Next FTXG freeware airport group, need help

Neil Hill

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neil, Arnold Palmer Regional (KLBE) would be an excellent choice. Located forty miles east of Pittsburgh, Pa. next to the Allegheny  Mountains. It serves both commercial and general aviation.

There are two runways, one 8222 x 100ft and a second at 3609 x 75ft.

Spirit Airlines is the main carrier using the Airbus A319 and A320  plus charter 737 flights to Atlantic City and Vegas.

Airport info.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLBE

Adam

Not Sure if this one has been Mentioned   but  St George Muni (KDXZ)

Washington, Utah, United States (84780)  

This airport Doesn't exist in FSX  or P3D  because of it's Newness, it would be a Great place to Stop on the Way to KTEX.

Unalakleet would still be great with Neils's Orbx wand wafted over it though, the Tweto's would be well chuffed :) :)

Agreed, but with 25 000 airports I hope time and effort will be spent wisely. There is a lot of ground to be covered, so why concentrate on duplicates?

@David, sorry, I'm going to concentrate on North America airports, there's plenty to do here.

@John E77, ZIGGY - I'm going to add KCGN to group 3 mainly because I had already done it and it's clogging up my FTX Global working folder.  Do check out Ozx's version it's probably better than mine.

I ought to do Colorado Springs as I have relatives there, hopefully I don't have to add where the fire was.

I'm still noting suggestions, thanks for all of them.

Cheers, Neil

A lot of airports mentioned here have been done. I would encourage folks to check out this site first. There are a lot of good freeware airports that look great with FTXG:

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

To name a few:

KTEX already has a very nice freeware version with excellent custom models

KSBA already done

KASE is done (released by myself a few months ago), plus Aerosoft is working on an updated version that looks very good

I just don't want Neil to do an airport that already exists, not that he wouldn't enjoy it. There are, however, plenty that haven't been done.

Todd

kapa-Centennial airport near Denver,Co.

I'm working on this one right now. Just give me a few weeks. : )

Todd

Hi Todd,

Thanks for noting those that are already done, saves me some work, KTEX and KGCN were already done but I'm noting those others. I'm looking forward to your KAPA,

Cheers, Neil

Neil, I mentioned it earlier, but Fort Worth Alliance KAFW has also been done already...there's a very nice version available on AVSIM.

Was hoping you guys would possibly consider Houston Hobby KHOU instead.

Hi dubliner,

OK on KAFW having been done before but KHOU, Houston Hobby is just too big for me to do effectively with the ORBX Library objects.  I'll look at my list for a replacement.

Cheers, Neil

EDIT: how about  KLBE , Arnold Palmer Regional, Latrobe, PA.  It was requested, is a reasonable size with 2 rwy's.

Or maybe David Wayne Hooks Memorial, KDWH, right outside of Houston?

2 runways, compact, with a lot of generic hangar type buildings. I think its in the top-20 busiest airports for GA or so. And relatively close to KAFW as a replacement.

Sorry, just been really into flying around Texas lately!

Hi Neil,

Here is a good one.

Laconia (KLCI) New Hampshire at lake Winnipisaukee the largest lake in New Hampshire. Just a short distance from Louden International Speedway where Nascar Racing performs and all the drivers fly there in their own jets and Turbo aircraft. All flying in for racetime. And many large aircraft carrying pit crews and team owners to the track.

At racetime it is one aircraft after the other.

Area is also the gateway to the beautiful White Mountains.

Check it out,

Larry

Hi All,

I'm putting together the next (4th) group of FTXG freeware airports to work on and would like to get some input.  I have started the list based on suggestions made in an earlier thread but some may have very good released versions available (I'd rather work on ones that are not available) and there are a couple of slots left.

Here is my list so far (you'll notice these are somewhat larger airports than my first set and that's OK):

KBSP, San Luis County Regional, CA -

KPSP, Palm Springs International, CA -

KAAR, Aurora Municipal, Chicago/Aurora, IL or..........

KRFD, Chicago Rockford International, Chicago/Rockford, IL

KMMU, Morristown Municipal, Morristown, NJ -

KBJC, Rocky Mountain Metro, Denver, CO -

So, any comments, any suggestions?

Cheers, Neil

STOCKTON METROPOLITAN AIRPORT (KSCK) PLEASSSSSSSSSSSE!!!!!!!! :D

Hi Wannabeapilot,

KSCK , Stockton, CA is one of the 361 airports in the NCA region, which should be out before the end of the year.

Wow, so many good airports to choose from.  I've got the next 3 or 4 months lined up.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Neil,

Yesterday I thought I left a suggestion for a location KLCI with an explanation of the area, but I do not find it listed here.

If there is a reason it is not listed or I did not reply properly please let me know so I do not repeat the message.

Larry

Ocracoke, NC

Manteo, NC

Beaufort, NC

Washington, NC

First Flight Nags Head, NC

These would make a great round robin for the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Beaufort NC was named after one of the Challenger Astronauts. Don't know if Manteo was also named after an astronaut. Ocracoke is one of those $100 burger or fresh fish flights to Howard's Pub that will pick you up at the airport in a golf cart.

Paul Laube

Hi Spinker, and all,

I indeed have your KLCI with a note to myself that this would indeed be a good airport to do.  If I answered all the suggestions I would be spending all my time with answering and not getting anything else accomplished.  I go through the thread several times a day and jot down any new suggestions and update others depending on info learned.

Cheers, Neil

Hi Bushmonkey,

Good list but several airports I could not find as you didn't provide the ICAO.  I find no airport listed for First Flight Nags Head, NC for example nor Beaufort, NC.

For all: please provide the ICAO, it saves me hunting around for it as I list all the airports by their ICAO,

Thanks, Neil

Hi Neil,

I do not kow if these were mentioned but what about 2 former AFB's now county airfields in Sacramento, Ca. Mather field (KMHR) also has Air National guard helo's, UPS, and DHL hubs. And McClellan Airpark (KMCC) still has a Coast Guard air station with a few C-130's, CAL Fire aircraft post, Evergreen Int. Cargo facility, ATI Cargo, and an Air Museum. These would fit in nicely with the NA Norcal region. I would even consider these if they were done payware.

Info:

Mcclellan

http://www.mcclellanjetservices.com/mcc_executive_airport.htm

Mather

http://www.sacramento.aero/mhr/

Thanks for considering.

JP

Hartsville, SC - KHVS

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KHVS

Pageland, SC - KPYG

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KPYG

The above are 2 local airports..............Love to see a little magic on them.......Don't forget SC79 mentioned above.

Thanks much................FTX Global is going to be huge.........

Ocracoke, NC

Manteo, NC

Beaufort, NC

Washington, NC

First Flight Nags Head, NC

These would make a great round robin for the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Beaufort NC was named after one of the Challenger Astronauts. Don't know if Manteo was also named after an astronaut. Ocracoke is one of those $100 burger or fresh fish flights to Howard's Pub that will pick you up at the airport in a golf cart.

Paul Laube

I think what you mean is that the airport in Beaufort, NC, Michael J. Smith Field, was named after one of the Challenger astronauts. ;) The town of Manteo was named after a Native American who assisted the colonists of Roanoke Island.

As a fellow North Carolinian, I agree that those would be great airports! :)

Hi Bushmonkey,

Good list but several airports I could not find as you didn't provide the ICAO.  I find no airport listed for First Flight Nags Head, NC for example nor Beaufort, NC.

For all: please provide the ICAO, it saves me hunting around for it as I list all the airports by their ICAO,

Thanks, Neil

That would be W95, KMQI, KMRH, KOCW, and KFFA.

Archived