Talking about flying the bush : Do 27

dominique

Anyone still flying Marcel Felde's Do 27  ? I've flown it quite a lot in FS9 and forgot about her when I came back to FSX after a long hiatus in my sim life. Wonderful aircraft as I recall, Accusim before Accusim. Accufeel before Accufeel. I see that Aerosoft still sells her. Considering the complexity of the programming I doubt she would fly in P3d though....

Funny, but I was thinking about the Do 27 only yesterday. I haven't flown her for at least a couple of years (probably more than three!!) but she was quite good fun to fly around Austria, as I remember.

Might haul the tarp off her and take her for a spin sometime . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've always found the Do 27 to be a real challenge. Just making sure that all the switches and controls were properly set for startup was the first project, then figuring out how to unlock the yoke, and so on and so forth. No other plane has given as much satisfaction just figuring out how to start and take off. And it's a great plane to travel in--adaptable to all sorts of airstrips and good in the air. Lots of fun on bush strips and national forestry strips. Glad to hear that others also enjoy it.

Anybody has her in P3D V2.X ?

I have a boxed copy somewhere, so may dig it out and try her in v2.4... Trouble is, it was never a great FSX model, let alone P3D, as it was a crude FS9 port, with performance and visual issues... I did enjoy it though.

Don't know which version you're running, Reg/Dominique, but there is an FSX version, and here is a patch for DX10, so it should be fine in DX11.

pj

Thanks Paul ! I had some good times with Steve's DX10 (thanks to your guide :)) but I fly P3D now and don't feel like getting back to FSX .  Before buying the Do27 back (lost the FS9 version) I want to be pretty sure, she flies my new skies !

but I fly P3D now and don't feel like getting back

...makes me feel like a second-class citizen...  :lol:

You can still try the aircraft and patch Dominique: it would be interesting to know if the old Do was useable in P3D.  So much is not - I still miss my Dreamfleet 727 from FS9, so it'll be a while before I make the jump.

All the Best,

pj

...makes me feel like a second-class citizen...  :lol:

You can still try the aircraft and patch Dominique: it would be interesting to know if the old Do was useable in P3D.  So much is not - I still miss my Dreamfleet 727 from FS9, so it'll be a while before I make the jump.

All the Best,

pj

Naah don't feel bad Paul, multiculturalism, biodiversity and so on and so forth are very trendy these days :) !

I don't feel like investing some 30 EUR just to check whether she flies in DX10ed FSx. That was a complex aircraft and I suspect other  incompatibilities.

Now I was thinking today that it'd be great if the IP of a few abandonware planes of the last 10 years was acquired by developpers like A2A and the like, to revamp them up to today standards. The Do27 is one, the DF 727 another. I would add Rick Piper's freeware HS748 or FSD Porter . One can dream, right ?

If this is the same Aerosoft plane, which it is, I have always had *MASSIVE* performance issues with this plane in FSX, it's been sitting on my shelf for quite some time :( It's an absolute shame that it wasn't properly 'converted' for FSX, it was an outstanding aircraft in FS9, quite a milestone for it's time. If anyone can confirm if the huge performance impact is not present in P3D 2.4 I would greatly appreciate it. Awesome plane none the less.

Yep - this is the one and the same - by the now-defunct "Digital Aviation", and available at Flight1 as well.

She was heavy on frames - but back then the Core2Duo was king, and I reckon we've picked up a horse or two since then. I will re-load it and fly a bit, as it did/does have some strange appeal - like the AN-2 or the other Sib-Wings great - the Safir.

pj

Tested it in PNG last night, flies smooth as, the windows are a bit cloudy but as you might expect from old perspex, it's right at the limit up there trying to get from strip to strip, several orbits needed to get from the bottom to the top, but lands nicely and just gets off from the shorter strips.  A challenge and quite satisfying to get right.  And another handicap... there's very limited vision behind the pilot, ie 90 degrees out the side is about all you get, so checking behind for the strip isn't an option.

The vibrating panel is a huge realism addition...

If you're looking for a Pilatus Porter, Marcel (the same person who made the Do-27) is working on one right now - I can't wait to fly it around PNG.

Hi Ben

Just a bit off topic but where can I download his the Dornier from? I see from his website that he also has done a DA-100 Katana as well. Also looking for that as well.

Cheers

Bernie

:lol:

GOOD!!     As long as I'm flying the LH Maddog I'm ok without your most excellent 727, Paul (it blew the CaptainSim version out of the water, didn't it! 8)  ); it had a great FDE; it looked like the real thing inside, and system fidelity was sufficient to keep one interested and busy. She was the one aircraft that held back my switch to FSX back in 2005 (2006?), and I did try her, but 'twas not to be: however - Steve's DX10 Fixer does resurrect some of those models built with the obsolescent tools, and so now that we've resurected a fond memory or two in this thread - I might go digging. The Dornier works, the Safir works, Rick's Chippie (and others) works, so who knows?

All the Best,

pj

Edit:  Naahh.. Can't find it anymore..

um... By any chance - are you looking for a beta-tester for the FSX version, Paul? 

Archived