Palm Springs flickering textures on under pass (FSX)

bradley27

G'day Brad,

Could you please post a daytime picture (and a little closer), I just want to check for any potential clash. 

In addition could you let me know whether;

a) You have Ground scenery shadows enabled, and

8) whether you are running in DX9 or DX10 mode.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Ok so, in day light the edges of the underpass shimmer slightly on the edges rather than flicker at night.

Also noticed im missing alot of trees in the city areas, the airport is fine but everywhere else has no trees....im running the latest ORBXLIBS too

fsx2014-11-0514-57-42-17_zps105b4ff2.jpg

fsx2014-11-0514-58-18-21_zpsc76a5f2a.jpg

Thanks Brad, it looks like you have a mesh or APX issue clash going on there. A couple of questions:

1. Do you have your mesh set to 5m? 

2. If yes, do you have any other (non-ORBX) mesh, photoreal or AI programs installed? Or for that matter, any other addons that might be clashing with this area? 

3. If you don't have any clashing products, could you check your scenery library and ensure that KPSP is sitting above the Global Mesh and Vector entries? 

4. Lastly, just to explain the problem - I can see some terrain mesh (lower resolution texture) poking through the walls of the tunnel (higher resolution texture) - is this the case only at a higher altitude or does it also happen right at ground level? For reference, from ground level it should look like this.

Cheers,

Jarrad

One thing to look for is the freeware Global airport KPSP, otherwise you'll have another AFD file messing with you - fortunately I remembered I had installed this and so removed the KPSP.bgl's before installing Jarrad's masterpiece.

Cheers

Jack

I only use ORBX Global, Vector and OpenLC Europe. All of which are updated to their latest versions.

I also have the ORBX Northern Cali terrain and Bozeman Airport.

I use REX weather Direct and thats it.

No Global2010 nothing. FSX Mesh is full 1m.

My AI is self built and compiled. I am an internal AIG member, we spend way too much time on AI ;)

fsx2014-11-0519-20-53-06_zps161fa90c.jpg

fsx2014-11-0519-22-09-56_zps3a225611.jpg

fsx2014-11-0519-21-15-71_zpsae7402ab.jpg

and no trees in the city?

fsx2014-11-0519-21-38-48_zps6b317053.jpg

fsx2014-11-0519-21-43-05_zps66ecea4b.jpg

I have all trees in the scenery now after re-applying FTX Central which fixes one concern.

The flickering bridge at night and shimmering edges during daylight still persists. Unsure if anyone else using the FSX version can confirm the same?

I'm not sure what if any the following fix effect will have on the release version, but this issue was found during beta testing:

Found your culprit. It is Vector, file called 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl. Even though there is no waterbody at that location, I wonder if nearby ones are messing around with the scenery.

So, if you can locate any copies of that file in your ORBX folder, and delete or disable them, you can let us know if the problem persists.

Cheers

John

G'day Brad,

You are indeed correct, however I have yet to come across any FSX mesh product that uses true 1m resolution - in fact 5m mesh is the most detailed we have in our ORBX library (for airports such as Monterey, Cairns, and many others). We have found in the past that setting the slider higher than 5m creates hickups with components such as sloped flattens (as is the case here), some vector data and other aspects, so we have decided to standardize our sceneries to be compatible for 5m in order to make things easier for the customer. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Having the FSX Mesh slider on full brings it to 1M.

Sliding it backwards to 5M sounded to me like lowering the value. But ill try that now anyway.

There is no 1m mesh in existence so it doesn't bring "full" anything.

There is no point setting this at 1m if the mesh you have installed is a lower resolution.

Most mesh packages are at best 9m

Orbs pushes this with the airport scenery at 5m

No point setting a slider that is impossible to display

Archived