P3D 2.3 Is Absolutely Spectacular

Jocko Flocko

Well, it might have a few bugs upon initial release but *OMG* does it ever look absolutely amazing!!! The HDR lighting has been vastly improved along with the strength of the overall environmental lighting. This is especially noticeable when beams of very bright sunlight stream in through the cockpit in the early morning. Scenery is loading twice as fast as before and I'm getting on average 8-10 FPS improvement -this more than likely has something to do with my GPU being *FULLY* utilized along with all CPU cores getting a full workout.

An AWESOME simulation. :)

Here's a quick few shots before I head off to bed, these are *ALL* default P3D textures, sky colours and clouds. Have fun everyone! :)

TFeKN.jpg

y6Xv8.jpg

fHlhk.jpg

dzUQH.jpg

Afkaw.jpg

a9FGX.jpg

2zg5s.jpg

Nice shots indeed, just tried to patch my P3D installation with the update patch but with no luck so off to go through the daunting task of installing everything from scratch.

Cheers,

Ruud

Could it be the FSX migrator causing problems? I use it also so should I turn it off to install the update? I know that I have it in FSX mode currently but I hope the 2.3 update installs successfully with the fsx migrator installed. Maybe I should wait until they release a update for the migrator to be comparable with the new P3D 2.3 version?

Could it be the FSX migrator causing problems? I use it also so should I turn it off to install the update? I know that I have it in FSX mode currently but I hope the 2.3 update installs successfully with the fsx migrator installed. Maybe I should wait until they release a update for the migrator to be comparable with the new P3D 2.3 version?

I was able to update a newly installed copy of P3D 2.2 with just the 140MB patch, I only had my Alabeo aircraft and OrbX scenery installed. However, I hadn't used the migration tool to install my older aircraft that don't support P3D so that could be why my update went well. Try the update first, you have nothing to lose by trying it anyways. Be warned though, Lockheed Martin has a silly method of scanning *ALL OF YOUR DRIVES* during the update. When it says "Computing Space Requirements", give it a *VERY VERY* long time. The silly updater sat there scanning my drives for over 15 MINUTES before it started actually updating P3D. :/

Thanks for all of the comments everyone. :)

Archived