outskirts of Sydney)

YTEM    Temora             AU             (Country NSW and home to some classic warbirds)

KMMV   McMinnville       PNW         (Home of the amazing Evergreen Aviation Museum....been there :D )

O86       Trinity Center    NCA          (Cool little Airpark just north of Redding)

4S1       Gold Beach       NCA          (Spectacular location on the Oregon coast)

KLMT    Klamath Falls    NCA          (Nice mid-sized airport in CA to compliment Redding)

2 votes in the pocket for later! 

Hi Volker,

Hokitika ist a great place, but do you know there's already an excellent NZSI compatible freeware rendition available from Godzone?

Kind regards, Michael

Wow, thanks Michael. I really missed that one as it was listed under VLC freeware. Wonderful place!

So I wasted one vote that should have gone to Westport or Takaka. I really love the west coast of NZSI.

So far for me.....

YWLM    Williamtown      AU             (Regional Airport come RAAF base on the beautiful NSW coast)

YPKS     Parkes              AU             (Country NSW and home of the famous radio telescope)

YSCN    Camden            AU             (Good sized GA airport on the outskirts of Sydney)

YTEM    Temora             AU             (Country NSW and home to some classic warbirds)

KMMV   McMinnville       PNW         (Home of the amazing Evergreen Aviation Museum....been there :D )

O86       Trinity Center    NCA          (Cool little Airpark just north of Redding)

4S1       Gold Beach       NCA          (Spectacular location on the Oregon coast)

KLMT    Klamath Falls    NCA          (Nice mid-sized airport in CA to compliment Redding)

2 votes in the pocket for later! 

Klamath Falls is in Oregon.  The flight there from Redding is very nice indeed--nice fly-by of Mt. Shasta!

Voted for KBLI, Bellingham. Please ORBX, this airport is right near KORS and such airports, it would be a fantastic place to fly regional jets out of when I'm not really in the mood for Vancouver! 

Also voted for Idaho Falls and Perth. Idaho falls would be a great flight from KJAC or KBZN, and Perth is very much needed in this current day..

Ah yes, my mistake Stewart, Klamath Falls is in Oregon. I've not been there yet but next time I travel to the US I plan on exploring the PNW more, beautiful part of the world.

When did FSDreamteam do LakeTahoe?   :blink:

Must have been since the continental drift moved Tahoe to Vancouver Island :)

OK, I think he means FSDT's CYVR, though that's on the mainland, not Vancouver Island.  FWIW Jon Patch did an excellent CYYJ, though I'm not aware of much else on the island in terms of payware.

I voted all the big airports: Auckland intl, Wellington, Christchurch, Perth intl, Adelaide intl, Darwin, Calgary (very much needed) and Edmonton in Canada and some others like Mount Cook airport etc...

Cheers to all!

I guess I'm more into the bigger airports with commercial service, but I added some GA airports as well. Still saving 4 votes for later.

Sandpoint, ID (KSZT) - the most beautiful place you've never heard of (just google pictures). Beach, Lake, Small town, Mountains, Ski Resort, home of the Quest Kodiak company.

Spokane, WA (KGEG) - would go great along with SFF and city of Spokane. GEG is the commercial airport for large area of Washington and Northern Idaho.

Lewiston, ID (KLWS) - amazing place with the Snake and Clearwater rivers converging along with a 2000 foot mountain/hill overlooking the city. Mostly GA, but has some Delta Connection to/from SLC and Horizon Q400s.

Couer d'Alene, ID (KCOE) - busy GA airport in Northern Idaho. Coeur d'Alene is amazing place with lake and mountains surrounding it.

Boise, ID (KBOI) - commercial airport that is in need of a scenery

Whittier, AK (PAWR) - small GA airport (1700 ft runway I think) right next to a lake with mountains surrounding it. Prettiest place I visited in Alaska

Whittier, AK (PAWR) - small GA airport (1700 ft runway I think) right next to a lake with mountains surrounding it. Prettiest place I visited in Alaska

A beautiful place, I agree, but I didn't think there was much at the airfield other than a small gravel strip.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes me too. Ozx have done some brilliant little airports throughout Australia. I am hopeful these will be possible to install into P3D2 

I've installed most of them in P3DV2.5 and they all seem to work.

Their not just 100% guaranteed. Their so good though it's worth the risk.

Gotta be time for a Darwin and Gold Coast Orbx AU airport at least (my vote).

gb.

I've installed most of them in P3DV2.5 and they all seem to work.

Their not just 100% guaranteed. Their so good though it's worth the risk.

Gotta be time for a Darwin and Gold Coast Orbx AU airport at least (my vote).

gb.

Spot on, they are worth the risk. That sounds promising gb. Might give it a go. 

Jeff

A beautiful place, I agree, but I didn't think there was much at the airfield other than a small gravel strip.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you are correct. Not much other than a landing strip at the airfield, but if the surrounding area was including I think it could make up for the simple airstrip. I wouldn't be surprised if it's too small for them to consider though.

I used up all my votes already, but may I suggest Nelson, BC. Great place to visit as it's only a short walk into town. Ski resort in winter, boating in the summer, challenging approach. Would go well along with Sandpoint, Idaho as we also have Boundary Co. in that area.

I used up all my votes already, but may I suggest Nelson, BC. Great place to visit as it's only a short walk into town. Ski resort in winter, boating in the summer, challenging approach. Would go well along with Sandpoint, Idaho as we also have Boundary Co. in that area.

Didn't know about Nelson and I've used up all my votes, but it looks like a great place. I agree, both Sandpoint and Nelson would go well with Bonner's Ferry.

"All that being said, please take the chance to peruse around and vote for airports that you would be most interested in.

There is a search function built in if you know the name of your airport but not the ICAO, or if you know the city but not the name."

What is the closing date on this.

Thanks,

gb.

"All that being said, please take the chance to peruse around and vote for airports that you would be most interested in.

There is a search function built in if you know the name of your airport but not the ICAO, or if you know the city but not the name."

What is the closing date on this.

Thanks,

gb.

End of this month we'll be closing the current poll and analyzing it for future polling decisions.

I tried to search and vote for Nelson but putting Nelson BC in the search bar did nothing.

Allan

The search bar should begin auto-completing your entry, I put in Nelson, BC, hit enter, and it brought me to the location.

I put in votes for California. Santa Paula (KSZP) is an awesome small GA airport (like a lot of PNW airports done), Camarillo (KCMA), Flabob (KRIR) is the site of EAA Chapter 1, Watsonville (KWVI), Truckee Tahoe Airport (KTRK) is a larger airport in the North of Lake Tahoe, Santa Ynez (KIZA), and Crystal Airport (46CN) is a neat desert gliderport.

Archived