From the PILOT'S site..

fjacobsen

Quote from their product page:

"INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMING RELEASE
Version 1.0 is available now through The FlightSimStore for download. If you do not yet own a worldwide custom mesh (which is mandatory in some areas of the world), get FS Global 2010 FTX edition now to create the ideal base for FS Global Vector!"

Why wheren´t we made aware about that in the Orbx announcement ??

The user guide tells:

Quote:

"Orbx has also partnered with PILOT’s who have released a download version of their worldwide FSGlobal2010 Mesh product, called the “FTX Editionâ€. This is the mesh product Orbx beta testers used when testing Vector and although it is not required or mandatory..."

How can they assure compability with default mesh, when the beta testers obviously used the 24GB huge 60,- euro expensive mesh from PILOT´s ??

FJ

[ORB-079] Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR

Order Number: FSS0256755
Order Date: 2013-12-27

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote from their product page:

"INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMING RELEASE

Version 1.0 is available now through The FlightSimStore for download. If you do not yet own a worldwide custom mesh (which is mandatory in some areas of the world), get FS Global 2010 FTX edition now to create the ideal base for FS Global Vector!"

Why wheren´t we made aware about that in the Orbx announcement ??

The user guide tells:

Quote:

"Orbx has also partnered with PILOT’s who have released a download version of their worldwide FSGlobal2010 Mesh product, called the “FTX Editionâ€. This is the mesh product Orbx beta testers used when testing Vector and although it is not required or mandatory..."

How can they assure compability with default mesh, when the beta testers obviously used the 24GB huge 60,- euro expensive mesh from PILOT´s ??

FJ

[ORB-079] Orbx - FTX: Global VECTOR

Order Number: FSS0256755

Order Date: 2013-12-27

Maybe it´s in the Global Vector Manual  ???

Sorry I guess I got stuck on those large red letters and did not read the fine print.

Well I do have FSGlobal 2008...maybe that will help my Global Vector. 

I still have not installed Vector yet...I will get FSGlobal 2008 installed first, then give Vector a whril. 

... I am sure that ORBX will correct issues in time. 

If FS Global Mesh is required, then those who don´t own that should be refundet or at least get it really cheap.

But it seems that even those who have the FS Global mesh have issues.

FJ

Im almost inclined to agree with you.  At the very minimum the product page where it says requires FTX Global should also state mesh is also required to avoid plateaus created by the sims default mesh.

Yes that was misleading and not really good business practice , i love FTX / ORBX  and spent alot of money today on other add ons from them and Vector to find this out not cool . So lets see how they handle this if they do , i hope they do.

Also what other mesh add ons would work cause $92.00 bucks on top of the $100.00 i spent on add ons and vector today is not going to happen .

This whole thing is reminding me of the Obamacare website roll out.  This is not going well at all and apparently I am not alone in being somewhat unhappy with Vector at this point especially after shelling out a fair amount of money for it this morning.

honestly i think that the posted issues here in the forum has nothing to do with or with not using those mesh addon...

JV would have said that we need that mesh to get rid of those wrong or double placed objects.

usally i used to be some kind of critic but in this case i can't believe that ORBX had hidden something from us..

Carsten

This whole thing is reminding me of the Obamacare website roll out.  This is not going well at all and apparently I am not alone in being somewhat unhappy with Vector at this point especially after shelling out a fair amount of money for it this morning.

lol at the obamacare

I added the below comment on another link before I was advised by cpspok that there was a support forum for Vector so I thought it would bear repeating here so the developers would be sure to see it.

----------------------------------------------

I just downloaded Vector, installed it and ran into a major problem.  I used to live at Lake Vallecito, Colorado, 30 Miles NE of Durango, Colorado.  Lake Vallecito is a large lake and fresh water source for the area.  I fly around the area a lot since I miss it so much after I left there 10 years ago due to health conditions.  P3D V2 always showed the Lake beautifuly until I installed Vector.  It now shows it as dry ground with trees all over the place.  Not even close to what it should be.

https://maps.google....w&ved=0CLUBELYD

I will remove Vector until this is fixed.  Major disappointment having my favorite place on Earth to fly over messed up.

This is a screenshot of the display by Vector of Lake Vallecito.  There should be nothing but water extending from the road on the left side of the shot all the way to the extreme right side of the screen and from the bottom of the screen to the base of the mountains halfway up the screen.

post-13346-0-79839400-1388165608_thumb.p

I would be sure to start a new thread in the Vector support to be sure they actually don't miss your post as this is a important fix and they may not see it here just title it the area in its new thread under the Vector support section 

I would be sure to start a new thread in the Vector support to be sure they actually don't miss your post as this is a important fix and they may not see it here just title it the area in its new thread under the Vector support section 

Thanks for the idea.  I will hold off a little while to see if there is a response from the developers.  I don't want to flood the forum with too many of the same post.  It would be nice if the developers would "flood" Lake Vallecito (Pun intended).

Although I have a different problem, I thought that I'd check you're area/problem.

Actually, having the separate mesh has been discussed for a while.

I have FSGenesis. I bought it when it was on sale for $20. It may, or may not be as good as the $100 mesh, I don't know. But it is good enough for now.

This is what Lake Vallecito looks like in FSX with FSGenesis, and FTX Global.1388235235.jpg

UPS! This is really disturbing and disappointing news you guys are coming up with here...!

And what does this mean "..which is mandatory in some areas of the world.."  well, in which areas then??!!

I really wish we could get some comments from FTX folks on this important issue here?

An update.  See my previous screenshot and now here is what Lake Vallecito should look like with Vector now disabled in the scenery library.  Pretty big difference huh?

In reference to FSGenesis, I have it and did install it in FSX and P3D 1.4 when I had them (I have not put it into P3D V2 yet) but I don't think there would be any problems with it.

post-13346-0-63478600-1388168248_thumb.p

Greetings all..

Not to be a Debbie Downer on my first post in these forums... but I too am having issues with Vector.

A 20% drop in framerates and strange things happening with Texture Mesh in regards to elevation at some airports.

Can someone tell me the best way to uninstall Vector until the first patch comes out?

There seems to be no uninstall provided with Vector

Thank,

D-Man

Greetings all..

Not to be a Debbie Downer on my first post in these forums... but I too am having issues with Vector.

A 20% drop in framerates and strange things happening with Texture Mesh in regards to elevation at some airports.

Can someone tell me the best way to uninstall Vector until the first patch comes out?

There seems to be no uninstall provided with Vector

Thank,

D-Man

I just disabled (not "removed", but "disabled") it in the P3D V2 scenery library and as far as I can see that cleared up a lot of problems.  Hopefully that is a quick way to in effect remove it until fixes come out (obviously there will be a hell of a lot of fixes required!).

Actually some relevant FTX statements here:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

"..As you can see, FTX Global is the best texture replacement available for FSX, but does not include any Mesh, Landclass, or Vector data... In it's raw form, it simply uses what was provided by FSX default, but will also use any 3rd party Meash, Landclass and Vector data if it's installed. So to get the best out of FTX Global while we all wait for Open LC, you may want to invest in some of that 3rd party software to help smooth out those rough edges of FSX/P3D default ;) There are also many freeware packs out there for small areas.

Examples would be:

Mesh - FS Genesis, FS Global 2008/2010/Ultimate

Landclass - FS GLobal Landclass, UTX

Vector - UTX, USA Roads.."

Hmm, I'm just about to install Vector after uninstalling UTX, now I'm unsure what to do...

From what I am seeing on the forums and my own experience you might want to wait at least a few days.  But, as I posted to dfloth you could probably go ahead and install it (Vector) and it you have problems just turn it off in the P3D V2 scenery library but that is no guarantee to work correctly, it is just my experience so far.

Rockliffe,

I installed it took out UTX and it is better than UTX yes there a few bugs but if we don't find them and post pics they can't fix them, can't fix what they can't see or don't hear .

It is alot better but again there are some isolated issues 

FTX:

Rockliffe,

I installed it took out UTX and it is better than UTX yes there a few bugs but if we don't find them and post pics they can't fix them, can't fix what they can't see or don't hear .

It is alot better but again there are some isolated issues 

Well, it appears that if you're taking out UTX you will then loose Landclass..!!

FTX:

well i dont have a mesh but i think ill wait for LC to come out before i purchase anything else trying to keep most of my stuff Orbx / FTX and REX simple by not having a million publishers on my install seems to run better this way . Although i would really like a mesh so i may try FSGenesis if i can figure out if it will affect or be affected by my PNW , TONGASS FJORDS , P FJORDS , SOUTH ALASKA  regions or affect vector which it should not affect vector nor should it affect FTXGlobal but the Regions are the ones i dont want to mess up that i got from FTX

well i dont have a mesh but i think ill wait for LC to come out before i purchase anything else trying to keep most of my stuff Orbx / FTX and REX simple by not having a million publishers on my install seems to run better this way . Although i would really like a mesh so i may try FSGenesis if i can figure out if it will affect or be affected by my PNW , TONGASS FJORDS , P FJORDS , SOUTH ALASKA  regions or affect vector which it should not affect vector nor should it affect FTXGlobal but the Regions are the ones i dont want to mess up that i got from FTX

Yes, a  wise conclusion!

I'll skip FTX Vector for now and keep UTX until things are clearly sorted out..

As I posted just a minute ago in another support thread

I believe mesh incompatibilities will mainly stem from the airport elevation correction. In the uninstallation instructions I wrote up you can deactivate or remove the airport elevation correction files:

http://www.orbxsyste...tions/?p=648307

Just deactivate the AEC files. Beside that any quality worldwide mesh should prevent obvious errors like water crawling uphill.

The PILOT's team will be able to clarify this point  :)

Archived