Morning flights from Brisbane,YBBN to Bundaberg,YBUD

moonman

Hello Everyone!

Learning to fly a new plane properly always takes some time – i am pretty sure we all know :smile:

So i dedcied to take the great Majestic Dash Q8-400 on a „training-route“, based on a real world flight provided by Qantas Link, heading from Brisbane to Bundaberg.

I really enjoy to orient on real world flights to set up a route in the sim and usually take a look at flightaware.com to get some basic info in advance.

The final route here (set up with Skyvector and programmed into the FMC then) was as follows:

YBBN-[sID] Brisbane2 (BN2)-SU-MYBSM-Arrival (depending on the RW in use)-YBUD

Altitude: 16000 Feet

The entire flighttime usually was approx 30-40 minutes and i took some shots in between – and so: Here weg go!

I used various ENB settings and ENB-palettes here for each flight and i was also fiddling around with various REX textures, hence the differences in light and colours.

I was also not flying exactly at the same „sim-time“ always.

Anyways – the next time i will practice „turnarounds“ – but ... that’s another story!

So for now:

Everyone, please enjoy!

Cheers, Christoph

Taking off YBBN, RW19 …

3eUxd.jpg

a passenger’s view – northwards now heading  to our first waypoint

1ZvUh.jpg

enroute now – and a view from the cockpit

eUf62.jpg

just a little more time to go to the ToD – VNAV is ready

BkHe.jpg

on descend

540QO.jpg

passengers at YBUD

P4DYL.jpg

taking off again from YBBN, RW19 practicing flying the first part of  the flight towards the assigned

heading and altitude manually

JW02q.jpg

…

zmjH.jpg

another passenger’s view

kUe6w.jpg

landed at YBUD

UwXiY.jpg

in the air …

Y8JB9.jpg

and touch down again

P54i.jpg

parked …

YCEZQ.jpg

„Jumpseat“

HKniz.jpg

… and out of YBBN again

IU3GY.jpg

You got an excellent set here. Lots of info. Beautiful scenery captures. I agree with you that it takes a lot of time to learn to fly seriously a new type of aircraft. This DH8D is one of the top machine on  the market these days.

That's indeed an ideal run for getting acquainted with the procedures of the Dash - and some great pics you've made from those flights.

Cheers

Mallard

PS - a bit of a challenging runway-length at YBUD, isn't it? ;)

Thank You all very much for taking the time and offering feedback and all Your encouraging comments and replies!

Thank You!

Great to read, that You like these shots here!

Cheers, Christoph

.. and:

Fantastic shots Christoph. I have just ordered the Majestic DVD and will be sure to try the same route. You have me excited!

Hey moon man,great shots from my neck of the woods
I'm getting the dash next week,can't wait

Stu

Hi Graeme and Stu!

I am sure You will enjoy flying the Dash - take some time for reading the detailed tutorial iand check out the Majestic website and the internet for some tutorial videos though - it really helps a lot!

And in case You use OPUS camera and turbulence features, check out the OPUS support forum as the Dash may have some issues with this particular features due to the fact that it is somehow "programmed outside" FSX so to speak. Nothing to worry about, and a fix is already provided by OPUS with their latest BETA version, but just in case i thought it worth mentioning.

So:

Have fun and enjoy flying the Dash!

Cheers, Christoph

You got an excellent set here. Lots of info. Beautiful scenery captures. I agree with you that it takes a lot of time to learn to fly seriously a new type of aircraft. This DH8D is one of the top machine on  the market these days.

Hi Francois!

I totally agree!

And for me personally my top favourites currently are:

PMDG's NGX, Majestic's Dash Q8-400, the latest B200 by Flight1, the latest Twin Otter by Aerosoft, the Real Air Duke and - pretty sure - the forthcomming A2A C172 (It is not available yet, but as so many of us i dare to say: I (and many of us flightsimmers) - will most likely love flying it!)

... but i am also eagerly awaiting PMDG's777, which is also around the corner ...

But that's it then ... or at least for now ;)

Cheers, Christoph

Super shots Christoph , i like them a lot, great livery!!!

Hi Mike!

Indeed - a great livery!

I forgot to mention it: It was done by user Tavers and is available at OZx!

Cheers, Christoph

That's indeed an ideal run for getting acquainted with the procedures of the Dash - and some great pics you've made from those flights.

Cheers

Mallard

PS - a bit of a challenging runway-length at YBUD, isn't it? ;)

Hi Mallard!

Indeed, indeed!

But as i hadn't got that much fuel on board as this particular route is a very short one, my landing weights were not that much and "allowed" some "wider limits" in regards to lower landing speeds then.

Cheers, Christoph

Really nice set Christoph, will try this route with my Q400...I some times struggle with my final flare with the Q400, really amazing bird to fly :)

Hi Shaun!

Landing the Dash smoothly is always some kind of challenge indeed!

There are some threads at the Majestic website and AVSIM (and at many other flightsimrelated sites as well i think) with some vital and informative discussions regarding "how to" land the Dash correctly.

And - again only as far as i can tell and remember - "flaring" the Dash is not really the best way to go and if doing so, then better just very gentle.

For me i found it the best way to hold the approach speed until crossing the threshold and prior to touchdown try to come in with an descend rate of something like 200F/M then. And only then i flare a very little bit and reduce speed.

But this is just a technique which suits best for me by now - and i am pretty sure there are many ways to go and as i am no real world Dash pilot i can not say which technique to "really" recommend!

Cheers, Christoph

Archived