Recommend me an aussie GA airfield

addman

So I'm stocking up on orbx aussie airports thanks to the current sale and I've already bought Hervey Bay which is a really nice and immersive airfield. Any recommendations on some aussie GA airfields? which are "the best" and why? Can't buy them all unfortunately but a couple more should fit in the stockings. :D

Cheers/Andy

Aeropelican YPEC  is indeed  a very nice   strip. Hemmed in with trees, on the laguna of a large bay, close to the beaches. The approach is always spectacular ! Only thing, it has been decommissioned I believe. But who cares  :) ? Dont forget some of OrbX freeware too : Redcliffe in the Brisbane bay, Murray Island in the tropics up North (weird to write  that !)  and Lilydale+Coldsream around Melbourne !

2014-11-11_17-11-55-850.jpg

Wolongong, Warnervale, Aeropelican and Port Macquarrie make a great trip up or down the NSW East coast and with Sydney City (no decent offerings yet) in the middle make for a  great trip in either direction. Teecee..

PS: Alice is great too..But you must remember to install all the Oziex strips to have anywhere close by to fly to.

Andy If I may indulge myself, I will make another suggestion. Do you like that kind of flying ? Bush ?

2014-7-29_17-0-55-492.jpg

If you do, get YBAS Alice Springs in the red desert of Australia. Very special. It is in the middle of nowhere and mainly accessible by jets EXCEPT that it can be complemented by two extremely nice OzX freeware packages : one with Ayers Rock airport and one other with a score of bush strips like the one above. Only for FSX though, the P3D version has not yet been released

My favs are Cairns and the venerable YSCH, Coffs Harbour. I think YSCH is one of Orbx all time classics actually.

I just added FSX Go, EGHA Compton Abbas, KTVL Lake Tahoe and AYPY Jacksons International today.

I was thinking of adding a few more with the sale and Cairns was one of the "few more" on my mind...sounds like it would be a great choice. 8)

Difficult question, but I would go for Cairns on #1. There you also have the option to bring in a big tube, if you should be so inclined. Aeropelican has some really beautiful scenery (and with Cessnock and Warnervale two future possibilties that are close by) so that would be my choice #2. And don't forget Bathurst! An extensive scenery area and with a huge number of great OZx fields in the area. That would be #3. And then there is Canberra, which has the same option as Cairns for some heavies - but there you will (!) want to get the Canberra Cityscape. If that doesn't keep you occupied... #4 for Canberra. Broome? A real beauty! Or what about Bundaberg, if you already have Hervey Bay. Makes for a nice from -> to flight. Or Caloundra, just a bit down the coast... or.. I think you get the idea.

But in the end, you'll probably get them all, even if it should take some time! :D

Cheers

Mallard

Archived