Give my left nut to get this product to work with FSX

How the heck do you get this product to work without having to install and un-install over and over???  I don't see any forum on why it won't work or how to get it to work or "hey you have to buy the product and NOT use the demo to get it to work" forum....

Any feedback welcome..

Which product or demo are you trying to install? What errors are coming up?

There is no requirement to purchase anything, the demos are all freestanding. However we do need some information on what the matter is.

And here's me thinking the Orbx staff would have this sussed in no time. The guy only wants to know why the Whats'it programe will not install on his thingy computer via Bill or Larry's webb browser!!. Woudn't be a loose right nut by chance? :wacko:

Cheers, Kevin

Here is the post from the other topic

I have tried to get this product to work so I can buy some retail scenery products.  No matter what I do ( I have re-installed FSX twice and Orbx Pacific twice) and still cannot get the scenery to load.  I have received an error message that lists a ton of files that were not loaded in FSX even though it works fine. 

Is there some secret to loading this product that I'm obviously missing?  I have used FSX for  years and never had a problem, but I do so want to get these scenery add-ons.  Frustrating that I'm doing something wrong and do not  know what it is.

thanks for any help.

ATFSR

It looks like the PNW demo into FSX

Well now we have at least some explanation.  Without knowing what software is installed a diagnosis is difficult but to my mind issues like this are likely to be UAC settings in Windows 7 and 8, especially if the default install path for FSX has been used.

alas we do not have clairvoyants on our staff

Hmmm, I think we finally found the flaw in John's hiring policy ... best get an ad in the paper quickly ... scratch that ... your new hire should contact you directly if they are any good! :)

Hmmm, I think we finally found the flaw in John's hiring policy ... best get an ad in the paper quickly ... scratch that ... your new hire should contact you directly if they are any good! :)

Good one

Ditch FSX, and install the full scenery. Indeed even if you pursue FSX it is useless to install the demo. This forum has hundreds of screenshots, you should know it well by now without needing the demo.

Archived