From the PILOT'S site..

fjacobsen

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I posted just a minute ago in another support thread

FYI:

I have FSX.... and it's true you can not remove orbx!vector_aec from the Library.

But I found by just removing orbx!vector from the library it gave me a sort of hybrid vector.

Shorlines, rivers, lakes and major roads all look great and wa25 is now normal again.

Plus no hit on frame rates!!

I'll be flying in this confriguration for a while

Cheers,

D-Man

FYI:

I have FSX.... and it's true you can not remove orbx!vector_aec from the Library.

But I found by just removing orbx!vector from the library it gave me a sort of hybrid vector.

Shorlines, rivers, lakes and major roads all look great and wa25 is now normal again.

Plus no hit on frame rates!!

I'll be flying in this confriguration for a while

Cheers,

D-Man

Removing the AEC folder removes airport elevation corrections, so most mesh incompatibilities should be gone if you remove the entry. Check my previous post for instructions on removing folders or just deactivating the entry

honestly i think that the posted issues here in the forum has nothing to do with or with not using those mesh addon...

JV would have said that we need that mesh to get rid of those wrong or double placed objects.

usally i used to be some kind of critic but in this case i can't believe that ORBX had hidden something from us..

Carsten

JV responded back in Sept regarding third party mesh, he stated it was not required, so something changed...

http://orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php?/topic/64909-Global-Vector-will-'need'-mesh?-Discussion.#entry593235

Global Vector will 'need' mesh? Discussion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Probably like a lot of us, I will be very disappointed to have to spend £50 after spending almost £40 on Vector!

Removing the AEC folder removes airport elevation corrections, so most mesh incompatibilities should be gone if you remove the entry. Check my previous post for instructions on removing folders or just deactivating the entry

Sorry Alex, I'm either stupid or missing something. The post you refer to appears to be instructions for removing Vector, what are the simple guidelines for just removing the mesh elevation data, but leaving everything in place? Cheers...

Probably like a lot of us, I will be very disappointed to have to spend £50 after spending almost £40 on Vector!

Sorry Alex, I'm either stupid or missing something. The post you refer to appears to be instructions for removing Vector, what are the simple guidelines for just removing the mesh elevation data, but leaving everything in place? Cheers...

Hi Howard,

If you remove only the FTX_VECTOR_AEC folder that will take care of the airport elevation data which can cause plateaus or ditches using default or lower resolution mesh.

Regards,

Alex

I have FSGlobal2010 (purchased not too long ago on DVD from Pilot's) Is this different from FSGlobal2010 FTX?  Of course the bigger question being how it works with Orbx Global Base and Vector. The other obvious question if there is a difference, how does on up grade?

Hi Howard,

If you remove only the FTX_VECTOR_AEC folder that will take care of the airport elevation data which can cause plateaus or ditches using default or lower resolution mesh.

Regards,

Alex

Thanks Alex, I have removed the folder you suggested but still have exactly the same problem, no difference whatsoever...! BTW, if I remove the FTX Vector folder, not FTX Vector AEC folder, then the issue disappears.

Mv2El.jpg

I think these are all foreshadowings of what is to come as global warming continues to advance.

See other thread, I think I found the iceberg NW of NYC where the bankers put all the trillions of dollars they stole from the American People. B)

I'd get FSGlobal but 24GB, $100, too rich for my blood for the next year, I think, unfortunately.

I will hope there is some clarification from ORBX at some point, not a big deal.

I have FS Genesis for my default sim - FSX. I have their World Mesh, the US at 10m, Hawaii, Alaska and

their Russia & Siberia base. They work fine with Global and Vector, so far.

I have no mesh loaded into P3D, yet. I want to use Pilot's mesh for P3D, but it's too much $$ to invest at present, in a new simulator that's still in development IMHO. I only have Vector, Global, Ireland, N. Ireland and Iceland loaded into P3D.

Truth is, information on the "required" Pilots mesh has been available in these forums since the first announcement of VECTOR. But I certainly I understand why some may be scratching their head's since this is not clear on the FlightSimStore product page. 

Personally, I'll just continue to enjoy what VECTOR offers until I can afford the mesh.

Truth is, information on the "required" Pilots mesh has been available in these forums since the first announcement of VECTOR. But I certainly I understand why some may be scratching their head's since this is not clear on the FlightSimStore product page. 

Personally, I'll just continue to enjoy what VECTOR offers until I can afford the mesh.

It was stated that would be possible to use Vector without mesh and without problems, at least without new elevations problems.

Ciao

P3D isn't a bad purchase or install. It's not perfect, but we'll get upgrades and there are Orbx

products, a limited number at present, that work well in P3D. The interface is different, it loads much faster, has a few quirks, but I think it's the future of flight simulation, so I might as well learn the program, and enjoy the upgrades that will come, for sure. There are some neat new features, too.

I still use Microsoft FSX as my main sim, mainly 'cause all of my Orbx stuff is there. But, sad to say for FSX, in another year or so, I think I'll be mostly flying P3D.

Why don't they make an FTX version for FS Global Ultimate? It's a newer and better version.

I can't find the post but when Vector was announced it was supposed to have an optional install, with or without the flattening tool, which depended on whether or not you were running a mesh.

I went out and purchased pilots Global 2010 a few months ago with the understanding that the elevations would be corrected in Vector if it was put together.

Now I would have to ask Pilots what is the difference between FTX 2010 Mesh and it's predecessor that I paid 100 bucks for and sits in my desk after I uninstalled it.....didn't see the need for it or the difference in mesh when running it.

Think I'll pass on Vector and spend 60 bucks on a few sale regions!

This whole thing is reminding me of the Obamacare website roll out.  This is not going well at all and apparently I am not alone in being somewhat unhappy with Vector at this point especially after shelling out a fair amount of money for it this morning.

Oh jeez, don't even go there, bud. Seriously? You are going to equate this with that?

What is that you are 'somewhat unhappy with' (referring to Vector)?

Problem is that the mesh issues are not only present at airports, but also at some rivers and lakes.

Alot of the issues are not even fixed by having FS Global Mesh installed.

FJ

Such as?

I have FSGlobal2010 (purchased not too long ago on DVD from Pilot's) Is this different from FSGlobal2010 FTX?  Of course the bigger question being how it works with Orbx Global Base and Vector. The other obvious question if there is a difference, how does on up grade?

+1000 >:(

Good luck trying to get an answer out of PILOTS on how to update. They deliberately offer NO UPGRADE/UPDATE PATH (free or for a small fee) to simply have northern Canada mesh included and some other FTX compatibility updates to allow customers who have already bought the DVD version to be updated to the more ideal and complete download version. The reason they will not answer or provide any upgrade path is that they want to disrespect those loyal customers who bought the DVD (less complete and less compatible) version by trying to force them or by hoping they will buy the download version all over again, at FULL PRICE AGAIN, just to have the updates. I can draw no other conclusion after over a month of watching many customers ask this with no reply, no public communication and no upgrade path on their website for FSX users. I have lost a lot of trust in Pilots over this one issue. If they cared about changing that and valued it, they would do something about it. But they will not. So fine...I'll be one measly dissatisfied customer. Its their problem if they don't care.

My grievance, sadness and disappointment is solely directed at Pilots and their FS Global 2010 mesh product...not in one bit at Orbx or Vector. This grievance has nothing to do with Orbx or their CEO and they remain a company with great principle and support of their customers in my opinion. Pilots does not at this point. I had been considering FSGRW which they claim to be an ideal accompaniment to FTX Global. If the DVD version of FS Global 2010 is not, they will understand if I do not believe this at this time. Vector is a product I continue to support and always have. I will buy it but was really hoping for Pilots to provide me with a way to update my DVD edition of FS Global before installing Vector. They obviously will not but I will not buy the download version again for the full price just to have the more complete and updated version. That's insulting their own loyal customer's intelligence. I will also respectfully report any bugs found like many other members are happily doing as I have no concerns whatsoever with regard to bugs in Vector. This is a Live product and all that will get sorted. I also plan to buy a few more Orbx products in the next couple of days and thank JV for the sale. I will continue to support the professional, supportive and ethical business that is Orbx. I am ashamed of Pilots for not resolving this one issue with regards to FS Global 2010...I find it greedy and shameful on their part with regards to what they expect DVD customers to do just to get a more complete version which includes northern Canada and a few compatibility updates with FTX. Yes, I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm disappointed with this Austrian developer at this time and I have lost trust in them as an ethical business. I doubt they will try and restore it...if they would do so quickly, I would still try and reengage that trust (after buying their FS Global 2005, 2008 and 2010 DVDs instead of their competitors over the years). If not, I can live with a more permanent loss of trust too...it is just sad that deliberate lack of communication can do that to customers...but its not about quantifying the issue...its simple principle that's all, no matter what size the issue. It says a lot about a business to customers. I have no intention to argue with anyone on this issue as others may have a better experience and I am pleased for them, sincerely. This is only MY opinion based on MY experience with ONE PILOTS MESH PRODUCT! Not vector itself. I have never had to publically air such grievance with any company but the practices of Pilots in this issue for so long now has left me with no alternative and so now I have done so and I feel better for having let it out after so long in trying to get an answer from them by me and other customers of the DVD product. I will not engage with bickering with anyone but thank you so much to those of you poor guys who've beared with me airing my grievance for support on updating the DVD edition of FS Global 2010 so it works as ideally as the FTX edition with Vector. Only FS Global 2010 download version (and not even the DVD version) will give the most compatibility with FTX Vector and that is what most customers will want. I am not concerned at all about the bugs in Vector...I know they'll constantly be worked on and that's a non-issue that'll resolve over time. Its the deliberate lack of business ethics by Pilots...They will provide no update path or even have the decency to let their customers know what to do. :(

Thank you guys for bearing with me...those who did.

All the best to you all and to Orbx

Sid

Yes Joe, unfortunately there is. They deliberately still won't say what exactly, clearly, directly or publicly. There has been a lot of misinformation and contradiction with regards to FS Global 2010. The differences I am definitely aware of are the DVD version does not include northern Canada. The download version contains the WHOLE world and has some FTX compatibility updates too so is the only version that works most ideally with Vector etc. They deliberately won't say more so people have to buy a full-priced product again to have the maximum compatibility, even though the 2 products are versions of the same 2010 edition mesh. They deliberately still provide no update path from one to the other...no path at all...not free...not for a $5 fee for Canada and the compatibility updates...not at all. I will not pay the full price again for this deceit and would not recommend it to current owners of the DVD product. If, however, you do not yet own any mesh...I would recommend that the FTX compatible download version is the only mesh product that I would recommend to have the most compatibility with Vector as that is what it was tested with.

If FS Global Mesh is required, then those who don´t own that should be refundet or at least get it really cheap.

But it seems that even those who have the FS Global mesh have issues.

FJ

+1

I currently have FSGlobal 2008 and FSGlobal Ultimate Americas. So what to do:

- uninstall (and throw away money) and buy and "fallback" to FSG2010?

or

- uninstall FSG2008 and get the rest of FSGlobal Ultimate (quite expensive!)?

Hi Dusselwings...I believe its the same with you guys who have invested in Pilots mesh too. They are different resolutions so have to have differences. And there is no update path for owners/customers of the Ultimate DVDs either. The ONLY specific mesh that will be MOST compatible with Vector is the FTX-compatible FS Global 2010 download edition that vector was tested with.

We already know about that ChaoticBeauty...I have mentioned that difference in my irst post above. That is still a difference and of significance with using Vector and disingenuous not to say so clearly, and if you look closely enough, there are also differences apart from the missing northern Canada. They have also said on their website that they have made some other FTX-compatible updates. So that is one difference...and there are others. Their lack of personal communication is disingenuous and that is only my bottom line opinion, even if they do not care about it. They do not provide an update path...that is my issue of great contention with them. It's poor practice and disrespectful to loyal customers of many years. That's all.

+1

I currently have FSGlobal 2008 and FSGlobal Ultimate Americas. So what to do:

- uninstall (and throw away money) and buy and "fallback" to FSG2010?

or

- uninstall FSG2008 and get the rest of FSGlobal Ultimate (quite expensive!)?

Yes my friend, that is exactly what they want you to do. You see it as it is. I've been suspecting it for a long time when they deliberately stay silent whenever anyone asks. Throw away money is what they want us to do and that is where my disrespect lies with them (PILOTS). Its disgusting customer relations, support, after-sales and gratitude for brand loyalty.

There seem to be so many issues at play with the release of Vector, it's given me a headache! Like many guys around here, I am very, very disappointed. I have uninstalled Vector and returned to UTX which gives me no problems. To be fair, I think I agree with Sid to a point regarding where the 'blame' lies and it's not with Orbx. However, I really think JV should address the issue of refunds for customers who have bought Vector and are understandably upset.

There seem to be so many issues at play with the release of Vector, it's given me a headache! Like many guys around here, I am very, very disappointed. I have uninstalled Vector and returned to UTX which gives me no problems. To be fair, I think I agree with Sid to a point regarding where the 'blame' lies and it's not with Orbx. However, I really think JV should address the issue of refunds for customers who have bought Vector and are understandably upset.

+1

Oh jeez, don't even go there, bud. Seriously? You are going to equate this with that?

First I am not your "bud", Second in reference to the Obamacare website, It was a joke, lighten up!!.

In reference to: What is that you are 'somewhat unhappy with' (referring to Vector)?

Such as?

Read most of the posts in this thread and you will see what I am "somewhat unhappy with".

Hi,

and what about the DVD Version of FsGlobal Ultimate?

Is it a third version and also not completely compatible?

That's the question i'm asking since yesterday. It's not only, that nobody said clearly what's going on before releasing Vector. Fortunately, i didn't buy Vector til now. But even if i WANT to spend my money on Vector and the best mesh for it, i'm still not able to tell which one that would be. 2010 (which is the OLD VERSION), or Ultimate? Could there be compatibility issues with Ultimate, even though it's the better mesh? And last but not least. Is there maybe already another mesh around the corner, waiting to be released as soon as we've spent our money on this one?

+1000 >:(

Good luck trying to get an answer out of PILOTS on how to update. They deliberately offer NO UPGRADE/UPDATE PATH (free or for a small fee) to simply have northern Canada mesh included and some other FTX compatibility updates to allow customers who have already bought the DVD version to be updated to the more ideal and complete download version. The reason they will not answer or provide any upgrade path is that they want to disrespect those loyal customers who bought the DVD (less complete and less compatible) version by trying to force them or by hoping they will buy the download version all over again, at FULL PRICE AGAIN, just to have the updates. I can draw no other conclusion after over a month of watching many customers ask this with no reply, no public communication and no upgrade path on their website for FSX users. I have lost a lot of trust in Pilots over this one issue. If they cared about changing that and valued it, they would do something about it. But they will not. So fine...I'll be one measly dissatisfied customer. Its their problem if they don't care.

My grievance, sadness and disappointment is solely directed at Pilots and their FS Global 2010 mesh product...not in one bit at Orbx or Vector. This grievance has nothing to do with Orbx or their CEO and they remain a company with great principle and support of their customers in my opinion. Pilots does not at this point. I had been considering FSGRW which they claim to be an ideal accompaniment to FTX Global. If the DVD version of FS Global 2010 is not, they will understand if I do not believe this at this time. Vector is a product I continue to support and always have. I will buy it but was really hoping for Pilots to provide me with a way to update my DVD edition of FS Global before installing Vector. They obviously will not but I will not buy the download version again for the full price just to have the more complete and updated version. That's insulting their own loyal customer's intelligence. I will also respectfully report any bugs found like many other members are happily doing as I have no concerns whatsoever with regard to bugs in Vector. This is a Live product and all that will get sorted. I also plan to buy a few more Orbx products in the next couple of days and thank JV for the sale. I will continue to support the professional, supportive and ethical business that is Orbx. I am ashamed of Pilots for not resolving this one issue with regards to FS Global 2010...I find it greedy and shameful on their part with regards to what they expect DVD customers to do just to get a more complete version which includes northern Canada and a few compatibility updates with FTX. Yes, I'm sad, I'm angry, I'm disappointed with this Austrian developer at this time and I have lost trust in them as an ethical business. I doubt they will try and restore it...if they would do so quickly, I would still try and reengage that trust (after buying their FS Global 2005, 2008 and 2010 DVDs instead of their competitors over the years). If not, I can live with a more permanent loss of trust too...it is just sad that deliberate lack of communication can do that to customers...but its not about quantifying the issue...its simple principle that's all, no matter what size the issue. It says a lot about a business to customers. I have no intention to argue with anyone on this issue as others may have a better experience and I am pleased for them, sincerely. This is only MY opinion based on MY experience with ONE PILOTS MESH PRODUCT! Not vector itself. I have never had to publically air such grievance with any company but the practices of Pilots in this issue for so long now has left me with no alternative and so now I have done so and I feel better for having let it out after so long in trying to get an answer from them by me and other customers of the DVD product. I will not engage with bickering with anyone but thank you so much to those of you poor guys who've beared with me airing my grievance for support on updating the DVD edition of FS Global 2010 so it works as ideally as the FTX edition with Vector. Only FS Global 2010 download version (and not even the DVD version) will give the most compatibility with FTX Vector and that is what most customers will want. I am not concerned at all about the bugs in Vector...I know they'll constantly be worked on and that's a non-issue that'll resolve over time. Its the deliberate lack of business ethics by Pilots...They will provide no update path or even have the decency to let their customers know what to do. :(

Thank you guys for bearing with me...those who did.

All the best to you all and to Orbx

Sid

Fantastic opinion!

I do also understand your source of disappointment and upset Rockliffe and sympathise with the issue you guys are having too. It took me by surprise as all the preliminary information stated there would be an OPTION to use with or without mesh and its associated airport elevation corrections. I have not yet bought Vector but understand that does not appear to have materialised as being the case. This seems unfair as we all expected the option upon installation and it does come as a surprise that it is not apparently the case. It is situations like this why people sometimes ask what appears to be similar questions throughout the development of a product and why what is initially said in an initial development announcement post cannot be taken as still being the case as development nears completion and why its often hard to accept being referred to a months old post which no longer necessarily can be relied on to hold true. To be honest. I'm tired now and, like you, also have a headache and feel sick. Like you, I leave it to the developers to decide to do what they wish with these 2 main real and genuine issues. Bugs are a non-issue for me that will be corrected over time and the product will improve. I feel like encouraging you to try the new FTX-compatible 2010 mesh...I think you will like the result with Vector...and as I say, the bugs will get worked out... but I feel no motivation in encouraging you further with this Pilots product right now. Forgive me mate. I'm going to go and have a lie down. I hope things improve in general so we can be more positive and all welcome the new year in happily and reminisce on what has otherwise been a fantastic 2013 for us simmers...and for a large part, that's thanks to Orbx.

All the best of luck my friend. I'm tired now so am going to go and relax. Try and do the same if you can.

Best regards,

Sid

Got an email from the developer regarding my question in post #70:

FS Global Ulimate series of course works fine, but it got much more data, around 100GB, and therefore not available as download, and it is more expensive. Here in Germany you can get it as bundle for 99 Euro in the Aerosoft shop. Also a fast PC is helpfull due to the amount of data to be loaded.

Archived