Birthday present #2 - survived the first use

Stillwater

Now I found some time to test #2 from the list, quite a challenge to program the FMS.

Took off too steep (maybe not very comfortable for the 100 paxes), ...

D2Nn.jpg

... but managed to get the plane controlled then.

KyGhJ.jpg

FSX real weather, not so bad looking (with REX clouds).

upWnV.jpg

Approaching Cairns ILS15, by far too close behind the RFDS...:

6snc.jpg

d9bqV.jpg

Shutdown.

Yr2g1.jpg

So much to learn on this bird. And the first step will now be getting a local paint.

I agree, the first time you start to program and play with the FMS and all the equipment on this kind of aircraft, the learning curve is quite steep and you do more sitting than flying. Well done, you seem to be moving ahead quite well!

I agree, the first time you start to program and play with the FMS and all the equipment on this kind of aircraft, the learning curve is quite steep and you do more sitting than flying. Well done, you seem to be moving ahead quite well!

Super shots and good looking aircraft but to complicated for my. ::)

At least a steep learning curve is rewarding. Though a bit work (even reading a manual!) seems to be needed for good control...

Great set! :)

Very nice shots Gerold! - perhaps a stupid question: is this the AS Airbus X extended?

Yes, Frank, it is. With the extensive updates a boxed version did not ease the installation at all. But it was the only way to get the bird as a birthday present  8) . Not sure how this will work with future "download-only" concepts.

+1

Brad

Nicely done Gerold and good luck with the FMS!!

Adam

Maybe luck. Maybe "work"  :blink: . But from time to time a little challenge is ok...!

Me too, but a fine set of shots all the same.

Thanks for your encouraging comments, mates!

Archived