I get no kick in a plane...

dominique

...Flying too high with some guy in the sky is my idea of nothing to do.

well, WRONG Mr Cole Porter ! You can get a kick in landing in some of the OrbX scenery strips.Anushka rests today. Enters the Cub (A2A of course) ! A very short flight (the Cub is slow) from KORS to charming Clam Harbour that the locals has the pretention to call an Airport (WA35). You want adrenaline, here is adrenaline.

Look at the small trees above the left wing, the strip begins here and goes at 45° from the road.

1%20copy.jpg

2%20copy.jpg

3%20copy.jpg

4%20copy.jpg

7%20copy.jpg

7a%20copy.jpg

8%20copy.jpg

9%20copy.jpg

10%20copy.jpg

Landing  straight to the SW is very difficult because of tall trees (look #3). You 've to dive and do the dead leaf fall dance which can get you just like that, dead. Good coordination in the turn, the whiskey compass stays put but I was a little too fast. Mercifully, WA35 is on a slope. If not...  Note the blonde lady coming to plant a kiss on my forehead.  

Dominique you are now our go to person on the forum for seeing some wild and crazy bush strip landing's . Keep them coming my friend , and as

the Chairman of the Board sang so well :

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnc2qICovSY

Brad

An absolute thrilling landing and story told. At least you were not lonely after mastering this flight... and it seems one of the ladies won´t freeze in winter  ::) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSrHvNr8QQQ

Gerold we posted this at the same time . All I can say is : "Great minds think alike" . :blink::o:lol:

Brad

Dominique you are now our go to person on the forum for seeing some wild and crazy bush strip landing's . Keep them coming my friend , and as

the Chairman of the Board sang so well :

Brad

Gerold we posted this at the same time . All I can say is : "Great minds think alike" . :blink::o:lol:

Brad

Though Dominique is correct: The song was first sung by Cole Porter, as I just found ....

Though Dominique is correct: The song was first sung by Cole Porter, as I just found ....

Porter wrote the song , with lyrics which changed several times, which was sung by many artists. Now, if you've seen Mel Brooks Blazing Saddle, remember what the railroad gang sings :)  ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0mE745qmNE

Great find Dominique, I will try to land at this rwy with a few of my aircrafts, it's gong to be fun to see so many crashes :D

Jean François DO NOT try to land the Warthog there :lol:  !

Great set of screenshots Dominique.. so close together it's like watching a movie.. Well done. Teecee.

Thanks Teecee , that was my idea, to have some king of movie flavor. Glad you noticed !

fun in the sim..i imagine stressful in real life..good set

stu

Thanks Stu, being on the AR side, stress is fun ::) for me . Joke aside,  you feel stressed when you do such an approach for the first time even in the sim. 

Archived